Leicester 1 Coventry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not understand the flak against Ricardo. Maybe some fans are just not used to seeing a goalkeeper who prefers to play with the ball at his feet and looking for good quick distribution. It was Ricardo's free kick that set Naughton's goal up. Ricardo looked calm and did not panic.

Bamba looks too laid back sometimes. He is powerful with good ball control and passing. Almost came unstuck a couple of times, but Sven was right to push him upfront to try and get the winner.

Our defence were at fault for the Cov goal, but so were Yakuba (3), King (2) and Vassell and Gallagher for missed chances. Lord knows how Marlon King missed his second chance.

Should have been 8-2 to us. Vassell and Naughton JMOM for me.

Should have wrapped the game up in first twenty minutes,a bit more composure in front of goal then we would have been talking about a good win.

Second half we became a bit predictable....i think against teams who stifle you the tempo has to be quicker.

We played the usual nice build up slow passing football....but the time we got in and around there goal they had everybody back,and our crosses were easily cut out.

I've had a bit to drunk, and not read past your post but 100% agree with that.

I said in the match thread when Waggy was warming up I hoped he was coming on for Yak. Vassell did well today, their only way of dealing with him seemed to be fouling him, and I thought moving him central would've been a great idea.

Not one to criticise Sven, but today I could only assume that Yakubu has a "if we play, he plays" clause in his loan contract.

I've had a bit to drunk, and not read past your post but 100% agree with that.

I said in the match thread when Waggy was warming up I hoped he was coming on for Yak. Vassell did well today, their only way of dealing with him seemed to be fouling him, and I thought moving him central would've been a great idea.

Not one to criticise Sven, but today I could only assume that Yakubu has a "if we play, he plays" clause in his loan contract.

Yes, you have :icon_lol:

Btw.... I hate to join in the mongie hype with the over used "must have a plan B" phrase, but it's a point I felt today for the first time.

Feel free to agree or disagree, BUT...

I think our pretty passing football is lovely to watch, some of the best and most productive football I've seen us play, and I'm enjoying and a big fan of Sven. And I believe that it will serve us well enough to get into the playoffs this season (5th or 6th place), and if we don't go up this year, but keep Sven and the Thais, we will get automatic next year.... BUT...

The pretty passing football, although it will get us into the playoffs, I don't think will see us WIN the playoffs. We need for 1, another option when teams suss out our preferred style of play, but 2, and probably more importantly, a more tough, rugged, dogged, grinding out, "experienced", physical style of play I think to overcome playoff games that are very different in style to league matches.

Hope I'm wrong, because as I say, I think we will be in the top 6 come 46 games, but I just don't think we have what it takes to win them.

Last edited:
Yes, you have :icon_lol:

Haha, shut it.

I even skim read that post to check for spelling.

Oops. Not as bad as it could've been, trust me.

(p.s. took me 5 minutes to write this message, checking for SPAG errors) shhhhh

Last edited:
Just seen the Coventry goal on FLS, not seen anything that changes my mind - Ricardo must do better there and so must Van Aanholt.

Just seen the Coventry goal on FLS, not seen anything that changes my mind - Ricardo must do better there and so must Van Aanholt.

What would you suggest? Growing several new arms like the Hindu god Kali? Or maybe he should just take part in a genetic experiment to grow some massive, goal sized hands.

What would you suggest? Growing several new arms like the Hindu god Kali? Or maybe he should just take part in a genetic experiment to grow some massive, goal sized hands.

Uh, well, the "Spider-Man" sticky ability so he could catch things straight at him rather than them bouncing off him would be useful.

Otherwise known as the "good goalie standard ability" ;)

I'm not really anti-Ricardom, but think he definetly could've done better with that one

Just watched it again and there's absolutely nothing he could've done about it. I think the fact he touched the ball and it changed direction is deceiving people.

He tried to close his legs to stop the ball and it caught the back of his foot going through causing the change in direction, but no keeper in the world could have had the reactions to close their legs quickly enough to stop that one.

I think there's a real anti-Ricardo sentiment going on at the moment and I find it really dismaying. I personally think he's a great keeper and, for the record, I couldn't give a **** if he's happy to punch a ball out into play instead of being a milky tea drinking Englishman and catching the ball and caressing it.
The bullshit that's being whipped up about him by the likes of Stringy and Alan Young is just fuelling the ****wits in the stands chanting for Weale every time the ball goes anywhere near him. Which is just ****ing retarded and counterproductive.

This is the word of the spiritual leader of the forum, Allahu akhbar

No one is asking YOU to take any positives from the game.

However, I'm sure THE TEAM will as it was nowhere near as bad as you say.

Good day Mattmeister. I know you've read this forum a lot and thought to yourself 'I know, if I follow everyone's general sentiment and make blandly derogatory gestures at Syd in block capitals then lots of people on here will accept me' (which is probably true) but this still doesn't change the fact that you're a spineless goon and a gutless sheep incapable of forging your own viewpoint. Maybe they'll nod at you in the street, but you'll still go home with that horrible empty feeling inside.

The insinuation from your message is that you feel we all need to be absolutely clear that the team is more important than I am. Gee, thanks for clearing that one up. But if you seriously think the players should be sleeping comfortably in their beds then you're not even a sheep, you're less than a sheep.

It was bad, could have been worse, may get better, but it was still bad. Live with it. If we don't get better we won't go up, simple as that. Regardless of how much you've been saturating your undergarments at Sven he really hasn't achieved anything incredible yet, the only people who believe he has are here or on other Leicester City forums. Of course he's not doing a bad job, but how you've all got yourselves this excited I really don't know. I'd hate to see you at a lynching.

And yes, Ricardo should have saved it. 'No goalkeeper in the world would have saved that' -for me that's an alarming thing to hear from a literate human, but some of you seem to have convinced yourselves.

Last edited:
That horrible piss-soaked Mattmeister, how dare he be a City Fan? Grrrrr
Respond to me somebody, PLEASE, anybody, please feed me, I'm a troll and I need sustenance.
lick, lick, suck, suck, slaver, I know I'm sad but this is all I have to live for. SOMEBODY please give me some attention, lick my balls, they're wrinkly and I'm not sure what these spots are about

Good day Mattmeister. I know you've read this forum a lot and thought to yourself 'I know, if I follow everyone's general sentiment and make blandly derogatory gestures at Syd in block capitals then lots of people on here will accept me' (which is probably true) but this still doesn't change the fact that you're a spineless goon and a gutless sheep incapable of forging your own viewpoint.

It must be lovely to be the centre of attention for a change, seeing as no-one's given a flying **** about any of your posts for four years; if only I'd known that I could have become some kind of god-like deity by making 'blandly derogatory gestures' at you... surely this should be made common knowledge?

The fact that you think that you matter, that you have somehow become a character and that you have changed the dynamic of this message board speaks volumes about you. You claim to be far more intelligent than any other member of this board, but all I have witnessed is you being outclassed on this message board by people more intelligent than you.

You should humble yourself.

But I'm obviously a spineless goon and a gutless sheep. What do I know?

Will somebody please give me some attention? I'm going to piss my pants unless somebody feeds me!!! AAAAHHHHFFFGGGUIIIIOO I NEED ATTENTION What's wrong with you? Suck my mispelt dycq you ignorant fqurz. You all think you're City fans, but you know nothing. In my universe, there is only 1 City fan and even I am not humble enough to know his name. Allahu ackbar Ali Mauchlen

Just watched it again and there's absolutely nothing he could've done about it. I think the fact he touched the ball and it changed direction is deceiving people.

He tried to close his legs to stop the ball and it caught the back of his foot going through causing the change in direction, but no keeper in the world could have had the reactions to close their legs quickly enough to stop that one.

I'll take your word on that, it looked soft at the time but there's no ****ing way I'll be watching the 'highlights'.

I am under the impression many fans see Ricardo as being chosen for his distribution, in the last two home games his kicking has been on a par with Weale - folk are then wondering what the point in dropping Weale was, personally I agree there.

I think there's a real anti-Ricardo sentiment going on at the moment and I find it really dismaying. I personally think he's a great keeper and, for the record, I couldn't give a **** if he's happy to punch a ball out into play instead of being a milky tea drinking Englishman and catching the ball and caressing it.
The bullshit that's being whipped up about him by the likes of Stringy and Alan Young is just fuelling the ****wits in the stands chanting for Weale every time the ball goes anywhere near him. Which is just ****ing retarded and counterproductive.

This is the word of the spiritual leader of the forum, Allahu akhbar

Halle-f*cking-lujah :038:

Btw.... I hate to join in the mongie hype with the over used "must have a plan B" phrase, but it's a point I felt today for the first time.

Feel free to agree or disagree, BUT...

I think our pretty passing football is lovely to watch, some of the best and most productive football I've seen us play, and I'm enjoying and a big fan of Sven. And I believe that it will serve us well enough to get into the playoffs this season (5th or 6th place), and if we don't go up this year, but keep Sven and the Thais, we will get automatic next year.... BUT...

The pretty passing football, although it will get us into the playoffs, I don't think will see us WIN the playoffs. We need for 1, another option when teams suss out our preferred style of play, but 2, and probably more importantly, a more tough, rugged, dogged, grinding out, "experienced", physical style of play I think to overcome playoff games that are very different in style to league matches.

Hope I'm wrong, because as I say, I think we will be in the top 6 come 46 games, but I just don't think we have what it takes to win them.

I think that's a generally fair assessment - although if we get into the play offs (and it's a big if then anything could happen).

I expected us to drop points in this fixture - and said so. The reasons were obvious to me and come down to the opposition knowing that we can be bullied - and if they have the players to do that then that is what will happen.

It's not long ago that there were posts questioning whether Andy King was worth a place in the side because all he did was score goals!!. Now some people think he's worth 10 million quid. I think that the reality is that if you are going to beat the field in this division that you need the right balance (and right numbers) of midfielders and we don't have that balance that would accommodate the skills of King and Wellens alongside a destructive midfielder. The other issue is that we have a number of really talented young defenders - lent to us by top clubs that want to see them gain experience. We get the benefit...but there's always a downside to playing so many young kids.

This barracking of players during the course of play has become the mark of large sections of the City crowd and I am sure that you are right in saying that it is counter-productive. The fact though that it is being done by people who are at the ground means that it is most unlikely to be caused by any "bullshit that's being whipped up about him by the likes of Stringy and Alan Young". These people are making their own minds up on what they see, much in the same way that I have done.

In the first instance we were encouraged to consider the whole package that we were getting with Ricardo; we were asked to dampen down our inbred concerns about a goalkeeper who constantly punches balls that others would hold; we were recommended to enjoy the added value of his quality distribution; and we were urged not to be too hasty in making our minds up about him. So what happened to his distribution yesterday? Why has he resorted to the hoof?

It does seem to me that he has absolutely nothing to offer over Chris Weale and unless there is a great improvement in his performance, I am never going to feel any kind of security while he is between our sticks.

Presumably 'Mongie Attack' means some people don't think we played very well and others among you refuse to accept it.

We were rubbish today, we've been rubbish for three games and something fundamental will have to be altered if we're to outwit those sides who, right now, seem to know exactly what to expect from Leicester.

This would never have happened under Mar....

Just as a matter of interest, were you one of those ****wits who booed the announcement of Ricardo's name before kick off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669