Leicester 1 Coventry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem to me that he has absolutely nothing to offer over Chris Weale and unless there is a great improvement in his performance, I am never going to feel any kind of security while he is between our sticks.

Fair enough and I agree mostly.

The big issue though is that had you been at the Walkers yesterday I very much doubt that you would have been one of those booing Ricardo as his name was announced and calling for Weale mid-match.

Unlike those morons who actually did that :icon_roll

Good day Mattmeister. I know you've read this forum a lot and thought to yourself 'I know, if I follow everyone's general sentiment and make blandly derogatory gestures at Syd in block capitals then lots of people on here will accept me' (which is probably true) but this still doesn't change the fact that you're a spineless goon and a gutless sheep incapable of forging your own viewpoint. Maybe they'll nod at you in the street, but you'll still go home with that horrible empty feeling inside.

The insinuation from your message is that you feel we all need to be absolutely clear that the team is more important than I am. Gee, thanks for clearing that one up. But if you seriously think the players should be sleeping comfortably in their beds then you're not even a sheep, you're less than a sheep.

It was bad, could have been worse, may get better, but it was still bad. Live with it. If we don't get better we won't go up, simple as that. Regardless of how much you've been saturating your undergarments at Sven he really hasn't achieved anything incredible yet, the only people who believe he has are here or on other Leicester City forums. Of course he's not doing a bad job, but how you've all got yourselves this excited I really don't know. I'd hate to see you at a lynching.

And yes, Ricardo should have saved it. 'No goalkeeper in the world would have saved that' -for me that's an alarming thing to hear from a literate human, but some of you seem to have convinced yourselves.

Thank you Syd for your 'considered' response.

You're correct, I do read this forum a lot, but I only post occasionally. Often it will be in response to posts like yours.

I'm not one for childish slanging matches so let's leave that to one side.

Yesterday we did not play that badly - we probably had more clear-cut chances (e.g. one-on-ones) than the Millwall, Derby or Barnsley games. A defensive lapse cost us a win - simple as that.

Given our start to the season, I think most fans should be delighted that we are two points off the play-off places with twelve games to go - just what is your problem with this and with Sven, in particular?

I'll take your word on that, it looked soft at the time but there's no ****ing way I'll be watching the 'highlights'.

I am under the impression many fans see Ricardo as being chosen for his distribution, in the last two home games his kicking has been on a par with Weale - folk are then wondering what the point in dropping Weale was, personally I agree there.

His kicking yesterday bordered on the highly dangerous. He put full backs under pressure numerous times.

There's not a lot of difference between the pair, the keeper who the back four are more confidence with we should stick with.

Imo there's too much complaining about the barracking some players get, if they 're that bothered about it then they're in the wrong game. All the abuse Marlon King got yesterday didn't seem to affect his performance.

I'd imagine that someone like Wellens who has been most peoples' player of the season could be just as offended that nobody ever chants for him when Sol Bambas name, who's only been here a month is chanted every five minutes.

PS. I'm not condoning barracking Ricardo or calling Wellens or Bamba.

spent most of the game sat behind this fat pissed up old bloke who kept shouting 'Weale' every 30 seconds..... my guess its was Macky. could be wrong tho :)

Btw.... I hate to join in the mongie hype with the over used "must have a plan B" phrase, but it's a point I felt today for the first time.

Feel free to agree or disagree, BUT...

I think our pretty passing football is lovely to watch, some of the best and most productive football I've seen us play, and I'm enjoying and a big fan of Sven. And I believe that it will serve us well enough to get into the playoffs this season (5th or 6th place), and if we don't go up this year, but keep Sven and the Thais, we will get automatic next year.... BUT...

The pretty passing football, although it will get us into the playoffs, I don't think will see us WIN the playoffs. We need for 1, another option when teams suss out our preferred style of play, but 2, and probably more importantly, a more tough, rugged, dogged, grinding out, "experienced", physical style of play I think to overcome playoff games that are very different in style to league matches.

Hope I'm wrong, because as I say, I think we will be in the top 6 come 46 games, but I just don't think we have what it takes to win them.

Yes, because the last 2 winners of the play-off have been Holloway's Blackpool and Coyle's Burnley. Two sides who are not known for their passing style and who are known for being rugged and grinding out results. Oh wait...

spent most of the game sat behind this fat pissed up old bloke who kept shouting 'Weale' every 30 seconds..... my guess its was Macky. could be wrong tho :)

Apart from the last five minutes because you are one of those 'early leavers' aren't you.

:icon_wink

One of the other links on that page is for the Sol Bamba feature which I hadn't seen before.

Free fruit from the market, whatever next!!

you'll be telling us next you've never picked up a fruit in the market

Thanks very much for directing to the highlights, it's crap having to randomly pick times and guess where we'll be, so thanks.

I wasn't there, and I didn't listen to it, so I'm not really placed to comment. HOWEVER I was at the coventry game earlier in the season and it sounds sound entirely dissimilar. When i went to check my phone at work at five I knew somehow it would be a draw. The finishing looked frustrating, can't imagine what it would have been like there. Should Ricardo have stopped King's shot? Probably, but it doesn't mean he's a bad keeper. Not much point berating players that Sven will pick regardless. It isn't th most important game this season and it was never going to be. More important I think will be most of the games in April, such as Burnley. These are the teams we'll be facing in the playoffs so it's that measure that matters.

Still feeling positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670