Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please please please, tell me someone else in the stadium witnessed the horrific performance and attitude from Schlupp in the 2nd half??

It staggers me how many of our fans don't appreciate what we have in Schlupp and dismiss and criticise him. Today, I witnessed a player that was getting around the pitch more than any other. Does anyone know where we get the stats on distance covered because I'd guess that Schlupp was probably at the top?

When Dyer was coming on, I was dearly hoping that it was for Mahrez rather than Schlupp because Schlupp was supporting the team so much better.

Granted, he is sloppy in possession at times and can appear to lope about rather than run. I put this down to the fact that he's quicker than most so can keep up with play more easily. He's quick, he's strong and he gets better all the time.

Generally, I think that he's still a young player learning his game but we're very lucky to have him. He's slowly but surely becoming a top class player capable of being effective in several positions.

It staggers me how many of our fans don't appreciate what we have in Schlupp and dismiss and criticise him. Today, I witnessed a player that was getting around the pitch more than any other. Does anyone know where we get the stats on distance covered because I'd guess that Schlupp was probably at the top?

When Dyer was coming on, I was dearly hoping that it was for Mahrez rather than Schlupp because Schlupp was supporting the team so much better.

Granted, he is sloppy in possession at times and can appear to lope about rather than run. I put this down to the fact that he's quicker than most so can keep up with play more easily. He's quick, he's strong and he gets better all the time.

Generally, I think that he's still a young player learning his game but we're very lucky to have him. He's slowly but surely becoming a top class player capable of being effective in several positions.
Agree with that and very happy Sir Alex didn't opt to keep him after his trial/loan at OT.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with both of you.

I'm not someone who needs to have a scapegoat, indeed a scapegoat for what?

Shclupp is integral to nothing, he's fast, well so was Linford Christie.

With all due respect MA, watching a possession focused coverage on ESPN or whatever it is over there offers no perspective of the overall shape or contribution of players off the ball.

I watched him closely with my own eyes 2nd half, he did't look interested and he certainly didn't cover more ground than anyone else, he was terrible, his attitude and body language stank and his pace isn't used properly as he doesn't have a clue what to do when he gets in a decent position.

Nope, he's poor, his pace is pulling the wool over your eyes chaps.

Shit! It's me and BN against the world (or at least Lako).

Another fantastic result. Kante is absolutely top drawer. He wins so much possession, his distribution is great and his ability to get around the pitch is incredible. Drinkwater has been transformed and if he continues in this form, he will be on the brink of the England squad. Fuchs is a top quality left back. His distribution and decision making are both first class. Vardy is just simply sensational. The fact that he has been played on the wing for England highlights just how incompetent the manager is.
What an unbelievable time to be a Leicester fan. I need to pinch myself.

Another fantastic result. Kante is absolutely top drawer. He wins so much possession, his distribution is great and his ability to get around the pitch is incredible. Drinkwater has been transformed and if he continues in this form, he will be on the brink of the England squad. Fuchs is a top quality left back. His distribution and decision making are both first class. Vardy is just simply sensational. The fact that he has been played on the wing for England highlights just how incompetent the manager is.
What an unbelievable time to be a Leicester fan. I need to pinch myself.

Indeed, I said to my old man that we are witnessing a great period for this club, it's difficult to take a step back a truly appreciate it when you are in the middle of it.

I am desperate beyond understanding to watch Leicester in Europe, I'm not getting carried away but I'm also not booking holidays ;)

Indeed, I said to my old man that we are witnessing a great period for this club, it's difficult to take a step back a truly appreciate it when you are in the middle of it.

I am desperate beyond understanding to watch Leicester in Europe, I'm not getting carried away but I'm also not booking holidays ;)
I thought you were watching Sopranos and drinking Whisky now.

If you unimaginative ****ers need to pinch yourselves now I dread to think how you'll cope when we're beating Barthelona 10-0 in Thspain.

Shit! It's me and BN against the world (or at least Lako).
Not true, I think Lako's Single Malt has blurred his post match analysis. No player even Schlupp can be a 100% effective all the time, there are bound to be 'off' days so why not give him a break ? Linford Christie was fast, but he ran on a track and he wasn't a footballer not a very fair comparison put the cork back in the bottle Lako.

We weren't as dynamic as usual going forward but we were so solid defensively. Kante, Drinkwater, Albrighton, and Schlupp deserve praise for that too.
Kante was very good again but Albrighton was hopeless. His pass stats must be about 50% for that game. Every forward ball bar one went to the opposition or out.

I thought you were watching Sopranos and drinking Whisky now.

Get badgered you swine, waiting for Mrs Lako to deliver my chicken and white wine pie before I can even think about commencing season 2 episode 5.

Whisky is just airing, I keep catching a loving whiff of sea air and butterscotch.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with both of you.

I'm not someone who needs to have a scapegoat, indeed a scapegoat for what?

Shclupp is integral to nothing, he's fast, well so was Linford Christie.

With all due respect MA, watching a possession focused coverage on ESPN or whatever it is over there offers no perspective of the overall shape or contribution of players off the ball.

I watched him closely with my own eyes 2nd half, he did't look interested and he certainly didn't cover more ground than anyone else, he was terrible, his attitude and body language stank and his pace isn't used properly as he doesn't have a clue what to do when he gets in a decent position.

Nope, he's poor, his pace is pulling the wool over your eyes chaps.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/95...ier-League-2015-2016-Leicester-Crystal-Palace

Had most shots, won more headers and played most key passes today. Completed most dribbles too.

I think Danny Simpson is also worth a mention. A good solid full-back. He has come in and made a very good impact.

Get badgered you swine, waiting for Mrs Lako to deliver my chicken and white wine pie before I can even think about commencing season 2 episode 5.

Whisky is just airing, I keep catching a loving whiff of sea air and butterscotch.
I love you too

I think Danny Simpson is also worth a mention. A good solid full-back. He has come in and made a very good impact.

He did defend well but didn't distribute too sensibly with a lot of chipped ball to Vardy against much taller opposition who always won that aerial battle so ended up givingaway a lot of possession.

I agree. Him and Fuchs coming in has really shored up the defence as they are both more defensively minded than Schlupp and RDL as our fullbacks. The constantly bombing forward of Schlupp and De Laet in the past meant that Morgan and Huth were left horrendously exposed.

I've been really impressed with Fuchs - he's very tidy on the ball.

Leicester Cty odds on winning the EPL have shortened to 1000-1 following todays win so best lock in soon.

I agree. Him and Fuchs coming in has really shored up the defence as they are both more defensively minded than Schlupp and RDL as our fullbacks. The constantly bombing forward of Schlupp and De Laet in the past meant that Morgan and Huth were left horrendously exposed.

I've been really impressed with Fuchs - he's very tidy on the ball.
His distribution is outstanding. Though his set piece delivery has been a little disappointing, though he took a beauty of a corner today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4674
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669