Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Oh and final point: Claudio will prove to be our most intelligent manager ever.

Indeed.

Mahrez was out of sorts when played in the middle during the first half but that together with all the extra passing around at the back meant that he set us up to stop Palace and more importantly, not concede.

It worked a treat.

The other thing I just loved was how Claudio started the loudest last five minutes wall of sound I have ever experienced at this ground. He really is a lovable bugger.

Volpone

Indeed.

... with all the extra passing around at the back meant that he set us up to stop Palace and more importantly, not concede.

It worked a treat.

That was the most noticeable thing watching the extended highlights on SKY, the way the back 4 looked really comfortable passing the ball back and forth until a midfielder became available or a long diagonal ball to the wings was an option. We are starting to look a very, very good team.

KLFox

I think we contained them well they tried to do the same to us and it was not a great entertaining game.

I think our moments were better than Palaces and it was a very good result.

Vardy's goal was a great bit of skill and I think he does not get the credit he deserves. It is a very good list of names that he has joined by scoring in 7 games in a row.

To see us fifth at this stage in the season with 19 points is unbelievable after last season being stuck at the bottom for the best part. I hoped Claudio would have a good impact on the team and I thought going to a back 4 and losing Cambiasso would hurt us a lot but Kante and Drinkwater have been immense, looking at the highlights Drinkwater's first thought when getting the ball is move forward quickly and look for a slide rule pass for the forwards. He is the best new signing this season.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Bet even Duzza is enjoying this run....just a little
Yes that's right, I've paid for my season ticket each year for God know how long to not enjoy seeing us win and riding high in the premier league. I definitely enjoyed the Levein era more. Definitely.

homer

Yes that's right, I've paid for my season ticket each year for God know how long to not enjoy seeing us win and riding high in the premier league. I definitely enjoyed the Levein era more. Definitely.

You're secretly seething inside during every awful minute though, aren't you? Complaining about every rotten point we get - all bitter and twisted with your Clownio Ranieri voodoo doll by your side

fitz

Suspected as much

Micky

Is anyone else baffled by the MOTD pundits who claimed the Zaha incident was a definite penalty?
I firmly believe that would have been waved away anywhere else on the pitch. In fact anywhere else on the pitch and Zaha wouldn't have gone down - that in itself shows how farcical the pundits comments were.

camberwell fox

Is anyone else baffled by the MOTD pundits who claimed the Zaha incident was a definite penalty?
I firmly believe that would have been waved away anywhere else on the pitch. In fact anywhere else on the pitch and Zaha wouldn't have gone down - that in itself shows how farcical the pundits comments were.

Agree with you Micky.

He pushed the ball between the two players and then dived through the gap. The only redeeming feature for him was the fact that Fuchs stuck out a leg.

The second 'handbags at dawn' was exactly that.

The third - hand ball couldn't be given in a million years, it was ball to hand and the ball was just pinging up high in the air.

They dived around like they had been shot.

fitz

The fact he was in flight before Fuchs stuck his leg out lost them the pen. Had he just attempted to get by and get fouled they'd have a pen I reckon.

homer

Take those blue-tinted specs off. The Zaha one looked like a pretty good shout for a penalty to me.

Ref didn't give it because he chose to then go on to dive like a great big girl's blouse.

The others were just daft

camberwell fox

Take those blue-tinted specs off. The Zaha one looked like a pretty good shout for a penalty to me.

Ref didn't give it because he chose to then go on to dive like a great big girl's blouse.

The others were just daft

In relation to Zaha I don't know what you mean Homer.

As I saw it he put the ball between the two players and then dived through the gap. Fuchs may have made contact with him but as I saw it he was already airborne, what have I missed?

homer

He pushed the ball neatly between two players and was prevented from getting through to take a shot by Fuchs lumping his whole leg right through him

The fact that he then swallow dived like a steaming great tart convinced the ref that he was just a diving twat. Serves him right. The diving twat

fitz

He pushed the ball neatly between two players and was prevented from getting through to take a shot by Fuchs lumping his whole leg right through him

The fact that he then swallow dived like a steaming great tart convinced the ref that he was just a diving twat. Serves him right. The diving twat

Looked to me like he was already going before the contact. It was a foul but his acting worked against him.

pork pie fox

This is exactly how I saw it. Had he not tried to make it look like he'd been taken out like someone stepping on a land mine, he would probably have got a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669