Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio Leicester playing the Theme from Magnificent Seven. :)

They could have played Earth Wind and Fire with Pizza Wonderland perhaps.

Love how after the congratulations type callers we then had them moaning about Danny Simpson and that we need a better right back. Some people are never satisfied.

Bit of handbags between our Claudio and Pardew?

Sounds like he was going to cry - Ranieri "didn't give the ball back" lol!! Apparently he goaded their players and didn't shake Pardews hand? Pardew said "they've got to come to our place and we have a long memory"

Great win. After all the talk of the Palace threat at set pieces and the height mismatch, I thought we dealt with it pretty well - prompted me to look up player stats on wikipedia. We must be one of the smallest squads in the league, and emphasizes the importance of Morgan, Huth and the extra height of Fuchs. A fit Ulloa will be key away from home when closing out matches. Surprised to see Drinkwater listed at 5'10", same as Vardy, Mahrez, Schlupp and James.

Dyer 5'5
Kante 5'7
Albrighton 5'9
Okazaki 5'9
Drinkwater 5'10
James 5'10
Schlupp 5'10
Vardy 5'10
Mahrez 5'10
Simpson 5'10
Kasper 6'1
Fuchs 6'1
Morgan 6'1
Ulloa 6'1
Huth 6'3

A very clever, disciplined performance, and we made them look very average.

Thought both Huth and Fuchs were outstanding, but in truth, they all were. Albrighton was a little bit wasteful at times, but it really is harsh to criticise anyone right now.

These are exceptional times, watching an exceptional collection of players

Kante just gets better each week, the way he pinches the ball off opponents (and some much bigger opponents at that) is absolutely fantastic. Not only that he's good on the ball, plays it simple and keeps things ticking over. He is one hell of a find from our scouting team.

Vardy well, 7 in a row probably secures his place on the left wing for the next friendly. Superb stuff.

Terrific across the whole team though, they dug in against a dangerous side and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

This is just one hell of a time to be a Leicester City fan, it is simply fantastic right now and yet again Leicester have made my weekend.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

I love watching Kante play. He's the sort of player that makes a team better. Happy, happy days.

What a terrific piece of management from Ranieri today. He got it tactically spot on. We held onto the ball better and more patiently and waited for the openings to come rather than trying to force the game and get caught on the break. This was necessary against Palace as the way to beat them is to stop their threats.

I thought we looked like a top flight team that can manage an opponent today for the first time since O'Neill's days. Outstanding stuff and a thoroughly deserved result.

Fuchs and Simpson make us more solid and both did well today. Drinkwater was commanding and I loved the positional variations we made in the forward line. All different types of player, moving about and causing Palace a lot of problems.

We have the same number of points as we did on 3rd April last season. We're certainly not a relegation candidate now and this means we can truly enjoy our season.

Something very weird is happening. I bloody love it.

It was shocking. I very rarely complain about that but he was one of the worst I've ever heard.
I lost count of the number of times that I shouted "Stop talking like a ****!" at my laptop

Please please please, tell me someone else in the stadium witnessed the horrific performance and attitude from Schlupp in the 2nd half??

Now I'm not his biggest fan but ****ing hell, outrageously inept defensively, in effort, in attitude, in body language, in everything. When Mahrez went off he put his hands on his head as though he was gutted he wasn't going off.

Granted I may have seen more than others as I focused on it after a while to make sure I wasn't being unfair.

He was basically shitting all over the effort of his colleagues and I'm surprised Fuchs didn't throttle him for just letting his man swan around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The result itself was nothing short of superb, a thoroughly Italian performance that will have delighted our own Italian magician.

Kante was utterly beautiful, this man is integral to our clean sheet today.

Albrighton worked his socks off but lacked quality and put in a few bad balls, can't blame him thought as he was battling hard.

Mahrez was totally anonymous in the 1st half, he had no ball and did a good job of marking himself out of the game.

Defence was very good, always put their bodies on the line when needed. Fuchs is very smart, he has a similar reading of the game and knack of knowing what is going o around him to Cambiasso, but in a defensive sense.

Palace were quite poor and only showed glimpses of what they are capable of.

Jamie ****ing Vardy, I celebrated that hard for the lad a little bit of shit came out, well done mate.

It's results like today that show Leicesters league position isn't a fluke. Palace are a decent team and were not easy to break down, although putting high balls up to Vardy when he's being marked by Dann/Hangeland didn't help.

This humble pie I'm eating tastes pretty good, Drinkwater now looks like he belongs in the Premier league, how much did he cost?

I can't quite work out though what Okazaki adds to the team, he just seems to run around and fall over a lot.

Please please please, tell me someone else in the stadium witnessed the horrific performance and attitude from Schlupp in the 2nd half??

Now I'm not his biggest fan but ****ing hell, outrageously inept defensively, in effort, in attitude, in body language, in everything. When Mahrez went off he put his hands on his head as though he was gutted he wasn't going off.

Granted I may have seen more than others as I focused on it after a while to make sure I wasn't being unfair.

He was basically shitting all over the effort of his colleagues and I'm surprised Fuchs didn't throttle him for just letting his man swan around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lako my old China what in the blue **** are you on about? I think you have a cross to bear here. I've never seen you give Schlupp any credit at all. I'll look it up but I guarantee you he covered more ground than most on the pitch and that's with ten stitches in his head.
He didn't have a brilliant day today but certainly put a shift in. The free kick he won in the corner was a big moment and helped break up play for us.

He's a big piece of the puzzle for us and I'm afraid you are going to have to come to terms with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566