Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester United 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, the magical 40 keeps being talked about. Am I alone in thinking Newcastle and ABC aren't going to get near that? Villa will be lucky to make double figures. Safe in November I reckon

No chance you need 40 this year. Villa are ****ed, Newcastle too. Wouldn't surprise me if we already had enough points.

We're competing for Europe now.

wonderully taken goal from Vardy in the first half - don't know what happened to us in the second half - we just never got going
Agree with other posters - slightly deflated that we couldn't hang on to the top spot - perhaps when we play Man City it might be first vs second again!

What happened was that the legendary Man Utd resorted to unadventurous keep ball to nullify OUR threat.Which alone is enough to make my heart sing.If a team of toothless spoilers like that is challenging for the title we don't have much to fear.Arsenal turned over at the Hawthorns last week...City held by the God awful Villa before the break...piss poor league.

What happened was that the legendary Man Utd resorted to unadventurous keep ball to nullify OUR threat.Which alone is enough to make my heart sing.If a team of toothless spoilers like that is challenging for the title we don't have much to fear.Arsenal turned over at the Hawthorns last week...City held by the God awful Villa before the break...piss poor league.

Exactly. They're shit. Negative and boring and Rooney looks a stone overweight.

Can't believe they have nearly as many points as us.

I'll take that today. A technically smart performance from us, looking to get men behind the ball and break with pace. Most of our players weren't at their best today so a draw was fair. Man Utd intelligently tried to stretch us and showed us the respect of changing their formation and approach but they're so pedestrian that we were only threatened from set pieces. I said to the guy next to me early on that I couldn't believe that we had Okazaki marking one of their main aerial threats. If they were any good, they'd have punished us more than they did. Thankfully, they were largely shite.

Special mentions for Albrighton and Mahrez who I thought were both superb.

I didn't think Vardy looked fully fit, He wasn't as mobile or involved in the game as usual but was clinical when it counted. I'm absolutely thrilled for him. For those that were there, I hope that record stands for many years and is one we can tell stories to our grandkids about.

I know I've been a little bullish about the security arrangements today. I dutifully got to the ground earlier than usual to have some suicide bomber detector waved around my arse that I'm fairly sure didn't have any batteries in it. The added security of closing the gates during the game led to potentially serious congestion afterwards as the clueless officials failed to open the gates after the match so loads of fans were having to squeeze through turnstiles and a crush almost developed.

It was sobering for me to realise that idiotic security measures designed to protect me from ISIS are actually more dangerous for my wellbeing than ISIS themselves.

Last edited:
I'll take that today. A technically smart performance from us, looking to get men behind the ball and break with pace. Most of our players weren't at their best today so a draw was fair. Man Utd intelligently tried to stretch us and showed us the respect of changing their formation and approach but they're so pedestrian that we were only threatened from set pieces. I said to the guy next to me early on that I couldn't believe that we had Okazaki marking one of their main aerial threats. If they were any good, they'd have punished us more than they did. Thankfully, they were largely shite.

I didn't think Vardy looked fully fit, He wasn't as mobile or involved in the game as usual but was clinical when it counted. I'm absolutely thrilled for him. For those that were there, I hope that record stands for many years and is one we can tell stories to our grandkids about.

I know I've been a little bullish about the security arrangements today. I dutifully got to the ground earlier than usual to have some suicide bomber detector waved around my arse that I'm fairly sure didn't have any batteries in it. The added security of closing the gates during the game led to potentially serious congestion afterwards as the clueless officials failed to open the gates after the match so loads of fans were having to squeeze through turnstiles and a crush almost developed.

It was sobering for me to realise that idiotic security measures are actually more dangerous for my wellbeing than ISIS.

I got there early and saw no additional security at all. I was a bit annoyed by that, mainly because I was an idiot and didn't wear a coat so was bloody cold.

I didn't think there should have been extra security measures anyway; I don't feel frightened of football matches and where I sit is a happy mix of races, a significant number of which are Muslim. Just like the city. Draconian measures upon getting to the ground are only going to make people feel there's something to worry about and, potentially, breed suspicion where it doesn't need to be.

But if they're going to ask me to get to the game early and waste some of my limited leisure time they could at least ****ing well do something when I do as they request.

It was sobering for me to realise that idiotic security measures designed to protect me from ISIS are actually more dangerous for my wellbeing than ISIS themselves.
You're not sure if you had batteries up your arse or not???

Shit game against a dreadfully dull, shit team. What a tragic pile of toss they are, shaming the Manchester United name. None worse than Rooney, who is a complete embarrassment.

For us, Kante, Mahrez, Fuchs and Albrighton were superb. Really, really top notch, the lot of them

Okazaki was poor, and his replacement was even worse. We need investment here in January.

Schmeichel's fault for the goal. He really is complete pish at times

As for Vardy, it truly is wonderful to see a player of that ilk in a Leicester side. Gotta love the bloke, haven't you?

Feck off back to your norvern shithole, red scum wankers. You used to be good. Now you are shit

A decent point but I thought we were a little nervous and as a result slightly cautious in our approach. I wanted us to impose ourselves on them a little more.
For the last 10 minutes I was shitting my pants. I didn't really need to as United were quite toothless.
Pick of the players for me were Kante, Fuchs and Drinkwater.

Finally, congratulations Jamie Vardy and thank you for taking me on this magical journey. Truly memorable.

Would have taken that before the game and unbelievable scenes when Vardy scored!!

Soft goal to give away but the delivery really was first class and they had looked dangerous from corners before.

Shame Ulloa couldn't win it for us and think Vardy should have been selfish at the end instead of trying to find Ulloa but still an absolutely fantastic achievement to be joint top after 14 games!

To have been there to witness Vardy making history, is a moment I will cherish for the rest of my life.

The atmosphere for the 5 minutes after he scored was simply awesome.

I thought Fuchs was outstanding today but he was helped by having Albrighton in front of him where Simpson has Mahrez in front of him and the latter sometimes doesn't track back quickly enough. United seemed aware of this and tried to exploit it but to be fair they still didn't threaten much from that side.

Lee Dixon (who I think is one of the better pundits) was talking after the game and he said that it was a more satisfying result for Leicester than United in that they will get more belief from it and will prove to themselves and others that they are a team to really be taken seriously. He thought that despite not having much possession they prevented United from creating anything and always looked dangerous themselves.

My thoughts are that United have a very good defence, the best goalkeeper in the Premier League and bugger all else, they really are shocking to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566