Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester United 2 (community shield)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest problem is we dont have the same ability to recover the ball easily if we have king or mendy rather than Kante.
That means we will need to keep more possessio if we are going to avoid giving away more goals than last year.
This will mean either a third midfielder (King), a more defensively sound winger (Albrighton) or Okazaki/Ulloa instead of Musa might need to play.
If we play a front four of Gray Musa Mahrez Vardy then we are going to be very open i think.
We'll turn over a lot of teams but will more easily picked off by the big sides.

Would like to see Keane and Slimani in if im honest given how many more games we'll have this season.
And if we have any irons in the fire for midfielders then i think every effort should be made to get the business done.

Do the yellow cards counts going forwards?

No. In carrying out their duty to help the big clubs, the FA changed the rules about 5 or 6 years ago. I think it was Rooney and Scholes who were sent off in some pre-season competition abroad and had to serve a three-game ban at the start of the season. Since then cards shown in pre-season non-competitive games have not resulted in suspensions at the start of the season and yellows have not been carried forward.

The 'totting-up' rule begins with the words, "If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM (First Team Competitive Matches) between the opening day of the Playing Season and...", so Simpson, King and Vardy start the season without a blemish on their record.

Last edited:
A good day out and fulfilled two out of three ambitions for the day. The first seeing City at Wembley, the second seeing us score.

First half we weren't great but still created a few good chances and then gifted a goal to Lingard through some god awful defending, I'd say it was Sunday league stuff but that's probably disrespectful to Sunday league sides.

I thought Ranieri made the right changes at half time, Albrighton was poor, Okazaki was ok but I think Musa is a much better player already and Shinji will be watching from the start for most games. How Simpson stayed on though I don't know, he was terrible.

Second half started much brighter, better closing down and created a few opportunities and scored a good goal. Then went a bit flat again before the otherwise invisible Swede scored.

Gray was superb, as was Fuchs, Drinky was good too. Mahrez and Morgan were average. Vardy looked sharp considering the lack of a pre-season and took his goal well. I like Hernandez, I thought he did well against Barca and thought he did well again today.

Given pre-season and today I'd like to see Hernandez, Gray and Musa in for Simpson, Albrighton and Okazaki for Hull next weekend. Can't see it being long before Mendy forces out Kingy too, bring on the new PL season.

We thought it was the end of civilisation as we know it when Cambiasso left, but we adapted.

We do need the human equivalent of a Rottweiler in the middle of the park though.

We need to be fitter so we can press more.

Then the midfield do not have to chase as much.

Vardy, Gray, Mahrez and Musa running at defences looks well scary!

Never like to see us lose, but today there were positives.. Musa and Gray are these..

Wow,some people really need to take a big step back.
It was an exercise towards getting players matchfit for next weeks game .
There was no points at stake today,

Wow,some people really need to take a big step back.
It was an exercise towards getting players matchfit for next weeks game .
There was no points at stake today,

Not according to Jesse Lingard, who said after the game that the most important thing today was that they got the 3 points...

New Wembley is shit

One way system in the gents didn't work very well and the one solitary hand dryer was placed well away from the sinks and you had to go back past others coming out to get to it! (The loo's outside the ground were better and all grounds should have those.)

Getting away from the car park afterwards is still as farcical as it ever was. Two ****ing hours and not helped by a lack of stewarding and selfish twats driving where they wanted to try and get away.

Oh, and a special mention for a complete pair of ****tards at the front of block 515/516 who insisted on standing. They were in row 1 and 2 and caused those behind to have to stand in a chain reaction. They were implored to sit down by others and refused. Eventually the stewards ejected the one in row 2 but completely ignored the arrogant **** in row 1 who sat down when he saw the stewards finally were going to take action. There were also three or four further along who also stood and finally were encouraged to sit before the stewards got there. Selfish ****ing ****s the lot of them.

One way system in the gents didn't work very well and the one solitary hand dryer was placed well away from the sinks and you had to go back past others coming out to get to it! (The loo's outside the ground were better and all grounds should have those.)

Getting away from the car park afterwards is still as farcical as it ever was. Two ****ing hours and not helped by a lack of stewarding and selfish twats driving where they wanted to try and get away.

Oh, and a special mention for a complete pair of ****tards at the front of block 515/516 who insisted on standing. They were in row 1 and 2 and caused those behind to have to stand in a chain reaction. They were implored to sit down by others and refused. Eventually the stewards ejected the one in row 2 but completely ignored the arrogant **** in row 1 who sat down when he saw the stewards finally were going to take action. There were also three or four further along who also stood and finally were encouraged to sit before the stewards got there. Selfish ****ing ****s the lot of them.

The above quote is available on souvenir t-shirts, as a commemorative framed print or in the celebratory book "Spion's Little Rays of Sunshine".

I didn't realise that I suffered from vertigo until yesterday. I won't be sitting that high up next time we go there.

I thought Zlatan was excellent. His positioning is an education to watch and his passing is so good. He should have scored just before he did but mis-cued. With a better midfield, they'll be a very strong side.

We did well enough in the circumstances. A big pitch in a demanding pre-season in the heat is about as tough a challenge to our natural game as there is. We competed throughout and were unlucky not to take it to penalties.

I do feel that we should add further players to the group though, especially defensively. We're too reliant on the same few being unbelievable again.

Now for the real stuff. We begin with three winnable games against teams we should be putting away. Unless Arsenal sign a striker and central defender before we play them, they're looking vulnerable. Hull and Swansea should be easy pickings. If we start strong and collect some early wins, this could well be another memorable season.

Wembley gave Man of the Match to Eric Bailly. Interesting.

Anyone else slightly pissed off that the main song before the national anthem was "Glory, Glory Man Utd"? I don't remember hearing "When you're smiling"...

Anyone else slightly pissed off that the main song before the national anthem was "Glory, Glory Man Utd"? I don't remember hearing "When you're smiling"...

They played a Kasabian song for our bit

I thought Zlatan was excellent. His positioning is an education to watch and his passing is so good. He should have scored just before he did but mis-cued. With a better midfield, they'll be a very strong side.
I was listening to a debate about him on the radio and one of the pundits said something like "he doesn't move a lot, he only ever plays in a 10 yard area, but it's always the right 10 yards".

To be fair I thought Bailly was excellent for the majority of the game, he started to give away a few daft fouls second half but looks a good buy.

I didn't realise that I suffered from vertigo until yesterday. I won't be sitting that high up next time we go there.

We did well enough in the circumstances. A big pitch in a demanding pre-season in the heat is about as tough a challenge to our natural game as there is. We competed throughout and were unlucky not to take it to penalties.

I do feel that we should add further players to the group though, especially defensively. We're too reliant on the same few being unbelievable again.

I too was up in the Gods, almost a case of the screaming habdabs going up the escalators. The luminous boots helped with identification.

I was wondering for the first 85 minutes if Ibrahimovic had turned up. Then he confirmed it, though looked a bit offside.

Neither team seemed to be putting in anything like 100%, Musa and Grey caught the eye going forward, though having Schlupp and Grey defending the left side isn't a good idea.

It's going to be different this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570