Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester United 2 (community shield)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame, Musa had a chance before we fell behind again.

Wasn't a great game. Looking forward to next week

After today's performance I am excited about a Musa & Vardy partnership. With Gray and/or Kaputska on the left I think we will be a very exciting team to watch.

Morgan had a poor game. I hope he can recapture the form of last season but that may be a struggle. I'd like to see one more defender signed before the end of August. Hernandez's long-throws could be a very useful weapon.

I love Andy King but I hope Mendy is given the nod next week. Didn't see enough of him to make a judgement but I'd like to see him involved from the start sooner rather than later.

Was impressed with Okazaki. I don't think we need any more attacking signings.

Defensively I think a round of pizzas is in order! We are letting a few errors creep in as we just switch off from time to time at the back. Today it was pretty even though I'm disappointed we didn't create a bit more. I hope Kapustka can add that but even if not I think Demarai Gray deserves a go this year in Albrighton's position. He's tricky, can finish and can offer a bit of creativity. Definately think Musa/Vardy is the way forward if they can form an understanding. Adding so many new faces is bound to require time to adjust. Shame we couldn't win today but there are positives to take into the new season.

Reasons to be cheerful:
1) Vardy scores
2) Musa looks a threat
3) Gray looks a real prospect

Song now firmly in my head :020:

New Wembley is shit
Man United look completely shit
We didn't bother turning up

Worraloadabollocks

I thought we did OK, we dominated at times but didn't look hugely incisive. The biggest worry is the defence, the goals we are conceding are similar in that we are consistently being caught out in the box.

Thought Drinkwater was superb in the middle but we missed Kante winning possession.

Gray should definitely start ahead of Albrighton on today's showing.

Vardy and Musa together looked awesome for the first 20 mins of second half.

BBC has given MOTM to Ibrahimovic. Typical. I was desperately trying to avoid telling the person next to me that he'd barely touched the balls (as far as I could see from the heavens) for fear of jinxing us. But he scored anyway.

I thought we did well for the most part. Defensively we were poor for Lingard's goal. We managed to stop the supply to Zlatan for most of the game but give him one chance and he'll score. That will happen all season - he bullied Morgan out the way for that header and there's much weaker defenders out there than Big Wes!

Gray looked awesome. Such an exciting player. Like what I'm seeing of Musa so far a LOT too - so exciting! If we play with that second half front four there is so much pace and creativity.

But we need to cover the defensive side... Mendy looked better at that in the second half than King but I do worry about that Kante shaped hole. Id rather Gray playing than Albrighton but Albrighton does more defensively so he's needed while the new midfield/defence finds their way without Kante.

Overall though, I think we looke the more likely to score throughout. Zlatan did what he does, scored his one chance, but I thought we shaded the game on performance. I'm happy enough and positive for the season ahead!

I think Morgan and Huth are massively missing Kante in front of them. I'd like to see another centre back come in, as well as another right back. We don't have any natural cover apart from De Laet who's on the way out. I thought Simpson was abysmal today.

I thought Fuchs was our best player.

Well I quite enjoyed the game, bloody hot 'tho. I think we all have to remember it was a glorified friendly, having said that Vardy looked quite sharp and I think Gray could be a bit of a star for us this season. Hull will be a proper test as it's a game that means something, and no signings or no manager they will to be up for it.

Hernandez looked really good. Once he gets up to speed he will be really good.

And what a throw, that you can send Huth up into the box for it like a free kick or a corner!

Definitely agree Fuchs was our best player. And then we conceded down our left as soon as he went off oof.

I enjoyed it though. I thought we played well and created the better chances, just fluffed our lines a couple of times. Mahrez, Morgan and Albrighton looked rusty but I'm sure they'll get into flow when the season starts.

Optimistic about the season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469