Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anyone cares, I worked from home on Friday so the usual journey home of 40 minutes was reduced to zero minutes.

I work in London, but always work from home on Fridays. I didn't realise how bad it was until I was told people in the office were being sent home at lunch time!

I concerned about the lake of tears, cried for a missed match, when it freezes over. Journey times will border on the infinite.

I am a STH on holiday in Brisbane. It would have took me about 24 hours just to get to Heathrow, but I decided not to bother cos of the snow around the King Power and I've only got flip flops. Had to watch it on Setanta with a beer. 35 degrees here.

Without wanting to belittle anyone's efforts in what sounded like horrendous conditions, we are talking about the snow storm that, three days before the game, from my position more than 5,000 miles away, I knew was coming to Leicester.

I drove a minibus full of American tourists through a few inches of snow today at over 6,000 feet in the Chiricahua mountains. I knew it would be there, we all took the necessary precautions, and it worked out just fine.

For me everyone has their own personal choice to make, the fact the Football club even provided a choice is commendable. It is not in football club's interest to call games off for the sake of it. Depending on your circumstances, you had a choice to make and if you were not comfortable with travelling, then you did the right thing. Those of us fortunate to walk to the ground, could be there. I personally seen the forecast and left the car at home for work.

This whole argument is actually detracting from probably the best game I've seen in this division all season. Both sides of a similar quality but with the best of their qualities in different areas of the pitch. Add to that very dramatic incidents of whether the game would be on at all, woodwork hit tons of times, an idiotic tackle from Vardy leading to an amazing penalty save. To top it off, it was probably the best atmosphere all season too. Also tactical battle with about five formations on show across the 90 minutes.

Also Wes was a man mountain. In Wood, we have an old-fashioned no.9 (any notice Boro's Barca-esque false 9?) whose type are dying out. Alongside Nugent, the strikeforce is the envy of the league.

Going back to the game. Did anyone else think that whilst Vardy was stupid to dive in, the Boro play dived? From watching the reply the Boro player saw the outstretched leg and decided to just go over. There was minimal contact, but due to the way Vardy did jump in I can see why it was given

Going back to the game. Did anyone else think that whilst Vardy was stupid to dive in, the Boro play dived? From watching the reply the Boro player saw the outstretched leg and decided to just go over. There was minimal contact, but due to the way Vardy did jump in I can see why it was given

Agree with the above. The ref was bound to give it, from his angle it was 100% a penalty. The boro player ought to be dealt with by the league after the match for a blatant dive, i'm not even sure that Vardys rubbish tackle managed to make contact!

Looked a stonewaller to me both at the game and then watching a replay.

Vardy seemed to wrap his legs around Williams' and brought him down with a classic forward slide tackle. I think given the lack of protests shows how clear a penalty it was.

Looked like a scissor tackle to me, both live and on the replay, stonewall penalty if I was ref.

It was a naive attempt at a tackle from Vardy.
Vardy left his leg there, the Boro bloke took the invitation and put his leg against Vardy's leg making it look like he'd been fouled, then went down.
Penalty given 9/10, but in fact it should be a yellow card for diving. IMO ;)

I level the same critism at Vardy as I did at Whitbread early in the season. If you go to ground in the box you make the referee need to make a decision. Stay on your feet FFS.

He wasn't even going anywhere either. It was a horrendous decision from Vardy and all we can do now is hope that he learns his lesson from it. I'm sure he's already had both barrels from elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566