Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that I follow Mr David. You didn't get value for money because you didn't go? Is that what you're saying? Surely you knew the weather conditions? It's up to you to make your own arrangements if you want to attend

He and many others could not get there. It took my wife three hours to get 5 miles out of the city. The gridlock meant you would have had to be able to be within 500 yards of the ground by 5pm. For anybody living outside the city it was almost impossible to get in unless you could leave at lunchtime.

He and many others could not get there. It took my wife three hours to get 5 miles out of the city. The gridlock meant you would have had to be able to be within 500 yards of the ground by 5pm. For anybody living outside the city it was almost impossible to get in unless you could leave at lunchtime.

Yes, we know all of that. Was there a point you were making?

The point I take away is that some people's anger/frustration brought on by the weather is being unfairly directed at the football club.

Yes. Because it was nearly impossible for people outside of the city to get in, that is a game they have paid for that they have lost. Am I going to get a refund/free cup match because the club went ahead with the game even though so few could get there? Does anybody believe the match would have gone ahead if it had not been on Sky?

Yes. Because it was nearly impossible for people outside of the city to get in, that is a game they have paid for that they have lost. Am I going to get a refund/free cup match because the club went ahead with the game even though so few could get there? Does anybody believe the match would have gone ahead if it had not been on Sky?

Should the club refund everyone who didn't attend? Even those who couldn't because of last minute plan changes elsewhere? What about those that live close enough to walk but didn't fancy the cold? Will that carry over to future games?

The notion that you should be entitled to a refund because of the weather is just absurd. The decision on whether or not the match should go ahead lies with the referee and/or the police. The club have done absolutely nothing wrong and don't deserve criticism.

Only my opinion but I think there is an important distinction between season ticket holders and those who bought tickets to be collected from the kiosk on the night. As one of the latter, having spent £40, it would be much appreciated if the club were to offer replacement tickets for a future home game.

Only my opinion but I think there is an important distinction between season ticket holders and those who bought tickets to be collected from the kiosk on the night. As one of the latter, having spent £40, it would be much appreciated if the club were to offer replacement tickets for a future home game.

Why? What have they done wrong?

Ours would have been the only cancelled game in the championship if it had been. So yes i believe it would.

At 4:30 on Friday afternoon I rang the ticket office to explain it wasn't possible to get to the ground given the conditions where I live. I was refused a refund. That's not right.

Did you buy insurance with your ticket?

At 4:30 on Friday afternoon I rang the ticket office to explain it wasn't possible to get to the ground given the conditions where I live. I was refused a refund. That's not right.

Who's to say you were telling the truth? Also, is it their fault you can't get to the game? I was on your side to begin with, but thinking about it, it's a ridiculous argument to make.

That's where being a season ticket holder has its advantages. As I wasn't able to get to the game on Friday I'm now entitled to a free ticket to another game. I can either sell this on or take a mate for free. Happy days.

Perhaps, given the fact that heavy snowfall had been forecast all week, you would have been better to have waited to see how bad the weather was going to be and bought your ticket on the night, before committing yourself to a game that you may or may not have been able to attend.

Last edited:
That's where being a season ticket holder has its advantages. As I wasn't able to get to the game on Friday I'm now entitled to a free ticket to another game. I can either sell this on or take a mate for free. Happy days.

I doubt you can sell it under the terms of our season ticket.

Last edited:
Perhaps, given the fact that heavy snowfall had been forecast all week, you would have been better to have waited to see how bad the weather was going to be and bought your ticket on the night, before commiting yourself to a game that you may or may not have been able to attend.

Not to mention those who wouldn't have been able to make the rearranged fixture.

I count you can sell it under the terms of our season ticket.

I assume you mean doubt and I take your point, but who's to know if my mate has given me a tenner for it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669