Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where being a season ticket holder has its advantages. As I wasn't able to get to the game on Friday I'm now entitled to a free ticket to another game. I can either sell this on or take a mate for free. Happy days.

Has this been pre-arranged? If so I'm sure you would have had to nominate your game for the replacement ticket. (Your post doesn't seem to suggest this has happened)..... You might be in for a surprise.

Has this been pre-arranged? If so I'm sure you would have had to nominate your game for the replacement ticket. (Your post doesn't seem to suggest this has happened)..... You might be in for a surprise.

I'm not sure how it works, and have no friends to utilise the system anyway, but I was told when I phoned the office upon not attending the Cardiff game that I could contact them near the game I wanted. However, they are prone to misinformation.

I'm not sure how it works, and have no friends to utilise the system anyway, but I was told when I phoned the office upon not attending the Cardiff game that I could contact them near the game I wanted. However, they are prone to misinformation.

I'm not a STH this season but my Dad is. He knew well in advance of the weather he was unable to attend the Boro game. He contacted the ticket office to arrange a spare ticket for a future game and was told he had to nominate his game there and then.

It wouldn't surprise me though that the rules would change depending who picked up the phone or who served you if you went in.

I'm not a STH this season but my Dad is. He knew well in advance of the weather he was unable to attend the Boro game. He contacted the ticket office to arrange a spare ticket for a future game and was told he had to nominate his game there and then.

It wouldn't surprise me though that the rules would change depending who picked up the phone or who served you if you went in.

A friend of mine was unable to attend the derby game at the last minute. He was able to seat exchange for the Boro game. This was about a month after the game. No prearrangement required.

As you say, these are the official rules, but would guess it depends who you speak to and when.

I think they meant Babycham. :icon_roll

They? *I* meant Cherry B. And don't roll your eyes at me.

I take back that nice comment about you I made in another thread Steven :beer:

I get the impression that the rules are the same for everyone but, depending on how bothered the person you are talking to is feeling, your answer may vary.

The gridlock meant you would have had to be able to be within 500 yards of the ground by 5pm.

Not quite!

I left at 5:45pm via the A6 through Oadby and it took me 1 hour and 5 minutes to get to a side road near the Grimsby Fisheries chippy. Left the car there and a 20 minute walk later was at the ground in plenty of time even without the delayed kick-off.

I had it easier than most, but still not as good as some. On the radio on the journey in I heard a caller from Hinckley state it had only taken them 20 minutes to reach Fosse Road!

Just in case anyone cares, I worked from home on Friday so the usual journey home of 40 minutes was reduced to zero minutes.

Not quite!

I left at 5:45pm via the A6 through Oadby and it took me 1 hour and 5 minutes to get to a side road near the Grimsby Fisheries chippy. Left the car there and a 20 minute walk later was at the ground in plenty of time even without the delayed kick-off.

I had it easier than most, but still not as good as some. On the radio on the journey in I heard a caller from Hinckley state it had only taken them 20 minutes to reach Fosse Road!

My sister works at e-on next to the ground. She left work at 4pm and didnt get home until 7.30pm and lives just off Fosse Road near the tesco garage.... all because morons were blocking junctions and creating gridlock. If people had been more sensible I am sure the traffic would not have been half as bad as it was.

Just in case anyone cares, I worked from home on Friday so the usual journey home of 40 minutes was reduced to zero minutes.

:038: Thanks for sharing!

I went into work and it took me about an hour and a half to do the 15 mile journey home. I don't think that was too bad considering the weather, traffic, and that I stopped twice to help people who were stuck.
Still going to try and stay home tomorrow though!

Last edited:
:038: Thanks for sharing!

I went into work and it took me about an hour and a half to do the 15 mile journey home. I don't think that was too bad considering the weather, traffic, and that I stopped twice to help people who were stuck.
Still going to try and stay home tomorrow though!

I've already had the joyous news to work from home tomorrow :038:

I've already had the joyous news to work from home tomorrow :038:

I always work from home unless visiting customers, saves s lot of commuting time as our offices are in south west Germany.

.... all because morons were blocking junctions and creating gridlock. If people had been more sensible I am sure the traffic would not have been half as bad as it was.

They shouldn't be in procession of a driving license :icon_wink

(That's especially for Boc, er, Broc :icon_bigg)

I've had this conversation with the club in the past, given that I live 50 miles away and that I often don't know that I can/can't attend until the last minute, I've never had to nominate a game in adavance and have been able to "save up" my missed games and get a spare ticket when I've wanted one.

I've had this conversation with the club in the past, given that I live 50 miles away and that I often don't know that I can/can't attend until the last minute, I've never had to nominate a game in adavance and have been able to "save up" my missed games and get a spare ticket when I've wanted one.

if i remember rightly you are now only allowed to use this twice a season

its obvious that everybody's experience of trying to get to Friday night's game differs. As i said in an earlier post i walked in and wished i hadn't as the roads into the ground were clear of traffic. My mate who i go with left home in Broughton Astley at 6.15pm, having taken over 3hours to get back from Milton Keynes. He was in the Symphony rooms by 7.15pm not much longer that it would normally take for a night match.

We spoke to others who had driven in from Ibstock, Quorn and Hinckley who all said when they got on the main roads it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566