Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I admire your honesty but I have to say I violently disagree with your politics

:icon_bigg

I used to read and contribute to a usenet group devoted to Freeware some time back. one of the contributors coded a new file explorer type program and announced it was to be called P4DO - apparently the initials and the number 4 were from his description. He couldn't understand the criticism he got for choosing that name!

I was commenting on your statement in post 92. Post 101 hadn't crossed my consciousness at that time! I am not a Time Lord.

It is your reply mentioning a later post than the one that was being commented on that is absurd.
Can we call a truce or settle this with a snowball fight please ?

Why is everyone so angry on here at the moment? Its really taking the fun away from the site.

In no particular order, it's the fault of:

Snow
Sky
The club
****y animals everywhere
The free pies
Babylon's 253 hour bus journey
Jimmy Saville
City Faithful's soiled underwear
More snow
Celebrity Big Brother
The police
The match officials
Ted Rogers
Dusty Bin

Yeah, well done Miles Away for starting those off. The bits where people are bickering I just gloss over...........so that's about 50% of the posts on here at the moment.

Cheers. We don't do enough of the "remember when" stuff around here.

I understand people having a moan about this incident too though, whenever you have people calling others "soft" and questioning how serious a fan they are it'll get backs up. If I were still in Leicester I would have had to have got to the ground from Lutterworth, which sounds like it would have been nigh on impossible.

On the other hand, the pitch looked in excellent nick so I see that side too. Just don't agree with the tone of Redditch (nothing new there) and one or two others personally.

Last edited:
The football? We were good. Boro are a good side. They miss a cutting edge, but play solid possession football. If they had Bellamy they'd be every bit as good as Cardiff.

We are a joy to watch at the minute. We have so many game changing type players that we can get results without everyone playing well. Haven't seen that in years.

Last edited:
Can we call a truce or settle this with a snowball fight please ?

I haven't got a problem with Redditch, I just think the view that he expressed in post 92 was wrong.

Can we do it with Cherry B's rather than Snowballs? So much more civilised :icon_wink

There are always going to be exceptions to this statement as there are to the equally valid "what's good for the fans is good for the club". The lifeblood of the club is the little kiddie being taken to a match by his dad (and nowadays often by his mum).

I realise that this is not true for everyone but for me there is no point in being a supporter if you don't go to matches.

Back to the football. Having finally got to see some of the match on the Football League show Knockaert was very unlucky. My first thought when his shot bounced near the goal line was that it was in. The replay showed it was out. All credit to the referee who saw it in real time and got the decision right.

I Do understand your point, but this is a very rare occurance. If it was common i would expect different decisions to be made. As it is i think our chances of promotion are a little better having avoided the fixture congestion that would have resulted if the came were re-arranged, and for that i am pleased.

Also worth noting that the club could not have cancelled the game, the ref makes the decision. Middlesborough had got there so our only option was play or forfeit. Right decision was made.

We could have not worked to get the game on but we have a commitment to the football league to make every effort, and i expect there would be sanctions if we didn't. With undersoil heating there is no justification for the pitch to be unplayable.

No. We've had no snow since last year here in the sunny north.

Well if you were a real fan you'd live within 5 miles of the stadium so you could walk to the match. And it is snowing here.

I haven't got a problem with Redditch, I just think the view that he expressed in post 92 was wrong.

Can we do it with Cherry B's rather than Snowballs? So much more civilised :icon_wink
do Cherry Bs still exist? And no you can't cheat by choosing alternative weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669