Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We walked too and from the stadium last night getting home around 11:15 the point is that 10,000 to 12,000 people with tickets were not able or willing to get to the game (attendance was around 8,500). The ground and areas around it were ok and the match was obviously a positive.

Present company excepted - peope are very soft these days. Any able person under say 50 could have got to the ground if they chose providing they lived within a 5 miles radius. Instead of course they chose to watch it in the warm on Sky - and we need to factor in that these days more supporters live further afield in the county or further afield still.

The easy thing last night would have been to call it off using the state namby pambies like the police and local authority as a 'health and safety' cop out. However LCFC did the right thing. The pitch was fit and the match was played - simple! Middlesborough should have taken measures to have got to the ground in good time - in the predicted circimstances. They were lucky that City didn't claim the match by default.

Only off performance tonight was Konch really, got skinned a lot and made to look a bit of a fool.

Marshall was far far worse than Konchesky who I thought didn't do too bad at all.

Something really wrong with Marshall this season. Maybe its the really sad haircut doing it.

That's if you really believe that that was the real attendance, I have my doubts somehow

Why would you doubt it? I expected an announcement of over 10K but unusually no announcement was made at all. I guestimated before I heard the figure that the ground was between a quarter and a third full so the 8K figure was actually lower than it looked.

Those who were moaning about the weather and safety issues want to grow up.

When I was a lad we would walk 6 miles to the ground on such occasions even though the odds were strongly on the match being called off

Of five missing season ticket holders around me, three of them are pensioners, one of whom walks with the aid of a stick.

Would you still like to tell them to 'grow up' when mentioning how the weather affected their non-attendance?

Of five missing season ticket holders around me, three of them are pensioners, one of whom walks with the aid of a stick.

Would you still like to tell them to 'grow up' when mentioning how the weather affected their non-attendance?

Exactly, some of the comments on here regarding people getting to the ground are totally pathetic, narrow minded and unrealistic.

Just to point out that whilst he's been on the pitch in a blue shirt, only the Huddersfield consolation has gone in our end, and as he celebrated his 20th birthday last week, I can cut him some slack on the unfinished article bits. I also expect game time alongside Wes and co will see him come on in leaps and bounds.

At the moment, the conundrum of last year, "How can a Pearson side be so fragile in defence?" has been answered as this lad has come in to play alongside Wes. I'm reminded of MON's masterstroke in signing Julian Watts - which for whatever reason had a calming and hugely positive effect on our promotion campaign then.

Otherwise - totally agree with the other plaudits.

Yep, I agree. Perhaps I am being harsh pointing out these 'lapses'. Without a doubt he is a very good prospect and if his deal is extended until the end of the season (as rumoured), then he will be an excellent addition (albeit temporary). I wonder if Manchester United would consider selling?

An additional point, from the limited viewing that I have had this season, I would suggest that Middlesbrough are one of the best teams that we have faced. Would people agree?

Marshall was far far worse than Konchesky who I thought didn't do too bad at all.

Something really wrong with Marshall this season. Maybe its the really sad haircut doing it.

I thought Marshall had a steady game. He occasionally showed glimpses of real quality and kept the ball fairly well. I would say a 7 out of 10 performance.

It is always good to be quoted even if I am not followed. I will make the same point another way.

You will see that I dismiss the matter of blame - "wherever the blame lies" and am looking on the season ticket in economic terms. There comes a point when season ticket holders have to decide whether to renew and (again) leaving aside whether the fault lies with the supporter, club or referee tonight was an argument in favour of selecting my matches next season..

I have a strong feeling we'll be playing premier league football next season. A season ticket is then pretty important as we will suddenly have an extra 10,000 'fans' for the glamour ties. Many of which won't be there hoping for an LCFC win.

The club can't win! Some were moaning earlier in the week that the game would probably get called off because of health and safety. Then when it goes ahead they moan it should have been called off.

Not everyone is in full health and ability to take such risks. Many disabled and elderly fans were unable to attend. It is irresponsible with such road chaos for the game to go ahead and add more to the already mad roads yesterday.

Presumably then you would be expecting every shop, pub, restaurant, take-away, cinema and such like to close to keep people from adding to the road chaos.

As has already been mentioned just a few times, the only person/people able to call off the game are the ref and/or police. Both deemed the game fit to go ahead. The fact that 12,000 fans were unable or chose not to attend is simply a measure of their good sense. I was just grateful that it was on the tv. I don't expect any compensation from the club as my non attendance was my choice.

Having to miss one game in the season through circumstances beyond the club's control is certainly not enough to influence whether or not I buy a season ticket next year.

Marshall was as bad but IMO Konch was more likely to cost us. Swings and roundabouts really.

So much bollocks in this thread, I went to the game but there is no way it should have gone ahead. I had to push 2 cars that got stuck on the way and saw many people lose their footing walking from Aylestone Rd way, yes around the ground was fine and credit to the club for that, but the paths away were bad for anyone who isn't 100% steady on their feet.

Boro took as much precaution as they could to avoid the weather, they came down a day early and their hotel was 2 miles from the ground but still couldn't get there in ample time which shows that anyone further than that, is going to struggle big time!

The police had no say on the matter as it was conveniently a no police fixture. The pitch was fine so it's fine from the refs point of view and it was down to the club if it was safe enough for fans to travel. The club were obviously being held by the balls from Sky so the match goes ahead, much like Ipswich 2 years back.

Luckily this time it worked in our favour for the result but it was definitely a defeat for the fans in the grand scheme of things.

Poor support? Were you in any of the traffic, I left work at 3pm in Syston presuming that would give enough time to get changed collect ticket etc. 4 hours to do a 22 minute journey is just ridiculous. I've been doing the journey for 15 years in worse conditions than this and it's never been so bad. You can't predict nonsense like that.

actually I was, doing deliveries all day. There was a lot of traffic but that didnt make it undriveable. it was just a few inches of snow which with all due respect is next to nothing. The problem is this country deals very badly with snow. Do you all live outside the city? the club didnt tell you to live so far away, move inside the city. :)

The club can't win! Some were moaning earlier in the week that the game would probably get called off because of health and safety. Then when it goes ahead they moan it should have been called off.

right decision to go ahead, all that matters is the pitch and safety around the ground.

sky was there so fans could watch from home. so no problem in my eyes.

anyone wanting to attend could have planned ahead, left early, stayed in city overnight etc. no big deal.

The police had no say on the matter as it was conveniently a no police fixture.

This is a red-herring. The game was 'no police' from the point-of-view of the perceived lack of a threat to public order - and nothing more. The police, through the safety committee, could have stopped this game going ahead if they had wished to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669