Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lot of traffic but that didnt make it undriveable. it was just a few inches of snow which with all due respect is next to nothing.

The snow isn't the main problem. The problem is the utter morons who shouldn't be in procession of a driving license. Most of the hold-ups that I experienced were caused by people moving into junctions without a clear exit and then causing backlogs for everyone else. Added to this were red light jumpers, drivers trying to U turn on a busy carriageway, idiots trying to use a second lane that was obviously impassable etc etc etc.

Added to this was the fact that the Highways Agency had gritted the previous evening but hadn't bothered to do so again the following day.

right decision to go ahead, all that matters is the pitch and safety around the ground.

sky was there so fans could watch from home. so no problem in my eyes.

anyone wanting to attend could have planned ahead, left early, stayed in city overnight etc. no big deal.

Are you actually cafe posting under a different name?

Stayed in the City overnight??? I'm not even going to respond as to why that is such a ridiculous comment

Well that'a another on the ignore list now, just need Jeff to work on the allowance of adding Mods too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall was as bad but IMO Konch was more likely to cost us. Swings and roundabouts really.

as a team we had the usual problem in we lacked urgency on lose balls, eg. if we underhit a pass, the player the pass is going to would stand there like a statue whilst a nearby boro player moved to the ball to intercept, we have this problem in every game I have watched this season. The other issue is we bad at possession football (seem to have lost passing ability since sven left) so then we back pass and inevitibly we lose possession before it goes forward again, what won us the game is that our 2 main strikers far more clinical than boro's so we were better on the part of the pitch where it matters whilst boro easily bossed the midfield. Both teams were good defensively. I was surprised vardy came on instead of waghorn as waghorn has excellent holding the ball up abilities and more experience. konchesky was the only one that stood out poorer than the rest, far too many fouls conceded, but I know why hes on the pitch as he has excellent long ball and crosses play, he initiates a lot of forward play.

The snow isn't the main problem. The problem is the utter morons who shouldn't be in procession of a driving license. Most of the hold-ups that I experienced were caused by people moving into junctions without a clear exit and then causing backlogs for everyone else. Added to this were red light jumpers, drivers trying to U turn on a busy carriageway, idiots trying to use a second lane that was obviously impassable etc etc etc.

Added to this was the fact that the Highways Agency had gritted the previous evening but hadn't bothered to do so again the following day.

How does the procession of a driving licence work? I don't follow. And I don't think my driving licence does either.

Stayed in the City overnight??? I'm not even going to respond as to why that is such a ridiculous comment and I don't like to resort to insults, but you Sir, are definitely a **** of the highest order if that is what you truly believe.

Well that'a another on the ignore list now, just need Jeff to work on the allowance of adding Mods too!

:056:

I've grown quite fond of some of them over the years. Yes, even you Steven :icon_wink

An additional point, from the limited viewing that I have had this season, I would suggest that Middlesbrough are one of the best teams that we have faced. Would people agree?

All apart from the strikers, extremely average.

Stayed in the City overnight??? I'm not even going to respond as to why that is such a ridiculous comment and I don't like to resort to insults, but you Sir, are definitely a **** of the highest order if that is what you truly believe.

now now dont be a child, oh I dont like what you say I put you on ignore and cover my ears I cant hear you nah nah nah.

dont you not stay in hotels on away games?

I dont even know who cafe is.

Last edited:
This is a red-herring. The game was 'no police' from the point-of-view of the perceived lack of a threat to public order - and nothing more. The police, through the safety committee, could have stopped this game going ahead if they had wished to.

Ah well, bollocks does seem to be the theme of the thread so that can just be some more! :icon_lol:
Still though, even with 3 points in our hands, I don't think it should have gone ahead.

Last edited:
How does the procession of a driving licence work? I don't follow. And I don't think my driving licence does either.

The obvious answer is because drivers who drive like I described shouldn't be in procession of one and therefore wouldn't be allowed to drive.

But knowing you Boc, I suspect I am missing something :icon_bigg

Ah well, bollocks does seem to be the theme of the thread so that can just be some more! :icon_lol:
Still though, even with 3 points in our hands, I don't think it should have gone ahead.

I smile at your first point and fully agree with your second.

It really does show that money rules, that fans don't matter - and that, judging by some of the responses on here, there are some fans that don't mind it being that way.

The obvious answer is because drivers who drive like I described shouldn't be in procession of one and therefore wouldn't be allowed to drive.

But knowing you Boc, I suspect I am missing something :icon_bigg

I'm sure that you'll realise what it is fairly soon.

I'm not! I've got more pressing concerns at the moment. Like which will be easier this afternoon - Asda or Sainsburys?!

No contest when you have a colleague discount card

It really does show that money rules, that fans don't matter - and that, judging by some of the responses on here, there are some fans that don't mind it being that way.

think of it this way.

the fans who HAVE travelled due to good planning and determination. especially away fans.
the sky revenue
wanting to play the game for the good of the club as the team is currently on good form.

they are all less important than to keep fans who decided not to go happy?

and yes revenue is very important especially with FFP, perhaps the club could make up the lost sky revenue from increasing your season ticket next year, does that sound better?

Last edited:
think of it this way.

the fans who HAVE travelled due to good planning and determination. especially away fans.
the sky revenue
wanting to play the game for the good of the club as the team is currently on good form.

and yes revenue is very important especially with FFP, perhaps the club could make up the lost sky revenue from increasing your season ticket next year, does that sound better?

A valid point. At the point the game would have been called off, 4.30-5ish, those making the journey had more than likely set off including the away fans and to get them to turn around would have made their potentially dangerous journey pointless. The fans who couldn't make it were safe, myself included.

Of five missing season ticket holders around me, three of them are pensioners, one of whom walks with the aid of a stick.

Would you still like to tell them to 'grow up' when mentioning how the weather affected their non-attendance?

I referred in an earlier post to able people and those under 50. As it happens I am also of the age where the state pays me the state pension. The issue of me telling pensioners to grow up does not arise from my post and i suspect you already know that. If you had asked a more sensible question like do i think the game should have been called off because it wasn't fit for the average pensioner to travel out - and we mustn't stereotype older people many of whom have more about them than some much younger people - then my answer would have been 'of course it should not'. Same as i didn't expect the game to be cpostponed because I've got 7 inches of snow on my drive here and could't have got the car safely on the road.

think of it this way.

the sky revenue

The club claim they make a loss in revenue when a game is on Sky.

You already knew all that. It's not a question of not minding that fans don't matter it's about accepting a reality. Of course money rules and providing the owners/ players/ manager get us back into top class football before I'm to old to go then i don't give a stuff.

Now of course I also realise that there are some folk who have a quite legitimate different view and they would probably prefer a more fans orientated approach even if it means playing in the Conference. Talking of fans orientated approach does anyone know whats happened to the Foxes Trust? Are they still advising the Board? Do they still want to run the club on the back of a few quid stakeholding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669