Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A valid point. At the point the game would have been called off, 4.30-5ish, those making the journey had more than likely set off including the away fans and to get them to turn around would have made their potentially dangerous journey pointless. The fans who couldn't make it were safe, myself included.

yes i think there was a reasonable cutoff point, if they were to call it off I think it would be late afternoon at the latest, after that point unless the pitch was unsafe then it should go ahead.

I respect its everyone's choice to attend or not, the bit I disagree on is the club's decision and it all should revolve around season ticket holders not attending only.

Hopefully the next game this wont be an issue and the weather is improved.

I referred in an earlier post to able people and those under 50. As it happens I am also of the age where the state pays me the state pension. The issue of me telling pensioners to grow up does not arise from my post and i suspect you already know that.......

The post of yours that I was commenting on made no distinction at all as regards to age so your point above is irrelevant and unnecessarily argumentative. But I suspect you already know that :icon_wink

You lot know we won and went into the automatic promotion spots last night, right?

Everyone seems more intent on discussing the weather.

Why would you doubt it? I expected an announcement of over 10K but unusually no announcement was made at all. I guestimated before I heard the figure that the ground was between a quarter and a third full so the 8K figure was actually lower than it looked.

*sigh* Because they always lie about the attendance and just use the number of season tickets sold X how many pies are left unsold to reach a figure.
Do try to keep up lad :icon_wink

From the clubs point of view this has worked out well, we have 3 points in the bag, instead of having to squeeze a re-arranged fixture in somewhere and playing games with over tired players. If some of our competitors games are called off and they have to squeeze the game in somewhere then that's even better for us.

Surely what's good for the club is good for the fans?

You lot know we won and went into the automatic promotion spots last night, right?

Everyone seems more intent on discussing the weather.

We're British Graz, it's what we are good at!

On a more positive note though, the queuing times for pies and pints were greatly reduced.

The roads in Hinckley were appalling, we were going 25mph down a main road because it was too slippery. Anyway, it was all worth it. Heart in mouth moment when the penalty was given, but what a save from Kasper! Excellent finish from Nuge as well! Got a nice break on Saturday with the cup, and hopefully will be a perfect opportunity to continue this unbeaten streak with limited pressure. Roll on Saturday!

after listening to the radio Leicester i decided to walk into the game, because of their constant talk of traffic congestion. Bastards i bearly saw a car never mind any congestion. near the ground Saffron lane was as clear as a bell no-one was even parked in the bus lanes as they normally do. Once at the stadium it was obvious why the game was going ahead, all the pavements around the ground were clear of snow the roads were mainly slush although some matches of ice. After the game, luckly i got i lift home, all the roads had been re-gritted and travel was not a problem at all.
Spoke to a few at the game who had problems getting off side roads but said once they got onto the main roads it was fine.

He's scored one or two wonderful goals this year, has Nugent.

This honestly might have been the best of the lot. It gets better each time you watch it.

Not a lot of teams in this league are blessed with players capable of that.

Last edited:

This honestly might have been the best of the lot. It gets better each time you watch it.

Is there anywhere we can watch it online? Thanks

Lovely pass to him from Wood as well. Beautiful goal.

great! thanks for that!

That really is a quality assist and flick from Nugent, he really is a top drawer striker. I think this partnership might be able to hold their own in the top flight.

What do you think Micky?

Worth standing with 200 or so Boro fans to see that win! Never again though.

Wow, 14 passes, didn't hear Don Goodman say anything about that.

He reminds me of a Jock football supporter when asked who he supports "Scotland and anyone England are playing " except DG says "Wolves and anyone Leicester are playing".

Why? I don't know, if anybody does, please enlighten me. He certainly gives me the impression that we are not liked!

The whole build up play, the one touch passing was immense. As were both Wood's assist and Nugent's finish, which were eye of a needle stuff.

We've scored some real crackers this season. I remember a couple of years back in the Sousa/SGE season saying we'd probably scored more great goals in that season than I could ever remember, but I think this season we've trumped it as pretty much all of the great goals from that season were long distance screamers. Whereas this season we've had a variety of great goals: great team goals, sublime bits of skill, fantastic finishes, dribbling individualist goals as well as the great long range efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669