Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesbrough 2

Of course we have only one angle to look at, but the players reacted in a way which made me think there was definitely something in it

Didn't look like he touched it on TV.
If you're talking about the incident on the left side of the box late in the second half, he certainly did. It was right in front of me.

Edit: left as viewed from the Kop.

If you're talking about the incident on the left side of the box late in the second half, he certainly did. It was right in front of me.

Yeah it was - definitely seen ‘em given, sometimes seen ‘em not

No way the ref could have seen it from where he was - but the linesman had a clear view. Like most officials in this league, he bottled it

I mean, it doesn’t take away from the fact that we were shit.

Oh, and that Vardy guy’s pretty good at football. Did you know?

I don’t know if it’s the same incident but there was one that the BBCRL commentators thought was definitely handball until they saw a replay, which Matt Piper seemed to believe confirmed it wasn’t.

Boro had our number and possibly deserved to win with so many of our players having an off day.

No problem though, it happens.

I don’t know if it’s the same incident but there was one that the BBCRL commentators thought was definitely handball until they saw a replay, which Matt Piper seemed to believe confirmed it wasn’t.
There was another shout which people (players and spectators) seemed sure about but I didn't think that was a penalty. This was further from the goal line and to the right. It may well be the one you refer to and a separate incident.

From where I was it looked a little behind him, so not quite a sitter. But yeah, it could have been a different story. But in the few minutes he was on he did more than Daka did for the whole game IMO

Mavididi really struggled in the first half. I think Ayling bullied him and was quite physical. I think that why he bought Cannon on the right wing.

It's basic management though.

Mavididi did struggle with Ayling because he kept wanting to cut inside. Rather than put a striker there instead, surely a better alternative would have been to switch Fatawu to the left and get him to exploit what Ayling hates - a quick winger running down the line.

There is an almost total absence nowadays of wingers crossing as close to the goal line as possible with their best foot. That's what was needed yesterday.

Having Albrighton on the right and Fatawu on the left using the width to provide was the obvious way to deal with the lack of space in the centre of the pitch.

Again, just doing Plan A 'more' isn't good management.

Yes, ever.

There's being shit and there's good players being sloppy. Some of the movement and passing yesterday was atrocious
Much of the movement was hesitant. This led to too many occasions when the ball arrived in the very spot just vacated by the intended recipient. We were very poor, disorganised and players well below even their average level of performance.

do-ostriches-bury-their-heads-in-the-sand.jpg

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464