Leicester 1 - Plymouth 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! This result has cheered me up. I was driving at the time and very nearly crashed after I heard the reporter say we'd nicked it. Funnily enough the car I nearly hit was a green heap of shit which rolled about all over the place.

happy birthday tedd !

you must have had the lucky socks on again !!:icon_bigg

Was so glad we managed to beat a bunch of diving time wasters in the last minute ! - you couldnt make stuff like that up !

Up to third :038: great stuff another 3points that we might not have got defo hand ball for the peno that never was - someone behind shouted "replay " :icon_bigg

Is anyone going to admit to going home early ???
there were quite a few

I'm waiting for nigel to say when can start getting carried away :icon_wink

happy birthday tedd !

you must have had the lucky socks on again !!:icon_bigg

Was so glad we managed to beat a bunch of diving time wasters in the last minute ! - you couldnt make stuff like that up !

Up to third :038: great stuff another 3points that we might not have got defo hand ball for the peno that never was - someone behind shouted "replay " :icon_bigg

Is anyone going to admit to going home early ???
there were quite a few

I'm waiting for nigel to say when can start getting carried away :icon_wink

:081: Combo of socks and my dads old shirt from 80's was a sure winner. We have still never been beaten when either the lucky red socks or the IND coope shirt has entered the Walkers!

It was a pretty frustrating match, just the usual story of falling apart in the final third, with a lucky/scrappy goal in stoppage time. It's important to note that Plymouth were dreadful, probably worse than Derby. I'm not sure if this playing-four-strikers thing is really going to work in the long term.

If this had ended 0-0 (which it very nearly did) everyone would said it was a bad game.

Lazy performance and we just about deserved it. I could be very harsh but I'll leave that analysis till the end of the month. Felt sorry for strikers held the ball up but nobody supported them. Yann....some good bits, some not so good.

Great result...missed the game due to my daughter having a operation.

Just wondering how many city fans on here missed the goal...i did it once against Tranmere at the old filbert street when Kevin Russell hit a last minute winner and vowed after that game i would never leave before the final whistle went.

Lazy performance and we just about deserved it. I could be very harsh but I'll leave that analysis till the end of the month. Felt sorry for strikers held the ball up but nobody supported them. Yann....some good bits, some not so good.

If Yann's half volley from 40 yards had gone in his place as the greatest player of all time would have been cemented.

Not really sure how to evaluate the line up today. We're struggling to score goals and create enough chances at home. NP is trying to find a combination that delivers all this but I'm doubtful that today's is it. The line up was as follows:

Weale
Neilson Hobbs Brown Berner
Wellens
King Gallagher
Kermogant
Fryatt Waghorn

Although nobody really had a bad game, we didn't test their keeper much. Until the last minute, it was all very frustrating against a less than ordinary side. The fact that they didn't even need to defend very well against us says a lot.

Sometimes Fryatt has games where he seems to get in the way of the attacking play instead of complementing it. Today was one of those days. When you have the likes of Waghorn, Gallagher and Kermogant pissing about around the box with flicks and one-twos, the last thing you need is Fryatt joining in. He needs to be on the end of this sort of play. Given the way the first half went, I was all for Campbell coming on in place of Fryatt for the second half for this reason.

Brown and Berner stood out. Kermogant has something and his flicks were much classier than anything that comes off Howards head.

A word on King. I'm far from his biggest fan but he's improving with every game and today was probably his most consistent 90 mins of the season. It was pleasing to see him score the winner.

We're a couple of top class additions (right back and centre midfield)away from a really strong Championship side. I think the season will stand or fall on what we do in the market in January.

Aaaahhh Kermit....

I thought we deserved the 3 points, no matter how late the winner was, cos we dominated the possession and created the most clearcut chances whereas Plymouth timewasted and rolled around as though they had been shot to keep stalling the game(and on one occasion imo to avoid getting at the least a yellow card)

Ref was crap, don't think he could see what a handball was if it were his own hand doing it.

My Plymouth friend is looking forward to League One football...where they belong, the horrid little team....

Ps: Can Kermit play next week please? Ta very muchly....oh and can he take the corners as well??

Last edited:
I thought we played poorly against a bad side. I am not keen on the formation we began with. If we are playing in the rain against a negative side I prefer battlers like Dany and Adams.

As long as we play Neilson at right back I think we need a proper right winger. Neilson is not good enough technically to play there on his own and needs a hard working right winger to help him out whether it be Dany or Nicky.

It would be nice to see Dany given a good run on the right wing. He is inexperienced at this level and will needs games to adjust. Again I would like to see Adams given a number of games but in the middle alongside Wellens.

A confession. I was hoping that it would be King who would be taken off for Adams. Then King answers his detractors by scoring the winner.

I would have loved Steve Howard to score. He is clearly desperate to score but the problem is the more desperate you are the less likely you are to succeed.

I don't agree with the comments about us playing poorly, I thought we tried a bit of everything to break down a very negative side. We played some nice footy around the hour mark, especially in the build up to Fryatt's dribble, chance and peno claim (stonewaller IMO).

There is a lot of criticism of Plymouth tactics which I think was unfair. They were up against a team with more ability and tried to nick at least a point. With the exception of the diver they used the kind of tactics that I hope to see us use against the Chelseas and Man Us next year.
It would be foolish to ask Plymouth players to out skill us like West Brom and the tactics they used were right for the players they had.

I don't agree with the comments about us playing poorly, I thought we tried a bit of everything to break down a very negative side. We played some nice footy around the hour mark, especially in the build up to Fryatt's dribble, chance and peno claim (stonewaller IMO).

I agree. I think we played well, I thought Gallagher looked creative all game, just that Plymouth were stubbing out the game and playing all out defence.

I suppose we should take it as a compliment that people think we are now too good to play football against.

Last edited:
There is a lot of criticism of Plymouth tactics which I think was unfair. They were up against a team with more ability and tried to nick at least a point. With the exception of the diver they used the kind of tactics that I hope to see us use against the Chelseas and Man Us next year.
It would be foolish to ask Plymouth players to out skill us like West Brom and the tactics they used were right for the players they had.

:018: I would sure as hell we wouldn't be diving all over the place and feigning injuries to deliberately waste time. Defensive tactics are one thing, but they were just plain cheating at times.

:081: Combo of socks and my dads old shirt from 80's was a sure winner. We have still never been beaten when either the lucky red socks or the IND coope shirt has entered the Walkers!
That shirts gotta be older than you by a few years:icon_bigg

That shirts gotta be older than you by a few years:icon_bigg

11/12 years:icon_lol: I absolutly adore it, I'd sleep in it but for fear it would disintergrate

So Adams and N'Guessan were involved in the goal? I was hoping they would both start on the wings, hopefully they will against Scunthorpe.

Such a good feeling to win that game. The muted attitude to performance on here is interesting as sky said we were excellent and just couldn't score.

Every one seems agreed that Plymouth lacked ability. We were unable to break them down with the team that began and needed the assists of two of the substitutes. I am surprised that people feel the performance was good. Even Nigel says that "we weren't at our best."

It is one of the baffling things about football that different people with a good knowledge of the game can see a totally different match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566