Leicester 1 Preston 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if the jocks had a better standard of football maybe a few of the players that have come down here in recent times might have been semi decent.

But if they had had then those players would have been signed by better teams than LCFC

I would suggest it is because any half decent scottish players seem to be snapped up by Celtic/Rangers and just rot in their reserves, just to stop the other teams having a chance.

Agreed - this is part of the problem. This happens to an extent in other leagues too, but no doubt is a particular issue in a league where there are only 2 significant clubs. However, I still maintain that the main reason is that we don't see anything like the quality emerging from Scotland these days.

Not really, we signed decent jocks when their standard was better.

but the best ones were signed by the bigger clubs.There have been some decent scottish players coming through in recent years but they won't come to us,not as many granted.Recently we have had to gamble on players,we have probably bought as many duff scots as we have duffers from England

Last edited:
To be honest i've just seen the goals on the highlights and i can't say either was Nielson's fault. But it also appeared like we had a few chances that we should have scored and that would have changed the game. Defenders always get stick, but if your 2 nil up you can afford a slip up.

We lost because all parties failed at their job.

Let's be honest, the back four put out against Preston lacked completely in pace.

You've got a half-fit Tunchypants, never the quickest anyway.

That uselss bald knobface Brown who I reckon even Jobber might outpace.

Neilson, who I fear might be completely gash.

Berner, who's steady, but hardly sprightly.

I'm a bit surprised Pearson didn't look at this prior to kickoff.

And I agree about the Gallagher thing. Every time I see his name in the starting lineup it screams "square peg, round hole." So here's the plan....

Go and get Gilbert back and at least get a bit of pace down the right side (and provide much-needed competition for the long haired, scot gypo). Also, throw Brown in a quarry and put Hobbs back in with Tunchev.

Give Howard a bit of a rest, play Gallagher down the middle with Fryatt and let's see if we can use a touch more guile and a bit less brute force. Slot in Adams down the right side, Dyer/Nguessen down the left.

That provides us with a lot more pace, and some decent footballers in the side. The downside would be the loss of some aerial threat and a bit of nastiness.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, the back four put out against Preston lacked completely in pace.

And I agree about the Gallagher thing. Every time I see his name in the starting lineup it screams "square peg, round hole." So here's the plan....

Go and get Gilbert back and at least get a bit of pace down the right side (and provide much-needed competition for the long haired, scot gypo). Also, throw Brown in a quarry and put Hobbs back in with Tunchev.

Give Howard a bit of a rest, play Gallagher down the middle with Fryatt and let's see if we can use a touch more guile and a bit less brute force. Slot in Adams down the right side, Dyer/Nguessen down the left.

That provides us with a lot more pace, and some decent footballers in the side. The downside would be the loss of some aerial threat and a bit of nastiness.

Actually i saw Kerrera Gilbert play last Tuesday night for the Gunners as i got cheap tickets for the Carling Cup. He looked perfectly comfortable against West Brom, although not spectacular in any way.

Not sure what arsenal's plans are re him as i thought for his development he needs to be playing regularly. He'll never make their first team only the CCup youth Team.

We seem to have gone downhill since Gallagher started playing,thats not to say he is a bad player but including him in the starting line up,especially on the left wing, seems to have weakened us defensively and in midfield to an extent.It seems Pearson fiddled with the starting line up and the formation when there was little wrong with it in the first place

Something in that, HF.
Not Gallagher's fault, but certainly NP's desire to shoe-horn him in somewhere has definitely upset the balance. Up to NP to sort though, and I believe he will......

When I first starting watching city every club had Scots and this continued through to the 80s perhaps, certainly the 70s.

We have had loads of good Scots playes: the list would fill a page here. Here are some: Gibson, McLintock, Roberts, McAllister,Mauchlin, Sinclair, Goodfellow, Young, Melrose, Bell,King,Walsh loads of others.

Other clubs had Law, StJohn, White, Gizean, Bremner, Gray, Cook etc.

What has happened to them north of the border? too much whisky? too much Haggis? Lost interest in footy?

What good players have come out of there in the last 10 years?
None

What happened up north!

:081::081::081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570