Post Match Leicester 1 QPR 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester v Queens Park Rangers 1-0

Nugent with the goal

I thought Nuge was excellent and Matty James wasted no time in showing what a quality player he is.

That must be one of the shortest match threads we've ever had :icon_bigg

Good win. Good 2nd half performance. Assou-Ekoto (sp? I can't be bothered looking it up) was determined to get sent-off. Thought Mahrez looked our best attacking option again. Much better defending from set-pieces. Wasilewski was very good.

Maybe Waghorn will score the goal that confirms us as champions.

I think I heard somewhere that Bumley have a few injuries, fairly safe to say we're champions now!

We were so much better than they were, it was embarrassing

Low quality first half, but back on track in the second

Drinky and Nugent were outstanding. Mahrez was also good, but cut out the diving, please

Knocky was poor, and King was pretty hopeless

Onwards, upwards, Champions

We were so much better than they were, it was embarrassing

Low quality first half, but back on track in the second

Drinky and Nugent were outstanding. Mahrez was also good, but cut out the diving, please

Knocky was poor, and King was pretty hopeless

Onwards, upwards, Champions

I disagree on King, he wasted a few opportunities but was solid and kept the midfield ticking forward.

I disagree on King, he wasted a few opportunities but was solid and kept the midfield ticking forward.

He gave the ball away constantly and continuously, and fecked up many a promising move. Awful

Technically, QPR have some very good players. However, it is clear that they can't be arsed to put any effort in and as a result, they are pretty shite. When Morrison came on, he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Different class for me but he was totally without support and I'd be ashamed to be a QPR fan following that bunch of charlatans.

We were okay and functional and just did enough to win. Mahrez impressed at times. We had several hard working performances but little quality. Performances don't really matter, it's just about another win and another step towards the title. We've broken our record number of league wins in a season today and that's worthy of mention.

If I can have one moan, it has to be about Knockaert. He's been poor recently but today he was absolutely woeful. The one give away in his own area summed his lack of professionalism up for me. If his head is already on a beach, he may as well go there now.

Tactics spot on today from Sexy Nige.

I was unable to watch or listen today, so did it look like we were trying out a 'premier league' formation?

From the text commentary on sky it looked like Mahrez was running rings around them towards the end of the match.

And incidentally, TB match thread wasn't very informative for those of us out of touch today!

get in, come on Chelsea, 10 acc at start of season , Leicester wolves Chelsea, return £1950

I was unable to watch or listen today, so did it look like we were trying out a 'premier league' formation?

From the text commentary on sky it looked like Mahrez was running rings around them towards the end of the match.

And incidentally, TB match thread wasn't very informative for those of us out of touch today!

Shakey seemed to suggest that our shape was to counter them (he stated that they were strong in the middle of midfield). But then I think he and Nigel was a little surprised with their team selection. I am sure if Vardy had been fit it would have a been a 'normal' starting lie up though.

Last edited:

It did indeed. It looked like he was trying Nugent as lone striker, King as support attacking midfielder and Hammond as holding player.

Of the three, Nugent worked hard and took his goal well but has no pace and power so Premier League defences won't be frightened of facing him. If he played 38 games as our main striker next season he wouldn't score more than 5-6 goals in open play.

King just looked like a player that has no match fitness. He was adrift in terms of passing and the pace of the game over and over again. At his best, King could actually be a surprise bonus for us next season because he has that ability to drift into good attacking positions and I could see him scoring a few. However, he's fundamentally a very average midfielder so I doubt he'll get the time on the pitch to score very often.

Hammond again is difficult to judge because he's not had enough game time to be match fit. He looks slow and dirty but I think that he's better than that if allowed to play regularly. Again, he's unlikely to play much if he stays so we'll never know.

Fundamentally, if we're reliant on King and Hammond in midfield next season, we're going to be in big trouble.

In terms of shape, if we play this way, we need to attacking wide players to really contribute in terms of goals/assists. I think Mahrez could do this but I doubt very much if Knockaert will. He has improved his defensive game hugely this season but when he goes forward, he's very selfish and creates nowhere near enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669