Post Match Leicester 1 QPR 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we did enough today, we weren't as good as we can be but after picking up 1 point from last 6 available the result was always the key.

Nugent was absolutely brilliant, still fail to understand how people can criticise him this season. He's got 19 league goals, he's our top scorer and leading the assist charts too (I believe) what more do people expect?

Mahrez looked very useful yet again and IMO when I saw it live should have had a penalty, their fella clipped his heels.

Kranjcar (sp?) is an absolutely wonderful footballer, found space between our midfield and defence time and time again. Very impressed with him when QPR managed to get the ball to him, but he looked disinterested otherwise.

I would disagree slightly with Kingy's criticism, Alan Young got it spot on for me, he said something like 'King worked hard, closed down and supported Nugent very well, just his passing was poor and looked out of match practice'. When James came on he looked very impressive.

Champions elect.

Even when Nuge nutmegged him?!

Didn't see what he offered them to be honest.

I thought he oozed class when in possession. If someone can get his head right, he'll be a top player. Fortunately for us, his team mates just stood and watched him rather than offering support.

Reminded me of Joe Allen when he had a 20 minute cameo at our place for Swansea a few years back. Talent-wise, you could just tell he was destined for better things.

I thought he oozed class when in possession. If someone can get his head right, he'll be a top player. Fortunately for us, his team mates just stood and watched him rather than offering support.

Reminded me of Joe Allen when he had a 20 minute cameo at our place for Swansea a few years back. Talent-wise, you could just tell he was destined for better things.

He's destined for a footballing dustbin like Barton and Ireland, good players with shit attitudes. Harrys QPR retirement home is a good fit.

I'm with BN. I thought Morrison looked a real talent. I know he had a reputation for being a shit at United but articles I've read suggest that his move to QPR has more to do with Allardyce being a wanker than anything that Morrison had done wrong.

I didn't really see any difference between Raffles and any of their other overhyped players

I thought bringing James on made a difference to the team almost immediately and, although I like King, he have the ball away far too much and looked off the pace. Wasilewski was good at the back and reads the game very well.

As some have suggested, we may have to play a bit of 4-5-1 next season, so it was interesting to see it in action today, especially against a team with a lot of players with Premier League experience.

QPR did what QPR have done all season and played like 11 players, rather than a team. I respect the fact that people see games differently, but Morrison looks like a player a step above to me. His control and awareness of where his teammates are is unreal and quite frankly why he's wasting his time playing at this level astounds and disappoints me, he could be one hell of a player.

Anyone noticed how much better Kasper was on set pieces today?

Yes, absolutely. We gave away a lot of free kicks in the first half and dealt with them well.

I thought we did enough today, we weren't as good as we can be but after picking up 1 point from last 6 available the result was always the key.

Nugent was absolutely brilliant, still fail to understand how people can criticise him this season. He's got 19 league goals, he's our top scorer and leading the assist charts too (I believe) what more do people expect?

How many from penalties? Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Nugent... even when he has an off game, he'll blast one in when it counts, and other times works his arse off and creates space for others. But, some feel he's a little too inconsistent and without the 8 or 9 penalties he's had, the tally would be a lot lower. In a season when we've score 79 goals in the league, you'd expect your top striker to be close to 20 goals or more.

How many from penalties? Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Nugent... even when he has an off game, he'll blast one in when it counts, and other times works his arse off and creates space for others. But, some feel he's a little too inconsistent and without the 8 or 9 penalties he's had, the tally would be a lot lower. In a season when we've score 79 goals in the league, you'd expect your top striker to be close to 20 goals or more.

He's got 19 league goals he's pretty close if you ask me. I don't understand this attitude people have of 'but how many are penalties?'. Do people not understand that getting penalties doesn't always mean a goal? If you don't have a good penalty taker to put the ball in the net you don't score, doesn't make a difference many penalties you win. This showed at Watford at the end of last season and you've seen it for years with the England football team in shoot-outs.

He's our top scorer, he's a quality player, he works his arse off game in and game out. Not only that he's got over 10 assists (12? 13?), that's not luck, he's a provider as well as a scorer and yet some aren't even willing to give the bloke much credit. Sure, I would question if he can be our main striker in the Premier League, I would guess we will probably need someone else, but he's an absolute class act at this level.

It really does make me wonder what people expect.

Last edited:
It really does make me wonder what people expect.

Beats me

He absolutely worked his bollocks off today from start to finish, made up for the hopeless King fannying about doing nothing, and scored a really excellent goal, bringing his tally up to 19 league goals this season

Sadly, some people cannot recognise a decent player when they see one.

I've just looked on the FL website and Nugent has 13 assists, joint top alongside Cresswell (Ipswich) and Reid (Forest). Wonderful stuff.

Maybe if I add this it will add some perspective. Drinkwater, who is arguably our midfield maestro, has 3 assists.

Last edited:
Beats me

He absolutely worked his bollocks off today from start to finish, made up for the hopeless King fannying about doing nothing, and scored a really excellent goal, bringing his tally up to 19 league goals this season

Sadly, some people cannot recognise a decent player when they see one.
Peter Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670