Post Match Leicester 1 QPR 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought King got into some very good positions today and would have been more of a threat with some match practice. that role suits him and he could easily have bagged a couple today.

Nugent and Mahrez did well. Don't understand why people are drooling over Ravel - though he was better than he was at Brum last season.

Don't understand why people are drooling over Ravel

On the evidence of a couple of viewings live of Morrison and several on tv, if his attitude was guaranteed, I'd swap him for Knockaert like a shot. Morrison is far more creatively incisive.

In Morrison's 12 starts for a considerably worse team before today, he's scored 4 and set 2 up. Knockaert has 4 goals and 5 assists in 40 appearances.

The clean sheet should not disguise some poor defending in the first half. Knockaert and Drinkwater are not Beckenbauer; next season strikers will punish them for dribbling in their own penalty area. If the ball is in a dangerous area get rid.

Nugent's goal was a relief as I felt we did not look like scoring. I know 4-3-3 is fashionable but I believe two strikers working together gives a defence more problems. We badly missed Vardy whose speed and energy .seem to bring out the best in our wingers and full backs.

Hammond did some good work but he is simply a good Championship player. Matty James seems to me to be Premier League class.

Harry's reaction to Assou -Ekottu being sent off was interesting. Many managers make a gesture of support to the player being sent off. Harry pointedly ignored him. I imagine the player will be told a few home truths in the dressing room.

I'm hoping we stick with that kind of system for the rest of the season really to try it out ready for the Prem - I think with Drinkwater and James running the midfield, that more advanced role will be good for King; he just needs game time.

Nuge was class today. Brilliant burst of pace for his goal and you couldn't ask for, or achieve, a better finish. Top class that goal, and the build up too.

Hate to criticise in a season that has been so good for us, but I hope we don't take Dean Hammond to the Prem with us. Not been impressed with what I've seen of him - gives the ball away, massively lacks pace and seems quite dirty. Think his legs have gone really - reminds me of Wellens in his latter days here in some ways.

Good performance though if not spectacular - got the job done and weren't ever under any massive threat I felt.

Kranjcar showed his quality for them, don't know how he's in the Championship really. Although sounds like those kind of performances just don't happen enough for him, which I think is the same you could say for a lot of the QPR squad. Capable of good individual moments, but too many inconsistent players with bad attitudes. I'd be very surprised if they can make it through the playoffs.

He wore gloves today. Says it all.

He also has the name of a terrible car on the back of his shirt for some bizarre reason.

On the game. Again, not the best of games but we thoroughly deserved the 3 points imo.

QPR created a few half chances in the first half but we should have been 1 or 2 up anyway had Kingy been a bit sharper on a couple of occasions.

Fantastic finish from Nugent for the goal and also don't understand why he gets criticism as any other team in this league would have him in their team straight away. Excellent work rate combined with equally as good finishing and team work so not much more could be asked for really. Obviously he's not the best in the world but should he get a couple early on next season, I see no reason why he couldn't get 10 or so in the Prem looking at his last two finishes.

Champions is definitely just a formality now and we should push on to break the 100 point barrier now.

Last edited:
Harry's reaction to Assou -Ekottu being sent off was interesting. Many managers make a gesture of support to the player being sent off. Harry pointedly ignored him. I imagine the player will be told a few home truths in the dressing room.

Would certainly deserve to hear them - was there a shortage of shower gel in the QPR dressing room or something? Assou Ekotto wasn't the only one who seemed keen to get sent off, they had a few still jumping in for silly tackles when on bookings. BAE was the worst offender but I think it was Kranjcar who could've/should've gone too (the foul on Mahrez)

On the evidence of a couple of viewings live of Morrison and several on tv, if his attitude was guaranteed, I'd swap him for Knockaert like a shot. Morrison is far more creatively incisive.

In Morrison's 12 starts for a considerably worse team before today, he's scored 4 and set 2 up. Knockaert has 4 goals and 5 assists in 40 appearances.

I agree. I still believe Knockaert has a lot of potential. At the moment I think he needs to focus on doing the simple thing. It almost comes across as though he is trying too hard.

Put me in the Morrison admirer movement.

Every time I've ever seen him play he's basically took the piss. Hopefully he matures over the next few years and plays at a level his talent deserves. Not dissimilar to Pogba.

Last edited:
Riyad's play acting was embarrassing. All it took was for a QPR player to fart on him and he was down faster than a granny on a frosty morning.

What about that bloke at Wigan, is it 4 goals and umpteen assists in 10 games. waghorn, I think his name is.
As for Ravel (!) he is playing for QPR for a reason.
He may be good, but can't understand the love in

What about that bloke at Wigan, is it 4 goals and umpteen assists in 10 games. waghorn, I think his name is.

Very fair point. MW has 6 goals and 6 assists in 12 appearances for Wigan. He's made a remarkable impact there and I'm pleased for him.

Riyad's play acting was embarrassing. All it took was for a QPR player to fart on him and he was down faster than a granny on a frosty morning.

I've always been impressed with the way Mahrez conducts himself, always thought he picks himself up without making a fuss. If you are going to be targeted and kicked out of the game you need to have so sort of defense strategy to make your opposition question what they will be able to get away with.

It is often embarrassing to watch grown men falling over having been shot by the unseen sniper in the roof, after a coincidental outstretched arm and flick of a hand on the side of the face. In some cases I can see why players might try this tactic. I am a biased fan of Mahrez so I forgive him. What a great find!

Great win against these self-aggrandising bunch of egoists.

Surprised to see lots of empty seats yesterday given the occasion.

Most of the free seats were in the away end, I laughed when the QPR fans started singing about our ground being to big for us whilst pointing at their unsold seats. City did put some people in the seats where the away fans should have been.

There are a good number of our supporters nursing injuries at the moment. I'd be interested to see how your attendance would cope if you had that many supporter injuries.

There are a good number of our supporters nursing injuries at the moment. I'd be interested to see how your attendance would cope if you had that many supporter injuries.
Not bad actually. Just make sure you get to 11 points next year and try not to have a meltdown down like your lot did post Watford when I give it all back....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669