Leicester 1 Reading 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know - but I don't think so.

I disagree with your assessment of the gap between the divisions.

However, as I've said I think we have done great this season but can't see us being strong enough to actually get promoted through the play offs. So, I guess that we may never know which of us is right.

Unfortunately, there will be a limit to MM's willingness to subsidise and Pearson is likely to get drawn elsewhere if we don't get promoted and/ or be given a sizeable transfer kitty- so the future could be tricky. That's why it would be so beneficial to get promotion this season.

Fair enough. Some here seem to be adament we'll have a Derby like season if we go up though, which is a ridiculous thing to predict at this stage considering we haven't even seen who NP's summer signings are yet. For all we know at this stage he could pull off some more Hobbs/Berner/Morrison-esque bargains in the summer.

Last edited:
From Prediction league forum:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Eh? What does my prediction pre-match have to do with how the balance of the game went? :102:

Last edited:
Eh? What does my prediction pre-match have to do with how the balance of the game went? :102:

The game was just Donny at home all over again until they scored to be fair.

Nothing we didn't already know.

There's not a lot of difference between about 12 teams in this division once you get below the top three.

Pearson and the squad have done a great job this season by punching above our weight. We still have a good chance of getting into the play-offs but unlikely to get promotion.

If we do get promotion then we'll have a load more money......and be a racing certainty to come back down, when we will need to use the money sensibly re-build and try again.

Simple really.

I couldn't agree more. The problem, of course, is that if we do make the Prem, a sizeable number of our fans will expect us to be challenging for Europe!

I could see Pearson being hounded out and Milan influencing the signing of expensive players who will be a drag upon the finances and have no appetite for Championship football.

I couldn't agree more. The problem, of course, is that if we do make the Prem, a sizeable number of our fans will expect us to be challenging for Europe!

I could see Pearson being hounded out and Milan influencing the signing of expensive players who will be a drag upon the finances and have no appetite for Championship football.

:icon_roll Where have you got that idea from? A sizeable number, ffs! I'm pretty certain 99.99% of fans will be over the moon with 17th.

I could see Pearson staying replacing the players who aren't good enough to make the step up and us staying up just like Brum, Wolves and Stoke have all done/look to do in the past 2 seasons. Burnley would've also stayed up comfortably if they'd have kept Coyle imo.

Did any of them hound out their manager? Did WBA last season despite finishing bottom? Are our fans really more disillusioned then all of those sides. I very much doubt it. Did we hound Micky Adams out last time we were in the Prem and went down? Well, the following season in the Championship we did but not in the PL season.

I very much doubt the vast majority of our fans would want to see Pearson sacked if we were in the Premier League, even if we were cut adrift at the bottom.

Last edited:
:icon_roll Where have you got that idea from? A sizeable number, ffs! I'm pretty certain 99.99% of fans will be over the moon with 17th.

I could see Pearson staying replacing the players who aren't good enough to make the step up and us staying up just like Brum, Wolves and Stoke have all done/look to do in the past 2 seasons. Burnley would've also stayed up comfortably if they'd have kept Coyle imo.

Did any of them hound out their manager? Did WBA last season despite finishing bottom? Are our fans really more disillusioned then all of those sides. I very much doubt it. Did we hound Micky Adams out last time we were in the Prem and went down? Well, the following season in the Championship we did but not in the PL season.

I very much doubt the vast majority of our fans would want to see Pearson sacked if we were in the Premier League, even if we were cut adrift at the bottom.

:038:

Go to any forum for any club you choose, you will find the same moaning and whining.
Every club thinks that their fans are the most deluded in the country, when in actual fact it's just the same mix of pessimists, optimists and general mongies.

i'd be happy with a trip to wembley and some money in the bank

even finishing 7th may prompt mandy to back NP with a play off push next season

:038:

Go to any forum for any club you choose, you will find the same moaning and whining.
Every club thinks that their fans are the most deluded in the country, when in actual fact it's just the same mix of pessimists, optimists and general mongies.

Where did I suggest that Leicester City fans were worse than any other club's supporters? My gloom engulfs, not just followers of every football club, but the current lack of any understanding of the real World within my fellow man. :icon_bigg

Where did I suggest that Leicester City fans were worse than any other club's supporters?

I have no idea whether you did or not, I was responding to the Proffo

Fair enough. Some here seem to be adament we'll have a Derby like season if we go up though, which is a ridiculous thing to predict at this stage considering we haven't even seen who NP's summer signings are yet. For all we know at this stage he could pull off some more Hobbs/Berner/Morrison-esque bargains in the summer.

I admit to being a doom merchant.

My concern is that if we don't get promotion and that if MM doesnt give NP the money he needs to strengthen squad leading to NP leaving and us back to square 1.

Reading are the form side of the league so i did expect a tough game. We are way above where i expected us to be. However i couldnt get to grips with the fact Solano just kept twatting the ball with the outside of the the foot to nobody in particular but mainly the opposition. Waghorn who refused to attempt any headers at all apart from the one that went went in.Which meant us constantly giving the ball away. I cant fault Mc Givern as he is shite and cant help being picked. And finally Pearson who refuses to change anything at all even when he can see that its just not working.

Listening to the RL muppets, sounded like Tony Spearing had rejoined, as it appeared each time he had the ball they said "Spearing gives the ball away".

But how can you expect Waghorn to compete for headers when they have centre backs a good 5 or 6 ins bigger than him ....he needs it on the floor so he can turn people, but our midfield is still a complete shambles with hardly any movement forwards, Dyer could have been our matchwinner if he had utalised his dominance over there right back but sadly he moves off the wing to the inside left position far too much.....there was acres of space to be exploited last night on the left
Changes by management could have been made earlier and they might have made the difference between winning and losing

Wondered when you'd be back western road. Notice you weren't around while we were on that good run.

Wondered when you'd be back western road. Notice you weren't around while we were on that good run.

It ties in with the lack of noise at the ground doesn't it, the eternally gloomy are either moaning or silent, if they filled the silence by being as positive as they were negative the rest of the time we would get a lot more noise.

It ties in with the lack of noise at the ground doesn't it, the eternally gloomy are either moaning or silent, if they filled the silence by being as positive as they were negative the rest of the time we would get a lot more noise.

I think some people are far too positive Beighton.

A bit of negativity protects us from unrealised and possibly unrealisable expectations.

I think some people are far too positive Beighton.

A bit of negativity protects us from unrealised and possibly unrealisable expectations.

Not at all. I always see myself as a very optimistic person, but it doesn't mean I will start calling for Pearson's head when we're mid-table, or when we're not challenging for Europe if we go up.

In fact who is more likely to do that - the pessimists one's "protecting themselves against unrealisable expectations" who are already pointing out Pearson's mistake and lack of defensive conservativeness when we are 4th in the ****ing league having just been promoted.

Or the optimists who realise what a fantastic job Pearson is doing and praise his obvious plus points as a manager in the transfer market and in his ability to find average players rotting in other side's reserve teams and turn them into good players?

If we suddenly start a poor run of form, it will be the pessimists who start getting on the side's back for not fulfilling expectations, not the optimists.

Negativity doesn't protect from unrealisable expectations at all, it simply breeds more negativity.

Not at all. I always see myself as a very optimistic person, but it doesn't mean I will start calling for Pearson's head when we're mid-table, or when we're not challenging for Europe if we go up.

In fact who is more likely to do that - the pessimists one's "protecting themselves against unrealisable expectations" who are already pointing out Pearson's mistake and lack of defensive conservativeness when we are 4th in the ****ing league having just been promoted.

Or the optimists who realise what a fantastic job Pearson is doing and praise his obvious plus points as a manager in the transfer market and in his ability to find average players rotting in other side's reserve teams and turn them into good players?

If we suddenly start a poor run of form, it will be the pessimists who start getting on the side's back for not fulfilling expectations, not the optimists.

Negativity doesn't protect from unrealisable expectations at all, it simply breeds more negativity.

Top Top Post :038::038:

Besides, what's wrong with having unrealisable expectations? Expectations do not have to be met. They can simply be used as motivation to get better. I'm pretty sure you ask anyone who calls themselves optimistic if their expectations and ambitions in life have been met and they'll say no, but it doesn't matter. Ask any pessimist and they'll either have really low expectations which have all been met or beat themselves up for not meeting higher expectations.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory." - Bill Nicholson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670