Leicester 1 Reading 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want him, I really, really do. Sometimes I remember the walking trips I would have with HF in the Highlands, just me and HF, he would throw down a rug on a thistle and I would tenderly cuckle his gladdys. Happy days, but now he has gone it's only Alex I want.....

I may have to go soon...

Besides, what's wrong with having unrealisable expectations? Expectations do not have to be met. They can simply be used as motivation to get better. I'm pretty sure you ask anyone who calls themselves optimistic if their expectations and ambitions in life have been met and they'll say no, but it doesn't matter. Ask any pessimist and they'll either have really low expectations which have all been met or beat themselves up for not meeting higher expectations.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory." - Bill Nicholson
Spot on, and I like this way of thinking. I'm going out tonight with the full expectation of pulling a supermodel. When I'm back home later on, all alone, wanking myself to sleep, I won't be too dissappointed. In fact, at least I'll be getting some action, so it'll be something of a moral victory! :icon_cool

Pearson might be doing a great job off the pitch but on it he sometimes doesn’t seem to have a clue.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we 4th in the league because of what we've done on the pitch? There must be 20 managers who have even less of a clue...

Spot on, and I like this way of thinking. I'm going out tonight with the full expectation of pulling a supermodel. When I'm back home later on, all alone, wanking myself to sleep, I won't be too dissappointed. In fact, at least I'll be getting some action, so it'll be something of a moral victory! :icon_cool

:icon_lol:

Seen the highlights, was a penalty and Weale couldn't have got it, so I retract that (he still had a mare though). Still can't see how Kingy blames McGivern for the penalty, there's no way he should have got past Hobbs so easily in the first place and then Solano brought him down.
You're an idiot. One of the two things you say he did wrong you retracted anyway. The other error, you blamed him for, he actually did. He did close down the layers who shot, but he beat him with the shot he closed down. So he made no real mistakes at all, plus a world class save. But you're right he had a mare!!

Now yesterday's error was not too clever.......

I can, and I just did. His criticism of Weale on Tuesday was not justified or fair. That is my opinion

I can, and I just did. His criticism of Weale on Tuesday was not justified or fair. That is my opinion

Weale could have dealt with both situations differently. He chose not to, and he made those choices in the heat of the moment because his instinct told him they were the right choices. In hindsight, they weren't. That doesn't mean Weale's a bad keeper, or even that he had a bad game, but I stand by my assertion that Beighton's not an idiot.

You're an idiot. One of the two things you say he did wrong you retracted anyway. The other error, you blamed him for, he actually did. He did close down the layers who shot, but he beat him with the shot he closed down. So he made no real mistakes at all, plus a world class save. But you're right he had a mare!!

Now yesterday's error was not too clever.......

He didn't close him down anywhere near quick enough, he should have been on Kebe when he had his back to goal.

What about the dropped ball halfway through the second half that they should have scored from? Weale is a good keeper, but had a bad game against Reading and is nowhere near world class.

:018: You can say that for a lot of people on here, me included (although I prefer 'tosser'), but not Beights.

Shucks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673