Leicester 1 Reading 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading are a good side but we were poor, should have really gone ahead before they scored but oh well still seven points clear of seventh.

Ah but it's ok to blame McGivern for it all cos he's shit.

My mate said after Morrison launched that ball which went over McGivern's head by about 3 foot that it was his fault cos he wasn't 7ft tall.

He was joking, but the idiots behind us weren't.

Ha, I remember that, a bloke behind me was convinced that Solano could have brought down that pass!

So much for being scared of you lot catching us up :081:

So much for being scared of you lot catching us up :081:

:102: It would only really be an issue if you could make it into the automatic spots.

I've kind of missed the boat with this thread but nobody has pointed out the most blantantly obvious thing from last night. The players were knackered.

Most of them were playing unrealistic balls because they were too tired to do the hard work. The energy in midfield was really poor, Gallagher and Waghorn were leggy and Solano virtually strolled the entire 90 mins. Dyer stood out because he was the only player with any running in him.

NP made a mistake. A easy mistake to make but a mistake nonetheless. There needed to be at least five changes last night to freshen things up.

And, McGivern was awful. On Sunday, he was fine but untested. Against a decent right winger last night, he was a total liability. However, Weale did take the prize for biggest let down of the evening. He had a shocker. We were lucky to still be in it in injury time, as Reading missed several clear chances. Virtually every chance they had were handed on a plate by either of these two.

Presumed you missed that world class save he did then second half? None of his actions contributed to our defeat IMO. And I'm not one of his greatest fans truth be told

But how can you expect Waghorn to compete for headers when they have centre backs a good 5 or 6 ins bigger than him ....he needs it on the floor so he can turn people, but our midfield is still a complete shambles with hardly any movement forwards, Dyer could have been our matchwinner if he had utalised his dominance over there right back but sadly he moves off the wing to the inside left position far too much.....there was acres of space to be exploited last night on the left
Changes by management could have been made earlier and they might have made the difference between winning and losing

Exactly. N'Guessan should have gone up top with Waggy on the right. Pearson might be doing a great job off the pitch but on it he sometimes doesn’t seem to have a clue. McGivern was worse than bad so why not bring Brown on and go 3 at the back with Solano and Dyer wingbacks the usual 3 in the middle with any 2 forwards you like-N'Guessan and Waggy for me.

Presumed you missed that world class save he did then second half? None of his actions contributed to our defeat IMO. And I'm not one of his greatest fans truth be told

Yes they did. On the first goal he should have either gone out to their player himself or been shouting at the less experienced McGivern to, they were both as culpable in that. And as I mentioned elsewhere, until I see a replay, I am convinced that had he been more aware he could have got to Church's knock through in plenty of time to avoid Solano having to try to tackle him.

Exactly. N'Guessan should have gone up top with Waggy on the right. Pearson might be doing a great job off the pitch but on it he sometimes doesn’t seem to have a clue. McGivern was worse than bad so why not bring Brown on and go 3 at the back with Solano and Dyer wingbacks the usual 3 in the middle with any 2 forwards you like-N'Guessan and Waggy for me.

When their wingers were playing so well, changing to a 3 at the back and playing wing-backs would only have exasperated the problem imo.

I dunno how Pearson can be said not to have a clue on Weds, when Berner is out we don't have anyone else to play LB bar McGivern due to lack of funds. Wingbacks leave you too exposed down the wings which are generally the main attacking threat in this division, so playing 3 at the back is suicide in this division, hence why nobody ever plays it or has done for years.

I don't know how he could've changed his defence that much really, bar bringing Brown on and moving Morrison to RB, but he tried that on Sunday and it didn't work, so there's no surprise he didn't try it again on Wednesday.

Last edited:
McGivern awful again...

I made a point to watch this guy closely, he gets a lot of stick even if he has a good game so i wanted to be fair and just see what he brings to the team.

The answer ? - Nothing.

His positioning is woeful, he could be blamed for both goals. He's good in a scrappy tackleand thats about it, you can't rely on that to defend at this level.

Berner may not have his pace, but good god he knows a hell of a lot more about how to close down and keep players out of the game.

I made a point to watch this guy closely, he gets a lot of stick even if he has a good game so i wanted to be fair and just see what he brings to the team.

The answer ? - Nothing.

His positioning is woeful, he could be blamed for both goals. He's good in a scrappy tackleand thats about it, you can't rely on that to defend at this level.

Berner may not have his pace, but good god he knows a hell of a lot more about how to close down and keep players out of the game.

How do you blame him for the second?

Seen the highlights, was a penalty and Weale couldn't have got it, so I retract that (he still had a mare though). Still can't see how Kingy blames McGivern for the penalty, there's no way he should have got past Hobbs so easily in the first place and then Solano brought him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669