Post Match Leicester 1 Sunderland 0

Sometimes.

For example, I'm all in favour of the yellow card Ricardo took with a cynical pull back last night. I'm also a strong advocate for complaining to officials. I thoroughly enjoyed Iheanacho clapping the ref sarcastically.

I see a difference between those sorts of things and basic cheating which is what diving is. Diving is so common now and we've had our fair share of exponents of it. But ever since Erland Johnsen cruelly cheated us, I've had a hatred of its consequences and can't stand it when Vardy and co. do it.

I don't know if this arbitrary line is reasonable or not but it's where I am.
Flipping heck BN, watch the clip again and you'll see Fatawu's shirt being stretched right across his body. Of course his legs didn't stop working but the hold of his shirt prevented him from getting away from his man and potentially setting up a goal. It was a blatant foul. In my book a player has two options here, either go to ground or just stop running and hold their hands up in appeal. Most players go to ground as they know it's the most effective way of convincing the referee that they've been fouled.

1000018161.png

Flipping heck BN, watch the clip again and you'll see Fatawu's shirt being stretched right across his body. Of course his legs didn't stop working but the hold of his shirt prevented him from getting away from his man and potentially setting up a goal. It was a blatant foul. In my book a player has two options here, either go to ground or just stop running and hold their hands up in appeal. Most players go to ground as they know it's the most effective way of convincing the referee that they've been fouled.

View attachment 18150

Meh. I saw it live from the Kop and I saw a replay of it. From both views I agreed with the ref and both views I had were better than his.

Still images are not reliable. Maybe he didn't let go when it looked like he did but it really didn't look that way.

When you don't have VAR, and most people seem very happy about that, you have to rely on the view of the referee.

Just like his call not to give Sunderland a penalty for the challenge from Faes, you have to accept it's fair enough. It's not obvious from his view that Faes doesn't touch the ball.

I think many of you are still using a PL mentality to incidents, where endless replays and analysis is normal.

As the ref tried to do constantly last night, just stop fussing and get on with it.

Meh. I saw it live from the Kop and I saw a replay of it. From both views I agreed with the ref and both views I had were better than his.

Still images are not reliable. Maybe he didn't let go when it looked like he did but it really didn't look that way.

When you don't have VAR, and most people seem very happy about that, you have to rely on the view of the referee.

Just like his call not to give Sunderland a penalty for the challenge from Faes, you have to accept it's fair enough. It's not obvious from his view that Faes doesn't touch the ball.

I think many of you are still using a PL mentality to incidents, where endless replays and analysis is normal.

As the ref tried to do constantly last night, just stop fussing and get on with it.
The ref didn't see the foul by Faes (hence he didn't give it) but he saw the foul by the Sunderland player as clear as day. His error was not giving it inside the box as that's where the foul became so significant that it stopped Fatawu from progressing. I remember seeing Fatawu's collar being stretched so far that you could see his undergarment so clearly. Both should have been a penalty, absolutely certain of that. Also, still images are absolutely reliable when you can see his jersey so mishaped. Surely you can accept that.

Finally, there is no PL mentality from me. Its just pointed out the absolute obvious. This coming from someone who played centre back and got frustrated by the number of soft penalties that were given against me.

It was very clearly a penalty. Sorry mate.

Just a thought, aren't we rightly critical when the referee goes over to the pitch-side monitor and the first thing he see's is a still image, before being shown a video of the decision being checked.

For once BN is right (not about whether it's a penalty or not, obviously)

This season is a breath of fresh air without VAR, and fully worth every hopeless refereeing decision you may get.

Just shrug your shoulders and accept it for what you gain in return

It’s okay shrugging your shoulders and saying get on with it.

To be able to do that you need a ref with some level of competency .
Can’t say we got that last night

This season is a breath of fresh air without VAR, and fully worth every hopeless refereeing decision you may get.

I totally agree with the sentiment that a lack of VAR is refreshing and welcome. My point was that the Fatawu incident was a stonewall penalty. That's all.

Just a thought, aren't we rightly critical when the referee goes over to the pitch-side monitor and the first thing he see's is a still image, before being shown a video of the decision being checked.
would you like to see the video?

View attachment 18150
This was excactly the screen shot I saw when my live 'stream' froze. I couldn't believe a penalty had not been given, when a few seconds later, the 'stream' restarted.
Looking at it agin, he nearly pulled the shirt off his back.

Aye. VAR may not have given either pen anyway as they'd probably think the ref is their mate etc etc.

I'm not certain he did but think the sky commentator said something along the lines of "the foul started outside of the box" as a reason for giving a freekick rather than a pen. If that is the rule (it's obviously not) then what's stopping anyone holding a player's shorts then giving them an arse wedge as soon as they hit the line?

Just like his call not to give Sunderland a penalty for the challenge from Faes, you have to accept it's fair enough.
You don't have to accept it's fair enough. You do have to accept that, though wrong, it has happened.
I'm not sure what the ref was constantly trying to do; I thought he had an appalling time, probably disadvantaged both teams about equally and did nothing for the spectacle. But in the end, I do agree with you. It has happened; nothing is going to change that. We have to get on with it.

Thanks for the unnecessary insults.

The foul didn't continue in the area at all. The contact was outside and the defender let go (sensibly) once they reached the line. Apart from that, you're spot on.
No he didn't. Watch it again. It continues well into the area. I can take a screen grab and pop a lovely red circle on it if that helps?

It was as blatant a penalty as the one Faes should have been penalised for. Applying some sort of nonsense code about which form of cheating is acceptable and which isn't, doesn't alter the laws of the game or what actually happened.

Still, like you say, move on. It's really not something to fret about.

I have only just recovered from the bastard walk back to the car which, during the game, seemed to have develop an electricity leak as, when I left it, there it had 122 miles of range left and when I came back it was 34 so I had to charge the **** on the way home. Two weeks old this piece of donkey dick so Tesla had it dumped on their doorstep this morning and the wife lost her car privileges. I'm having to drive a Peugeot....

Anyway, back to the game. We weren't great but I don't care because it was a cracking watch. Casadei was rubbish in the first half but much, much better in the second. He absolutely should have scored his first chance though. Ricardo was super throughout and his energy was exceptional. Faes was also good but it was only because the referee was so unimaginably appalling throughout, he didn't give away a penalty. MotM was Vestergaard; he has been our most consistent player this season and a really asset.

Fatawu was good but a lot of the stuff he tried didn't come off. When it did though, he was a real handful so i dont mind him trying new things at all. The same can be said of Mavididi. Fatawu absolutely should have had a penalty, it was as clear as day to (nearly) everyone in the ground hence the chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' but, once again, the referee didn't understand the laws of the game.

Finally, Iheanacho. ****ing hell he was completely shit. Passing the ball directly out for a throw in on more than one occasion, being in totally the wrong positions time after time, making little to no runs for the midfield.... it was just a terrible performance again. I said in the last thread, he is at his very best as an impact sub; I know we don't have that luxury because of Vardy's age and Daka's flappage of ineptitude so I'm hoping Canon is fit soon.

I have only just recovered from the bastard walk back to the car which, during the game, seemed to have develop an electricity leak as, when I left it, there it had 122 miles of range left and when I came back it was 34 so I had to charge the **** on the way home. Two weeks old this piece of donkey dick so Tesla had it dumped on their doorstep this morning and the wife lost her car privileges. I'm having to drive a Peugeot....

Anyway, back to the game. We weren't great but I don't care because it was a cracking watch. Casadei was rubbish in the first half but much, much better in the second. He absolutely should have scored his first chance though. Ricardo was super throughout and his energy was exceptional. Faes was also good but it was only because the referee was so unimaginably appalling throughout, he didn't give away a penalty. MotM was Vestergaard; he has been our most consistent player this season and a really asset.

Fatawu was good but a lot of the stuff he tried didn't come off. When it did though, he was a real handful so i dont mind him trying new things at all. The same can be said of Mavididi. Fatawu absolutely should have had a penalty, it was as clear as day to (nearly) everyone in the ground hence the chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' but, once again, the referee didn't understand the laws of the game.

Finally, Iheanacho. ****ing hell he was completely shit. Passing the ball directly out for a throw in on more than one occasion, being in totally the wrong positions time after time, making little to no runs for the midfield.... it was just a terrible performance again. I said in the last thread, he is at his very best as an impact sub; I know we don't have that luxury because of Vardy's age and Daka's flappage of ineptitude so I'm hoping Canon is fit soon.
‘Yah, got a Tesla. Bloody nice bit of kit actually, charge that puppy up and head down to Centre Parcs for a long weekend. Takeaway latte in the cup holder and Dire Straits on the sound system. Yah bloody great’

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563