Leicester 1 - WBA 4 (Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Individual player marks from the Mail online (assuming they actually had a journalist at the game). They thought Abe was our star guy.

MATCH FACTSLEICESTER CITY (4-1-4-1): Logan 4; Neilson 5 (Lamey 70min, 6), Vitor 6, Morrison 6, Berner 5; Abe 8; Dyer 6 (Wellens 53, 6), King 6 (Fryatt 67, 6), Moussa 7, Gallagher 7; Howard 6. Subs (not used): Weale, Teixeira, Hobbs.
Booked: Howard, Vitor.
WEST BROMWICH (4-1-4-1): Myhill 6; Zuiverloon 6, Meite 5, Pablo 6, Cech 6 (Shorey, 46, 6); Reid 7; Barnes 8, Dorrans 6, Cox 7, Tchoyi 6; Bednar 6 (Miller 85). Subs (not used): Carson, Mattock, Mantom, Jara, Tamas.

Booked: Meite.

Man of the match: Giles Barnes.
Referee: Anthony Taylor 6.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lled-form-Baggies-run-riot.html#ixzz13ZrwyoDT

Disappointing result, obviously.

We had our chances in the first half, but failed to convert them. Howard and Gallagher mostly at fault there.

Shame Dyer had to be substituted. With him we lost our main threat going forward. IF... IF Fryatt had actually managed to shoot directly twice instead of fondling with the ball in the second half upon his substitution, we MIGHT have gotten something out of it.

But THAT goalkeeper error shall haunt Conrad Logan for a long time to come. For the amount of years he's been at the club (probably the longest-serving member of them all, if I'm not mistaken), that was plain silly. Granted, even Van Der Sar has a bad day occasionally, but I thought Logan had improved a little over the years and was expecting a little bit more dominance in the box and consistency.

Yet, you're not good enough. Sven ought to look for a replacement in January, and Conrad should seek a loan move.

After the second goal from the Baggies, I gather we simply stopped playing. Which is a shame, given the fact that a lot of so-called "fringe players" had a great opportunity to shine. Most of them failed, besides Logan notably Lamey, Morrison, Gallagher. And Berner was found out a little too often - is it the age or the newly-born kid that has him play with less focus?

On the positive side, Moussa appears to turn into a real gem at a bargain price. Versatile and currently really enjoying his time under Sven. And I think Abe didn't play too badly, either.

HOWEVER, again no goal from a set-piece... More than one hundred opportunities and still counting. And no - that's no joke. This is a really, really bad record.

At the moment, we're as much an attacking threat as are my grandma's dentures in a glass of water.

You are talking far too much sense for someone who wasn't there!:icon_razz

For me the worst thing was the reception they gave that murderer.

That's cos they are all a bunch of wassocks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669