Post Match Leicester 1 West Bromwich Albion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that there are some even worse teams than us in the league.

Could have been top half of table - now only 2 points above the relegation zone - can we look forward to another great escape?

The problem we've got is that teams know how to play against us in the Premier League by now.

The masterstroke by Poolis today was getting their players to wear WBA shirts. Must have sussed that guaranteed we'd pass to them have a quarter of the pitch unmarked.

We did not play that badly. Mahrez and Drinkwater and Fuchs were good.

Musa and Gray are settling in. Mahrez and Vardy were here 18 months+ before they became good.

Nobody wanted to or could get a shot on target. It will not go in the boys if you do not shoot it at the net!

Why are so many of our fans absolute fickle ****s?

Depends what you mean by fickle? If you mean buggering off when things get tough & then coming back when we're winning it's because they're bellends & were never fans in the first place. If you mean people who tear into the team when they let us down (as most on here including me do) then fickle is the wrong word. I may moan bitch & get irate...but I've been doing that since 1975 & I'm still here :) The opposite of fickle I'd say. I'll probably continue til the day I die too.

Slimani might be part of the problem. He's great in the air, so maybe there's that temptation there to put in one to many crosses. Mahrez seems to opt for a lofted cross as opposed to trying to beat his man more than he did last season.. other players too. I think Ranieri needs to nip this in the bud.. we are so much better when we try playing the passing game - got to get back to that. Unfortunately, for all Slimani's threat in the air - West Brom are renowned as also being good in the air....

Has always been this way. The booing at the end of the game today was ridiculous.

True. though it's a fairly spontaneous reaction and given that serving of shit in isolation it would be justified. it's impossible to tell if it's our confidence that's gone to shit but if it is then the boos aren't likely to have a positive impact.

Surely we all saw this result coming? Five out of the six teams that played in Europe in midweek didn't win this weekend. We looked tired mentally and physically and Albion are exactly the sort of team you don't want to face in these circumstances.

Our fans were getting on the Albion players backs for time wasting which I thought was a bit rich. We wasted time for the entire first half and nobody seemed too bothered. We needed to start the game with a high tempo and we did the opposite. Pulis must have been delighted with us.

The first goal we let in was woeful defending from Fuchs. He did feck all yet again to prevent the cross and leave his man in acres of space. The second goal has been coming. I've said it before but Drinkwater is playing far too deep and eventually one of his passes was going to go astray. The worst player on the pitch throughout was King who put in the worst midfield performance from a City player for a couple of seasons. He was joined in the second half by the utter non-entity that is Vardy. What exactly was the point of bringing him on? Hopefully, he's not picked for England and can be sent on holiday for a couple of weeks to try to discover his appetite for the game again.

Mahrez was superb. Usually double-marked but always threatening. What a wonderful talent he is. Simpson, yet again, was our best defender. Zieler made a superb save in the first half and did little wrong.

Overall, top marks to Albion. They did a perfect job on us.

Thoroughly deserved three points for West Brom

We were truly piss poor.

Can't say any more, because that would be too fickle

Poor today.
Morgan and Huth get no safe or consistent outlet from King, and nearly all of our problems and lack of structure stems entirely from that.
Panicked passing between the centre backs and full backs and then Drinkwater has to come deep and take the ball of the centre backs to stop us ****ing up.
This in turn means that Drinkwater can't do what he does best and link up with Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy etc. Which makes them look worse.
If we don't find a replacement for Kante we'll have to overhaul the side wholesale and abandon the style of play. If we remember, before Kante was signed pretty much this same group of players was playing exactly this type of football and had to change to 352 and go shit or bust to stay up...

One short term fix is to go 343 for me like Conte and Guardiola are playing

This may not be the worst performance of the season by a long chalk but the manner of this defeat is awful. Just mistake after mistake with no quality at all in the final third. A really poor result and one which sets alarm bells ringing a little.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; sentiment aside, Andy King shouldn't be within a country mile of the starting eleven. He was totally anonymous once more today. I also think we saw today why Gray hasn't been getting game time; his crossing was dreadful.

It's strange; I don't see in Slimani what others seem to. Yes, he can head well enough but with the ball at his feet he offers little more than Ulloa and ifnwe are honest Ulloa offers next to nothing. Is he really that much of an improvement.

Still, we won't be relegated and we have the CL to keep us entertained so I guess it's not all bad...... although right now it is hard to remain upbeat![/QUOTE
This may not be the worst performance of the season by a long chalk but the manner of this defeat is awful. Just mistake after mistake with no quality at all in the final third. A really poor result and one which sets alarm bells ringing a little.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; sentiment aside, Andy King shouldn't be within a country mile of the starting eleven. He was totally anonymous once more today. I also think we saw today why Gray hasn't been getting game time; his crossing was dreadful.

It's strange; I don't see in Slimani what others seem to. Yes, he can head well enough but with the ball at his feet he offers little more than Ulloa and ifnwe are honest Ulloa offers next to nothing. Is he really that much of an improvement.

Still, we won't be relegated and we have the CL to keep us entertained so I guess it's not all bad...... although right now it is hard to remain upbeat!
I'm glad 'we won't be relegated' cause personnally I was rather concerned that we could be.

Players are mentally and physically knackered.

Probably not equipped to compete effectively in the PL whilst playing in the CL.

Difficult decisions lie ahead.......on balance probably best left for Ranieri. Not convinced that our resident experts know better.

Angry wasn't the word for watching Drinkwater today, doesn't help by being surrounded by people that think England would have won the Euro's had they picked him this summer.

I'm sick to death of seeing him lump the ball forward aimlessly giving the strikers zero chance to do anything with it, its that or firing a pass back at someone that just passed to him as they have 2 players up their arse putting them under immense pressure immediately and who he was trying to pass to for the winner today I'm not sure as I don't think we had a player in the same post code as his "pass".

To make my anger worse I have already seen people try and blame Zieler, as if he had much chance with either goal

I also think we saw today why Gray hasn't been getting game time; his crossing was dreadful.

I thought he was better than Musa, who seems to duck out of any challenge. Yes a few of his crosses went astray but at least he went looking for the ball instead of hiding away.

And if you look at each players first 30 mins of action today, Gray's must be up there as one of the best. Such was how poor the rest of them were.

Drinkwater looked tired. Forgetting the mistake, that was the worst he has played for the last couple of seasons. At least he can have a rest for a couple of weeks now, as surely he won't be in the England team if Southgate was watching.

Mahrez and Simpson were the shining lights in my opinion.

Mahrez showed lots of quality in the final 3rd i think . i think he probably beat 10 or so players in the game in total, got an assist and put in multiple teasing balls including one where King could choose either side of the goal but headed straight at the goalie.
Lady next to me was constantly deriding him, but he's or best player by about 1000 miles.
He made some poor decisions and looks frustrated at times, but to say he doesn't show quality in the final 3rd would be very wrong.

Now - if you were to say Ulloa doesn't show quality in the final 3rd, then i'd be listening. When he hesitated, turned and booted it out of play on the right when there was a simple pass down the side of the CB to a brilliant Vardy run I was 'less than pleased'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669