Post Match Leicester 1 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeaky bum or what!

Vardy my MOTM.

Good job they were shitter than us!

Played well first half - nice goal from Vardy. A combination of decent defending and poor finishing from Wolves meant we saw it home in second half.

screenshot_20210815-010357_chrome-jpg.16271
It was a lovely header with his left foot.

God I hate playing Wolves, horrible team.

To come away with three points and no injuries is something, not that the ref was bothered about penalising their constant fouling.

Good performance over all, always a close thing against them yet we usually just seem to shade it and nick the points. We just about deserved it today, first half we were far and away the better side and even in the second when Wolves were in it more they looked most threatening when our own mistakes allowed them to.

Mixed feelings about Vestergaard. I wasn't convinced by the signing and I'm still not now. He's better on the ball than I expected, but bizarrely, was very poor aerially for someone of his height.

Good performance over all, always a close thing against them yet we usually just seem to shade it and nick the points. We just about deserved it today, first half we were far and away the better side and even in the second when Wolves were in it more they looked most threatening when our own mistakes allowed them to.

Mixed feelings about Vestergaard. I wasn't convinced by the signing and I'm still not now. He's better on the ball than I expected, but bizarrely, was very poor aerially for someone of his height.
To be fair, half an hour is enough time to judge the success or failure of his signing.

Vardy best player on the pitch, what a goal. Youri and Cags superb as well.

We were really quite poor at the end. Vestegaard didn’t do his job, really. Neither did Soumare. I’m sure both will improve.

Amartey did little to solidify his place in the side.

I think we’ve nicked that to be honest, but given the injuries to our back line we cant expect us to be fully up and running yet.

To be honest I feel encouraged. There have been recent seasons where we would have failed today. Okay we haven’t lost against them since 2007 but we faired worse against worse. Lots of our team are still finding their feet but I have faith in Brendan. Vardy seems to be finding his form again and Tielemans sounded scary. Harvey needs to net to get his old form back. I only listened on Radio Leicester so just taking what I heard. We were squeaky towards the end but I believe we won a fair bit on one - nothing wins

Quick note on our record when winning our first game of the season. Before today, we've done it three times in the last nine seasons.

2013/14 - Championship Winners
2015/16 - Premier League Winners
2020/21 - FA Cup Winners
2021/22 - ?

Haven't seen the game, so can't comment on performance.

But it's great to start with a win, no matter how narrow, is always good. And to keep a clean sheet with what is probably our 4th choice centre back and 4th choice left back starting is decent work too

On the game itself, it was a story of fitness. Or lack of it.

We top loaded our energy whereas Wolves tried to pace themselves. As a result, we dominated the first half and looked good, as we did against Villareal and Man City in the first half. We faded quite badly though. Our energy just seemed to be gone when the second half began.

In pre-season Wolves have been much better as games have gone on and today was the same.

The other factor was Craig Pawson who looked like he'd rolled off the sofa after being there for three months. If I was being polite, I'd say he was short of fitness. If I was saying what I was in the ground, he was a fecking mess.

Ricardo was excellent, Thomas too in the first half but he tired so badly. Amartey did three brain farts in the match and we were very lucky to get away with them. Thankfully, we were playing Wolves and not a better side. I felt for Vestergaard having to go on with no fitness at all but his passing stood out and he's a class above Amartey.

Soumare is another big fecker. We have a big team now so should be using that advantage. I thought Perez and Maddison were lightweight and, frankly, piss poor. Barnes made some poor decisions in good positions.

Vardy was easily the best player we had. He won the match with a wonderful finish and he ran his heart out. I said in the Vardy thread that I would be looking today to see if he's a different animal in front of a crowd and he clearly was. A booking, a great goal, a load of abuse to the ref and opposition fans. Love it.

We got away with it though. We didn't deserve to win.

Soooooo good to back. Forgotten how ****ing wonderful it all is, but it really is ****ing ace.

Sadly spoilt by a pretty poor game of football. Perez was just completely ****ing hopeless, and Maddison not far behind him.

I’m afraid Amartey just isn’t good enough to play in this team, and that’s that. If we are starting lots of matches with him and that total **** Perez, then this is going to be a tough watch all season. Thank the good Lord that Traore couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

Vardy was just simply fantastic - hopefully silencing the stupids who think he’s finished. Ricky P also bang on the money, along with Tielemans and Ndidi. God they are good players.

Thomas really struggled in that second half when they pressed high. Barnes a few weeks off it yet, methinks

Nacho coming on made a massive difference in my opinion. He and Vardy together look so threatening, even though Vardy had ran his bollocks off by that point.

Vestergaard and Soumare looked a bit like rabbits in the headlights. Much improvement to be seen in both of them.

We got out of jail, and got the three points (somehow), and that’ll do nicely.

But the real story is being back in a full stadium, shouting and screaming and singing like an idiot. And especially shouting at the total **** of a ref, who seemed to think it was some sort of pre season friendly. Hopeless twat

****ing hell, I’ve missed it. I’ve missed it bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570