Post Match Leicester 2-0 Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all this balls about feeling sorry for Cov? Screw them, when they get relegated it will be no less than they deserve and sweet revenge for when they took the piss out of us after they survived by the skin of their teeth at our expense those few years ago. Coventry is a funny one for me, it doesn't feel like a rivalry so much but I still fecking hate them, maybe this is to do with my experiences with Cov fans. We have a few at work, the older ones are the ones you can have a good chat about the match with but I really hate the younger element Cov chavs who's vocabulary generally seems to be limited to the word 'inbred'.

I can assure you many of them don't, my family is from Coventry, most of them are football fans and I lived that way for many years, there is little historic rivalry with Leicester. The younger fans (post 30 years in the top flight) may be coming round to the fact that Birmingham or Leicester will have do as main rivals but there certainly isn't a real derby feel for many.

Absolutely right, I've lived in the area too, never has been - except of course in and around Hinckley .

There's something a bit different about Coventry to Leicester, Derby and the Forest - except for fairly brief periods their fan base and support has not been particularly good.

They are for the most part just another group of thugs looking for a ruck, no different to those labelled hooligans. The only difference is that they get to wear a costume, can legally use weapons and they get paid overtime for a fun afternoon venting their aggression

I am sure "those labelled hooligans" would agree with every word you have written.

They are going to look funny in that stadium with crowds of 10,000 next season.

Can't see it working out for them.

Going to look funny...

coventry-city.png

Coventry

barnsley.png

• 90 +5
  • HT 0-0

Ref: D'Urso
Att: 13,928

Going to look funny...

You're right - it does look funny. Perhaps you shouldn't have copy-and-pasted in this instance.

So Cov don't see us as rivals yet they brought more fans to the kp than any home game this season!?

That was their cup final this season and I dont care what anyone who used to live there or has family from there says as I know I am right.

Um, wasn't Beckford's goal offside? Just saying, like.

I am sure "those labelled hooligans" would agree with every word you have written.

Yes, I'm quite sure they would. As would the sizeable majority of fans that are not labelled as hooligans, yet are still treated as such by the thugs in blue.

Some tough tough games ahead...Reading, Brum, Blackpool, Forest, Hull.

Miles - we ususally raise our game against the better teams, and struggle to deal with the lower-end teams.

Hopefully we gained some confidence from the last two performances and get stuck in to the big boys

Was Danns's enthusiasm for the penalty down to him wanting to score, or just because he wanted to advertise his own business?

I'm thinking of unfollowing him. That'll teach him not to keep twattering on about it.

Says the bloke who has never sent a twatter in his life :icon_bigg

I've been known to throw the odd twat around, here and there, but that still doesn't explain about Danns-danns-danns-yourselfDizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669