Post Match Leicester 2-0 Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coventry were dire. Was a bit of a walk in the park really.

Dyer and Wellens best two players on the pitch for me. Fair play to them, both have been fantastic recently after much criticism (including from myself) earlier in the season.

Still yet to be convinced by Marshall though. Looks a bit naive at this level. Still early days though.

Wellens - 6. Not sure why he was Alan Young's man of the match. Didn't think he was particularly impressive today.
Dyer - 6. Some useful runs, but nothing to write home about

Funny how pwoplw see games differently. I thought everything good we did yesterday came through either Dyer or Wellens. Especially through Dyer in the first half.

Last edited:
Can anyone give more info on Konchesky's red? I saw it briefly on The Football League show and didn't see what it was for and they never replayed it.

What a terrible set of highlights we had. They didn't show this again, they randomly showed some replay of Howard getting his arm in that had no consequence on the action, and they got the number of goals Nugent has scored wrong.

glyn said:
Number of goals Nugent has scored wrong.

Seems to be a lot of poor reporting regarding us and lately I have noticed it. On itv not only did Adrian chiles claim we came from behind to beat Norwich but another pundit make the mistake of calling our stadium the walkers. Fair enough mistake, but not one that should be made on national television. I'd be fuming if I were king power.

Funny how pwoplw see games differently. I thought everything good we did yesterday came through either Dyer or Wellens. Especially through Dyer in the first half.

My new concern regarding Dyer is that his head is gradually disappearing into his shoulders. He needs to change his workout regime to focus less on this area and more on his spindly legs.

i agree Matt ..starting to look like Gladstone "no neck" Small, hes playing well though (considering theres nobody really challenging him for the left wibg position)

Dyer has been very good to watch recently. It's as though somebody has taught him how to kick the ball. Wellens is also much improved, although I think he'd be even better with Drinkwater alongside him and I still don't think he is good enough to be part of a promotion winning side which is what we all want to be. Credit where it's due, though. I like what I've seen of Marshall so far. He hasn't had a massive impact and he tries to cut inside a bit much for my liking, but his delivery of the ball is very good. Given time I think he'll be an asset to the club. A word of praise for Wes Morgan, too. He looks very solid at the back and seems to compliment St. Ledger's style beautifully. I reckon things are taking shape very nicely indeed.

"These people" have attended games throughout the entire history of the sport, and have often been in the majority. Football seems to have held up pretty well so far, so I don't think the future of football is in much danger. Certainly not from that quarter at least.

You are absolutely right - it goes right back and if we're honest it's part of the fabric of the game and i would dare to say part of the attraction to many for whom football allegiance provides the main bit of glamour in their lives and/ or an opportunity to gang up with their mates against a common 'enemy'.

It's a waste of breath moralising about the matter. What i find interesting is that it got worse after the general segregation of supporters which I guess happened sometime in the 1960's. As a kid standing on the (non- segregated) Popular Side terraces of Filbert Street I can't remember any such trouble. Move forward a few years and there was a sort of on-going warfare for territorial ownership of particular sections of the Spion Kop.

Now to the football. Pearson is delivering in the way most of us expected and hoped. We ain't going to develop into a Brazil of the Championship playing 90 minutes of fluent attacking football but we are already developing into a harder to beat proper football team run by a proper football manager. I still don't think that getting into the play offs is a target likely to be achieved this season but its a target that has moved from being virtually impossible to being very difficult but not out of sight by any means. Great what a couple of wins can do. The game against Bristol City is now looking very important and interesting - 4 points from Tuesday and next Saturday would have us rolling nicely.

Great result. In truth I feel a bit sorry for Cov.

Good to see NP has got us playing his way. All a bit too late though in reality, it gives us some hope though.

You are absolutely right - it goes right back and if we're honest it's part of the fabric of the game and i would dare to say part of the attraction to many for whom football allegiance provides the main bit of glamour in their lives and/ or an opportunity to gang up with their mates against a common 'enemy'.

How you and Macky can claim that people with faces contorted with hate waiting at the gates for the away fans to come out have attended games throughout the entire history of the sport, and have often been in the majority, is simply absurd.

How you and Macky can claim that people with faces contorted with hate waiting at the gates for the away fans to come out have attended games throughout the entire history of the sport, and have often been in the majority, is simply absurd.

If you think that human males are not aggressive, territorial animals with a penchant for violence, then you are clearly delusional.

Redditch=a shy lad I knew in early 70s had his skull fractured by a gang of your mates-he was 14 and on his own. bond of bravery never existed.football hooligans from Hull or anywhere else have always been a bunch of bullies who like the odds stacked well in their favour.I hope we beat you but I would sooner buy you a beer than hit you.
even NP

Never said that they were the same people. Those who participated in the organised violence associated with clubs like Chelsea, Millwall, Arsenal (suits armed with knives in the double decker), Millwall, Brum (Zulu Warriors), West Ham & yes Leicester (Baby Squad etc) in the 70's & 80's are getting a bit past it now - but yes fan violence has always been part of the game. The majority didn't ever actively participate but if you ever heard the crowd noise reaction at Filbert Street when a punch up kicked off you could't deny that a sizeable chunk of the crowd loved it.

This is the part of football that the prawn sandwiches and sponsors don't want to acknowledge has always been there - but it has.

Dont forget the Villa fans that invaded Pen 2 trashed Pen 1 and the Burger Outlet, with my mate inside sheltering inside.

Or the Man City fans that came in Pen 3 and got chased out. Some of them got a good kicking as their mates ran back down the steps.

Dont forget the Villa fans that invaded Pen 2 trashed Pen 1 and the Burger Outlet, with my mate inside sheltering inside.

Or the Man City fans that came in Pen 3 and got chased out. Some of them got a good kicking as their mates ran back down the steps.

Or the Wolves fans that regularly ambushed visiting fans in the tunnel outside the Molyneux.

For the benefit of one or two others just because some of us recognise reality it doesn't mean we condone the violence. These days clubs are well equipped with CCTV to identify the offenders at least inside & outside stadia so they are well placed to liaise with the police on bringing charges.

For the benefit of one or two others just because some of us recognise reality it doesn't mean we condone the violence.

Indeed. The only point I am making is that overtly aggressive posturing and, at times, outright violence have been a part of the game since its inception, and long before, for very good evolutionary reasons. This is not just my observation, this is historical fact. Plenty of academic studies have been published on this.
There's nothing new under the sun.

Last edited:
My new concern regarding Dyer is that his head is gradually disappearing into his shoulders. He needs to change his workout regime to focus less on this area and more on his spindly legs.

His training regime includes carrying a large basket of fruit on top of his head....just like Galdstone Small used to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570