Post Match Leicester 2 - 2 Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
HÃ¥konsen is a snowboard legend. A bit nerdy, though. Biathlon is one of the most exciting tv sports I know. The shooting is very decisive and nervy. Depends on a good tv production though. Today the production was okay. And the result brilliant :icon_bigg

Yeah I've watched a lot of stuff with Haakonsen in before, Jeremy Jones is incredible though. I actually really like watching cross country skiing, but biathlon is better, just for the added excitement of the extra tension in the shooting.

Don't quite know how to feel about that to be honest.

First half we were woeful, our defence playing a line too far up. Watford were horrible but there first goal was not offside, I was dead in line with it in the east stand.

De Laet was murdered down his side of the pitch and this was due to the fact that the ball over the top into the corner exposed his pace or lack of. He had a bad game as did the whole defence.

Dyer was absolute gash bar one cross but what was more disturbing in his play was that he didn't seem bothered and just sat at the half way line and passed sideways.

All in all a fair result. 11 games undefeated, and we will play better than that and lose.

De Laet was murdered down his side of the pitch and this was due to the fact that the ball over the top into the corner exposed his pace or lack of. He had a bad game as did the whole defence.

De Laet has always seemed pretty rapid to me!

Hi Graz,

He was exposed repeatedly today particularly in the first half where he was playing right opposite to where I was sitting.

He just seemed to not read the game well and the diaganol balls into his corner of the pitch seemed to catch him either day dreaming or on the back foot. Maybe pace was the wrong phrase to use?

The tactic of taking Vardy off has been mentioned in a previous thread. Today he was replaced by Phillips. The partnership of Phillips and Nugent has worked before and I can understand that. Then Marcion was replaced by Chris Wood so that we had three strikers. I would have thought Vardy-Nugent-Phillips was a better trio than Wood-Nugent-Phillips.

Mahrez impressed in the short time he was on. It may become difficult to leave him out of the starting XI.

I don't get the criticism of Knockaert at all. He created several of our best chances, our first goal came from a beautiful switch pass of his to Dyer, which no one else on our team would have made. He was also prepared to cover all of the pitch in an attempt to create something when the rest of the team were static. I thought he was one of our better players today and the one who looked most likely to create something.

Our defence on the other hand was all over the place and pretty dreadful and I include Kasper in that too. Konchesky was especially dire (but he has been for the majority of the season) and no idea what De Laet was doing for their 2nd, it was clear the ball wasn't going to go out.

edit - Saying that however, it's amazing how much better and much more useful Kasper's distribution is when he plays a simple pass/throw instead of just trying to lump it as far up the pitch as he can.

Last edited:
Ifind it strange that some people critise RDL's performance yesterday yet Youngy gave him MOTM I have always viewed RDL as one of our quickest defenders yet it appears from some comments he was out-paced on occassions yesterday.

Then Marcion was replaced by Chris Wood so that we had three strikers. I would have thought Vardy-Nugent-Phillips was a better trio than Wood-Nugent-Phillips.

I think the fact that Watford sent One-size on straight after Wood came on was proof that Watford were seriously worried about what his height in the box might do.

An impressive goal, usually scored outside of the opposing team's penalty box.
How is it, after attending hundreds of games since 1991 and watching literally thousands more from all over the world on tv since the 1988 European Championships, that I've never ever, even once, ever heard that term said by anyone ever?

Ifind it strange that some people critise RDL's performance yesterday yet Youngy gave him MOTM I have always viewed RDL as one of our quickest defenders yet it appears from some comments he was out-paced on occassions yesterday.

If Youngy gave. RDL man of the match this is a clear indication he is a baffoon.

He wasn't.

I have to say i thought Watford got their tactics spot on. they knew our pace was our biggest threat so they made sure we had no space to run into. and they worked really hard to offer a threat on the counter attack. They did it very well. Fair Play.

For us, i don't think we played badly but couldn't play to our strengths.

All things considered i'm happy, we played a team that perfectly nullified our biggest threat and we still got a point. The sign of Champions.

Out positioned and out thought then?

Do you think this was because as a defensive unit we played too far up the pitch?

How do you think he played yesterday Durham?

he was at fault for the goal by allowing the high ball to bounce and not just clearing immediately. Other than that I thought he was pretty sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566