Post Match Leicester 2 Blackburn Rovers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Pea Soup thinks that our pen wasn't legit but thinks the one that wasn't given was. An honest opinion?

Excellent win and really didn't expect us to be at the top.

Seem to be shaping up quite nicely with good options all over now so very positive atm and can't complain about anything really.

Stringer out!

Nigel Pea Soup thinks that our pen wasn't legit but thinks the one that wasn't given was. An honest opinion?

I'd go with that. The one given was a dreadful mistake and no surprise the Blackburn players were annoyed.

Nigel, who watched the game from the Directors box, when asked by Stringer said he could be in the commentary box for the next game :icon_bigg

Finally, he made a joke, promotion a certainty now.

Pearson in

Another solid win against a side we were superior to in all departments.

We look better with a back four and three quarters of them are solid as a rock. De Laet is the weak link.

The midfield were okay. Knockaert gave the team a half decent performance for the first time in months. He actually passed to City players now and again too.

Vardy and Nugent ran about like maniacs and were excellent, except in front of goal, where they were both dogshite.

All round, have to be pleased with the start we've made. Our penalty was a shocker of a decision and the ref was generally a bit of a twat.

I've made this point before recently but it's worth reiterating. The stadium was like a morgue. Utterly bereft of atmosphere. Why is it that we're top of the league, doing well, and there is no 'umph' to the place at all?

Totally dominant throughout, and really should have had the game out of sight - nearly pissed it up at the end, which would have been a scandal

Not a chance that ours was a penalty, but the fat blind twat evened it out later by missing a complete stonewall. Shocking defending by us in the lead up to their pen, which also looked nailed on.

Another truly outstanding performance from Liam Moore - surely the best prospect we have seen in donkey's years. Also not seen a player work as hard as Vardy for ages. Such a pity that he made a complete and utter bollocks of the best chance of the game.

Anything but a home win would have been a disgrace - we were completely in charge for 60/70 minutes

Blackburn were shit. Not quite as shit as the ref, or the fans, but still shit.

Damn you PeesToN, and your table topping feckwits

Last edited:
I've made this point before recently but it's worth reiterating. The stadium was like a morgue. Utterly bereft of atmosphere. Why is it that we're top of the league, doing well, and there is no 'umph' to the place at all?

Only 19k in the ground. Cold evening after a day of rain, ticket prices, Champions League on the telly.

Could have heard a pin drop for a good three quarters of the game

Been to my first game of the season tonight and thoroughly impressed.

Dominated for 65-70 minutes and let them in through a sloppy bit of play from Drinky. They never even looked like scoring until we gifted them an opportunity to get back into the game. That said we had enough chances to be 4-5 in front and well out of sight at that point.

Vardy looks a completely different player to the one I watched last season, works ever so hard and looks a threat, a lot like a certain Paul Dickov.

Liam Moore is just fantastic, he looks so calm, composed and the perfect partner for Wes. Everyone has mentioned his brilliant performances of late and tonight was no different. The problem will be holding onto him because it won't take long before someone comes knocking.

Our penalty was never a penalty, I don't think the referee gave the penalty though, the linesman flagged for it. When you see some of the decisions that are made, you wonder how some referees make it and how useless some of the twats must be that don't.

Delighted with the win, great stuff.

I thought we were superb in the first half and first 10 in the second. Blackburn deserved nothing from the game and couldn't have complained had they been 4 down at the hour mark. Great to think we are winning and scoring with 2 strikers currently out of goal scoring form.

The ref was an utter disgrace, the level of officiating in this league never ceases to amaze me.

Only 19k in the ground. Cold evening after a day of rain, ticket prices, Champions League on the telly.

I don't think it's the ones that aren't there, it's those of us that are. It's genuinely disconcerting. There were about 100 kids singing here and there and that was it. Even the cheers for the goals were half arsed.

Maybe we're all still a bit hungover from last season and not really into it again yet. Home games so far feel like preseason friendlies.

I am starting to think that maybe the real skill of this team is in stopping other teams from playing their game, while we've been able to play their own.

Every team that's come here so far has looked mostly pretty poor and struggled to make good chances. When other teams have been looking a bit threatening, the formation has been changed and opportunities negated. Maybe the opposition teams have all been shite but, as with Blackburn, they have had plenty of very good players but been unable to really put anything together.

Our fans are unimaginative bores. We have no character and no excitement.

Anyone who has dared to create an atmosphere over the last few years has been lambasted by the club and our own fans.

Sad and slightly embarrassing.

I don't think it's the ones that aren't there, it's those of us that are. It's genuinely disconcerting. There were about 100 kids singing here and there and that was it. Even the cheers for the goals were half arsed.

Maybe we're all still a bit hungover from last season and not really into it again yet. Home games so far feel like preseason friendlies.

What chants did you start?

what was the reaction from others when you did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669