Post Match Leicester 2 Blackburn Rovers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost ashamed to say that for the first time in my long life I did not realise we had a game tonight. Maybe I'm getting as apathetic as many others seem to be. Obviously glad we won and are top of the league. Going to make sure of a ticket for the next home game.

I don't think it's the ones that aren't there, it's those of us that are. It's genuinely disconcerting. There were about 100 kids singing here and there and that was it. Even the cheers for the goals were half arsed.

Maybe we're all still a bit hungover from last season and not really into it again yet. Home games so far feel like preseason friendlies.
Don't know where you sit BN but in P3 it all sounds pretty good. We're singing, having a laugh and all seems fairly upbeat. L1 is very vocal and usually we latch on to that. From where I sit the Koop sounds pretty lame but is that not just distance?

Don't know where you sit BN but in P3 it all sounds pretty good. We're singing, having a laugh and all seems fairly upbeat. L1 is very vocal and usually we latch on to that. From where I sit the Koop sounds pretty lame but is that not just distance?
Koop??

I really didn't expect this kind of start to the season. I really thought we'd be hungover from the play off heartache and with the lack of transfer activity and what looked like a tough set of opening games, that we'd be lurking around mid table at this point. To see us top of the pile (albeit for perhaps just a day) is a very pleasant surprise. The team looks as though it's settled and so there's very little to grumble about at the moment. It's still very early days but the prospects for this season are beginning to look pretty bright.

I'm fairly sure I've said this 100 times before, but few things on this earth please me more than seeing Lloyd stuff the ball into the back of the net.

I'm fairly sure I've said this 100 times before, but few things on this earth please me more than seeing Lloyd stuff the ball into the back of the net.
101times and I'll still smile :)

A toe poke according to Stringer.

Via a covering defender's ankle too as far as I could tell. I don't care. I love him. I never thought I could genuinely love another Leicester player after Muzzy left but Lloyd has mended a broken heart with his sweet left foot and unbendable legs.

Via a covering defender's ankle too as far as I could tell. I don't care. I love him. I never thought I could genuinely love another Leicester player after Muzzy left but Lloyd has mended a broken heart with his sweet left foot and unbendable legs.
With you there, my favourite player of the last few years ( and I thought he was going to on the way out two or three years ago ). You also get the impression he's a good person to have in the club, you never hear a bad thing about him.

I thought that this was an even better performance than Saturday. In the first half we looked Premier League standard. One difference was that Knockaert was not giving the ball away as he did against Wigan and he looked well worth his place. Some of the passing was superb especially involving Konchesky and King.

We have become a superb counter attacking side especially where Dyer and Vardy are involved. However, considering the number of chances we created our strikers should score more. Having been so clearly the better side we should not have had to rely on a dubious penalty and needed to play for time at the end.

Stringer pointed out that Nigel was not in the dugout but totally failed to see the implications. With no Nigel and with Craig on the touchline nobody is blocking the route between Mike Stowell and the 4th official. Previously Mike Stowell's movement has been vertical - leaping up to throw water bottles down; now our hero has started moving laterally so he can berate a stunned looking fourth official .

Birch used to stand by the tunnel but his bad leg prevents this. Now he has a chair next to the dugout and watches the game looking rather like an ageing mafia godfather.

Almost ashamed to say that for the first time in my long life I did not realise we had a game tonight. Maybe I'm getting as apathetic as many others seem to be. Obviously glad we won and are top of the league. Going to make sure of a ticket for the next home game.

Derby, league cup.

I thought that this was an even better performance than Saturday. In the first half we looked Premier League standard. One difference was that Knockaert was not giving the ball away as he did against Wigan and he looked well worth his place. Some of the passing was superb especially involving Konchesky and King.

We have become a superb counter attacking side especially where Dyer and Vardy are involved. However, considering the number of chances we created our strikers should score more. Having been so clearly the better side we should not have had to rely on a dubious penalty and needed to play for time at the end.

Stringer pointed out that Nigel was not in the dugout but totally failed to see the implications. With no Nigel and with Craig on the touchline nobody is blocking the route between Mike Stowell and the 4th official. Previously Mike Stowell's movement has been vertical - leaping up to throw water bottles down; now our hero has started moving laterally so he can berate a stunned looking fourth official .

Birch used to stand by the tunnel but his bad leg prevents this. Now he has a chair next to the dugout and watches the game looking rather like an ageing mafia godfather.

:038: :icon_lol:

Kings assist was bloody naughty by the way. Beautiful touch, and then the awareness to delicately lift it onto Lloyd's foot. He did exactly the same thing in the build up to our penalty and to play Wood in for the offside goal. He's added a really creative streak to his game, and as he's aged its been great to see him develop these attributes beyond his very hard work in the middle and instinctive positioning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670