Leicester 2 Blackpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Time!

Get innnn!

Unbeaten in a full calendar year at home, nice!

2-1, into the top 6 :)

Blackpool 2-1

Unbeaten at the Walkers for a year.

:038::038::038:

Looks like you got your 7. Good day in all?

Yup yup yup :)

Excellent Saturday for me...

7 for 7.... wish I'd done that as a straight accumulator though rather than 4s in 7. Won £23.50 from a bet of £3.50 though

Have won my accumulators every weekend of the Prem season so far (4 in a row!), by doing 4/5 out of 7 bets.
£60 profit so far this season :) Not bad since £3.50 is the largest amount I've staked.

Combined with our win and into the top 6, top notch all around!

Great all round team effort. I know the focus will be on Fryatt's two good goals but Brown was immense at the heart of the defence. It is easy to see why Morrison and Tunchev cannot get a sniff.

I really enjoyed that! Here's what I made of the performances for what its worth;

Weale - Rounded for the goal but he couldn't do much about it to be fair, good claims and when he couldn't claim he punched well.

Neilson - Sound as a pound and put himself about.

Brown - Dropped a right bollock for the goal but made up for it with a towering second half performance.

Hobbs - Solid as ever. He figured out how to play their big striker in the second half which cut out their only outlet.

Berner - Got forward when he had to and put some fantastic tackles in.

N'Guessan - Varied his play and put some decent balls in when he got stood up by the LB. Great pace as an outlet too.

Oakley - Won plenty in the second half and looked confident and tricky on the ball.

Wellens - Ran the show, he was everywhere. Played Fryatt in for the first with a lovely quick free kick with the outside of his foot.

Dyer - Looked good all round, nothing ground breaking but he didn't do anything wrong.

Howard - Won his flick ons and held the ball up like he always does. Had two good chances to score with headers in the first half, put one straight at the keeper and the other high and wide.

Fryatt - Took both of his goals beautifully, cracking run in behind for the first and quick thinking to pounce on a mistake for the second.

Waggy, Kingy and Gally on as subs helped see out the game.

They looked very confident in the first half but we sussed them out and showed them up to be a hoof ball team with very little quality. Indecision and a stubble by Brown let them in for an easy goal, they hardly managed another good shot after that and we saw them off comfortably. We desevered more than two thats for sure.

Last edited:
Great all round team effort. I know the focus will be on Fryatt's two good goals but Brown was immense at the heart of the defence. It is easy to see why Morrison and Tunchev cannot get a sniff.

Did you see the Blackpool goal? Thought Brown was very hit and miss today, made some cruicial blocks and interceptions, but did also make a couple of howlers with his distibution, including the one for their goal. I'd still feel safer with Tunchev there.

I thought Fryatt was brilliant today! He seemed to gain an extra yard of pace, looked skilful too and turned the defence on a few occassions and really looked like he could make something happen at any time, particulalry in the first half. He took both his goals really well too.

How much did you win?

By the way, were there any Ollie masks in the stadium?:icon_bigg

Great win.

I did not see any Ollie masks; in fact despite a few unsavoury comments on another thread the Leicester fans did rather well.

There were some chants against Ollie but they were fairly muted.The "Ollie you're a w____r" was not as loud as the same chant against Warnock. There was some good natured chants of "Ollie Ollie whats the score". It was good to see that at the end of half time Ollie signed a couple of autograph books.

Perhaps the situation was eased for Ian Holloway by the way the rather elderly looking assistant referee became the villain of the afternoon.

I thought Fryatt was brilliant today! He seemed to gain an extra yard of pace, looked skilful too and turned the defence on a few occassions and really looked like he could make something happen at any time, particulalry in the first half. He took both his goals really well too.

Personally thought that was down to Blackpool's two centre-halves looking League One quality defenders. That said two well finished goals, one carved by enough piece of Wellens' quality.

Rather disappointed with Pearson's subs today; we stick a centre midfielder on for a left-wing and then take away all attacking aerial presence with twenty to go. Appear to me making subs to keep players happy rather than secure the win. And why the **** does he keep on not playing Adams?

No-one stood out poor, although N'Guessan and Neilson must take some credit for bucking up their ideas after poor performances at Newcastle. Dyer too for an awful first half and then a workman spell in the second half (second goal all started from his pressure). Oakley my MOTM.

As Blackpool, methinks Holloway has gone back to his QPR thuggery, 6ft days. As for that lad from Arsenal, deary me....stick firmly in the Kerrea Gilbert, good enough for League One box.

Last edited:
Decent enough game, but not much real quality on display

Shambles defending for their goal, and overall I still have doubts about that back four

Fryatt and Howard looked decent, and Wellens was simply outstanding. He's a superb player imo

Sadly let down by the wingers, who huffed and puffed to no effect at all - and why the feck King came on I'll never know. Adams must have shat in Pearson's car, or something

Wellens was brilliant, although why King came on which then pushed our best player to the left wing, god only knows. N'Guessan was also brilliant, wasn't impressed with him against Newcastle. Berner, Fryatt and Hobbs also stood out.

No centre backs on the bench today either - what the hell has happened to Tunchev?

Richie Wellens is different gravy as Paul Merson would say.

Looks like the best center mid we've had in some time. Oakley seems a better player for having him around too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670