Post Match Leicester 2 Brentford 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent first half but not so good second half.

The win was the main thing though and overall good performances all round.

Barnes was not as good as he has been recently though.

Great to see so many players back for the final push and the Conference League QF,

Sounds like Kasper has a knock though so hopefully he can recover during the break otherwise we may be seeing Jakupovic.

I’d have had us getting a third in the 2nd half but we just them into the game.

They missed a few good chances before they finally pulled one back, but so did we.

I thought Iheanacho held the ball up and showed his strength really well. Brought others in to play too. Great to see Castagne back, no keeper was stopping that shot.

Maddison's free kick was class. I'm still not convinced about him playing on the right.

Soumare wasn't on for long so perhaps unfair to judge him but he's the only player I've seen that looks like he's warming down during a match. Frustrating.

The win is all that matters and we got that, so job done.

That second half was abysmal. We should have done to then what Arsenal did to us last week. See the game out comforts and keep them at arms length. I’m not sure what we need to do to get better at seeing games out.

I’m not sure what we need to do to get better at seeing games out.

Score again. Not concede set pieces?

We weren’t panicking, fair play to Brentford they were applying pressure, a goal was coming but I thought it would be a scramble, disappointing to concede the way we did as we had chances to clear our lines.

Castagne and Maddison gave us a 2-0 lead.
Nervous finish after they pulled one back.

Phew, think I edited that before anyone noticed...
Obviously not.

Iheanacho was my MOM. He was absolutely outstanding. So unlucky to not get a goal but his link play and work for the side was wonderful.

Barnes was complete dogshit. Utterly useless from start to finish. Amazing that he stayed on the pitch.

The players grafted but clearly tired as the game went on. The game was decided by a terrific finish from Castagne - I told you he was better playing off the left - and Maddison. Maddison 'won' his free kick with a very old school Vardy move - he jumped into the challenge and conned the ref.

I loved the change of tactics for corners with three staying forward. We went man to man in the box and they couldn't have any blockers so it was all about our players winning their challenges. We didn't do that very well but it was much simpler. Once we did break after a corner but there were real opportunities for counter attacks if we were smarter. I like the idea and hope it wasn't a one off.

Good win though. Brentford are an intelligent team let down by too many average players. They were well worth a draw on the overall performances.

Iheanacho was my MOM. He was absolutely outstanding. So unlucky to not get a goal but his link play and work for the side was wonderful.
Exactly, he should have put that chance away in the second half but his overall performance was excellent. In the first half Mendy was also very good but not so much in the second.

We were superb in that first half, driven on by Mendy, who ran everything and was simply outstanding. Nacho and Maddison were also excellent, and Castagne played very well indeed until his fitness hit him in the second half

Barnes, however, was simply atrocious, and ****ed everything up for the whole game. How he wasn’t hooked at half time is beyond me. Complete dogshit. Justin looks great coming forwards, but time and again his defensive positioning is a ****ing disaster. Amartey covered for him time and time and time again.

I thought they were genuinely bang average, and 2-0 flattered them at half time. Unfortunately we sat back far too deep in the second half, and pissed possession away stupidly over and over. Thankfully their forward line is ****ing awful, as a draw would have been an absolute scandal.

Mendy MotM for me - good job we’ve got him tied into a nice contract. Oh hang on a minute….

Still we always have Soumare, who doesn’t at all look like some pissed up bloke from the pub who won a raffle to come on the pitch and run around like a complete twat for ten minutes at the end of the game

I thought Iheanacho held the ball up and showed his strength really well. Brought others in to play too. Great to see Castagne back, no keeper was stopping that shot.

Maddison's free kick was class. I'm still not convinced about him playing on the right.

Soumare wasn't on for long so perhaps unfair to judge him but he's the only player I've seen that looks like he's warming down during a match. Frustrating.
Soumare is a bizarre footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570