Post Match Leicester 2 Brentford 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And was a bit of a library, wasn’t it

Nobody even claps their clappers anymore.

V. Poor

We were superb in that first half, driven on by Mendy, who ran everything and was simply outstanding. Nacho and Maddison were also excellent, and Castagne played very well indeed until his fitness hit him in the second half

Barnes, however, was simply atrocious, and ****ed everything up for the whole game. How he wasn’t hooked at half time is beyond me. Complete dogshit. Justin looks great coming forwards, but time and again his defensive positioning is a ****ing disaster. Amartey covered for him time and time and time again.

I thought they were genuinely bang average, and 2-0 flattered them at half time. Unfortunately we sat back far too deep in the second half, and pissed possession away stupidly over and over. Thankfully their forward line is ****ing awful, as a draw would have been an absolute scandal.

Mendy MotM for me - good job we’ve got him tied into a nice contract. Oh hang on a minute….

Still we always have Soumare, who doesn’t at all look like some pissed up bloke from the pub who won a raffle to come on the pitch and run around like a complete twat for ten minutes at the end of the game
Agree with all that. Mendy and Nacho share man of the match for me.

Amartey didn't look comfortable at right back but at centre back, he was excellent again.

I've been reluctant to say it because he always seems a moment away from a cock up, but this run of games has shown that he is actually a very capable player in that position. He is getting more reliable with every game which is probably what he's been missing for the six years he's been here - a proper run of games.

I'm actually wondering if he's our player of the season. Where would we have been without him?

Amartey didn't look comfortable at right back but at centre back, he was excellent again.

I've been reluctant to say it because he always seems a moment away from a cock up, but this run of games has shown that he is actually a very capable player in that position. He is getting more reliable with every game which is probably what he's been missing for the six years he's been here - a proper run of games.

I'm actually wondering if he's our player of the season. Where would we have been without him?
Bottom three

missed the game broke down on the A5 saw the highlights 3 very good goals two screamers from us.
Nacho looked a real handful how did Mendy do?

There is no way that Brentford were worthy of a draw. We dominated the game totally and it was a comfortable win. I thought Brentford showed very little actually and they should be disappointed with their approach and performance.

1647800712539.png

1647800762254.png

Last edited:
Soumare and Daka are both completely useless. Neither of them are good enough to replace Mendy or Iheanacho, never mind Ndidi or Vardy. It's hard to see how they could improve enough to be worth keeping. More dead weight in the squad. If Schmeichel is badly injured then we truly are ****ed. I don't think the lesser spotted Jakupovic would be up to the task of PSV.

Still, two excellent goals scored today, most of our players seem to be in better shape and we defended well for the most part.

Ndidi doesn't get back in ahead of Mendy for me.

I think Wilf has been consistently the worst player on the park for us this season.

Nacho was that good I've just had some.

Cags excellent

Barnes complete and utter shit

Amartey excellent until he was sacrificed for Evans.

Justin not great again

KDH solid as usual

Tielemans completely wasted in that horrible deep role as usual.

Here's what I like about Mendy. He seems a chirpy fellow who appreciates the privilege of being a professional footballer and plays with a smile on his face. He has a good attitude and always puts in the effort. He's stuck with it and tried (and succeeded) to improve his game.

I often bemoan the ACN as a distracting and unsettling occurrence however I would say that his performances for Senegal, and the winning of the ACN has helped him no end. He's brought the performances in Cameroon to the King Power, which is great to see.

Here's what I like about Mendy. He seems a chirpy fellow who appreciates the privilege of being a professional footballer and plays with a smile on his face. He has a good attitude and always puts in the effort. He's stuck with it and tried (and succeeded) to improve his game.

I often bemoan the ACN as a distracting and unsettling occurrence however I would say that his performances for Senegal, and the winning of the ACN has helped him no end. He's brought the performances in Cameroon to the King Power, which is great to see.
It’s quite simple isn’t it - we need to keep him in the squad more.

If we do not, he becomes our (or someone else’s) Marc Albrighton. An unsung hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566