Post Match Leicester 2 Brentford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominated the game - 2 goals - 2 strikes against the post - and then we downed tools with an hour to go
I think downed tools is a bit harsh.

We conceded a goal from nothing, then got scared like we did last year and also got tired which was compounded by a poor substitution.

As Jitz says, half of their outfield team that finished played less than 30 mins but 90% of ours had played the full game and it definitely shown.

Daka coming on was a good move but it should have been for Vardy who was probably our least effective/involved player but our engine room was taken off for some reason.

The sub made sense however it should have been Maddison i.e. like for like, which means we maintain our midfield dominance. BR will not allow Maddison or Tielemens to be subbed as for Amartey words defy me, all he can do is put his hands behind his back and back off. The guy is championship standard!

At no stage did he try to win that game with subs it clearly says he has no faith in his bench, is the reason we have not bought anyone down to the fact that the board have no faith in him from last season?

Immensely frustrating as we hit the post 3 times and we were by far the better team, yet we drew the game BR is just too negative as a manager.

Ward made a couple of good saves - came and collected some crosses, and had decent distribution.
I thought he did okay . Would have looked good - if Amarty had defended better than he did.

Ok. That’s a disgraceful bit of management.

Rodgers had a few key decisions to make before and during the match. He disappeared up his own arse on almost all of them.

1. Iversen or Ward. Ward was fine.

2. The replacement for Barnes - instead of a like for like (Perez, Praet, Albrighton) he changes the entire shape and shoehorns Amartey into the left of a back three. Amartey heavily at fault for both goals, with some awful defending

3. Push on or contain at 2-0 - team immediately sat back and allowed one of the worst sides I’ve seen score a cheap goal

4. In game decisions. KDH our standout midfielder, natural leader and incredibly busy. Replaces him with a striker which immediately killed our control in midfield. He didn’t even pick the right striker!

5. 1 substitution while Brentford rotated 5. This felt like a petulant tantrum more than anything else.

He absolutely ****ed it and deserves pelters. Won’t last long if he’s already on his worst behavior - too clever by half and playing politics.

**** off.
We need Newcastle to go on a nosedive.

We can't afford to pay him off and none of the actual big teams would be desperate enough to buy out his contract, or even want him.

I'm not saying we should sack him, but I'm definitely getting to the point where I wouldn't be disappointed if someone else took him from us.

Whilst finances are now tighter than before, we could get a similar return for half the cost.

The sub made sense however it should have been Maddison i.e. like for like, which means we maintain our midfield dominance. BR will not allow Maddison or Tielemens to be subbed as for Amartey words defy me, all he can do is put his hands behind his back and back off. The guy is championship standard!

At no stage did he try to win that game with subs it clearly says he has no faith in his bench, is the reason we have not bought anyone down to the fact that the board have no faith in him from last season?

Immensely frustrating as we hit the post 3 times and we were by far the better team, yet we drew the game BR is just too negative as a manager.
He was using the lack of changes as a way to send a message. Just wait for his interview…almost definitely will say “didn’t feel we had better options on the bench to change the game” or some shit.

Also, I agree on the Maddison bit, but Nacho or Perez should have come on.

Ward made a couple of good saves - came and collected some crosses, and had decent distribution.
I thought he did okay . Would have looked good - if Amarty had defended better than he did.
Agreed it is good to see a keeper dominate his box and catch rather punching the ball, he played really well today and if he is 90% as good as Kasper we will have done well.

He didn't put a foot wrong today. He was absolutely fine. Of all the shit that happened in that game, picking out Ward for criticism is probably the most unfathomable.
I can't wait to see him stand there in the wrong position like a ****wit as goals from outside the box go sailing past him all season

He was using the lack of changes as a way to send a message. Just wait for his interview…almost definitely will say “didn’t feel we had better options on the bench to change the game” or some shit.

Also, I agree on the Maddison bit, but Nacho or Perez should have come on.
I think you are right in which case his arrogance is blinding as the bench was good enough to take the game away from Brentford. if BR carries on we will sack him, we did it to Ranieri and we will do it to him, fair play to Brentford they cut off the ball to Castagne and targeted Amartey we were too stupid to see it I guess.

The decision to take off KDH and bring on Daka, along with not making any other substitutions, smacks of a manager throwing his toys out of his pram about wanting more players.

That was simply the most appalling decision that made absolutely no sense at all to anyone in the ground except BR.

Daka, as well as being ****ing useless (as he is almost every time we see him), had no chance of getting the ball to be fair because our best midfielder on the day, the only one of them who was making the right decisions all game, was sitting on the bench for no discernible reason whatsoever.

I really enjoyed to minutes of that game, after that, we were outplayed, out thought and out fought. We should have started with Perez out wide and four at the back. It was such an obvious team but then, I thought it was obvious that creating a massive KDH shaped hole in your midfield when defending a lead would lead to trouble. I guess it was to anyone but a ****ing dimwit.

The amount of space their players had in midfield for both goals was unacceptable.

Rodgers is in a position where he will receive no criticism from the media because of us having made no signings. All his talk about not going to war with the club was to engineer a situation where he is the put-upon party and in no way responsible if it all goes to shit. Well he is absolutely responsible for us throwing away this victory. And perhaps the club need to start asking questions about him. Or have we gotten into a position where we can’t get rid of him either? Wouldn’t ****ing surprise me.

I think you are right in which case his arrogance is blinding as the bench was good enough to take the game away from Brentford. if BR carries on we will sack him, we did it to Ranieri and we will do it to him, fair play to Brentford they cut off the ball to Castagne and targeted Amartey we were too stupid to see it I guess.
He’s burned through all of his goodwill. And he’s still playing politics. A more cynical person would suggest he’d be happy with the sack. It’s the only discernable reason for some of his decisions today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669