Post Match Leicester 2 Brentford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see him stand there in the wrong position like a ****wit as goals from outside the box go sailing past him all season
If you’re not taking the piss (which you must be)… then you are taking absolute shite. Ward did nothing wrong today.

Midfield was dead on its feet…. Better throw on an ineffective striker for one of them.

I honestly think he’s on the wind up before the window closes.

We should've started two strikers.

But to take off one of the midfielders for a striker when 2-0 up is just bizarre.

The only logic could've been that he thought Brentford would step up more and give us more chances to stretch them with the pace of Daka and Vardy - but he didn't need to change that, that suggests we planned to drop deeper. No need. Just keep possession at 2-0!

Absolutely bizarre tactics.

I'm not in the Rodgers Out camp, but he can't be making shit decisions like that.

Mid way through the second half...NDidi was shattered. Youri ineffective. Vardy shattered and Amertey looking ****ing bomb scare as usual. And he takes KDH off with no further changes. Once again BR has thrown a game away for us.

On a plus note we were so in control in that first half and we had periods of play that were fantastic.

The decision to take off KDH and bring on Daka, along with not making any other substitutions, smacks of a manager throwing his toys out of his pram about wanting more players.

That was simply the most appalling decision that made absolutely no sense at all to anyone in the ground except BR.

Daka, as well as being ****ing useless (as he is almost every time we see him), had no chance of getting the ball to be fair because our best midfielder on the day, the only one of them who was making the right decisions all game, was sitting on the bench for no discernible reason whatsoever.

I really enjoyed to minutes of that game, after that, we were outplayed, out thought and out fought. We should have started with Perez out wide and four at the back. It was such an obvious team but then, I thought it was obvious that creating a massive KDH shaped hole in your midfield when defending a lead would lead to trouble. I guess it was to anyone but a ****ing dimwit.
A bit harsh on Daka he has had a good pre season (better than Nacho) the sub was the right call but not at the expense of KDH it should have been Madders or Vardy. I actually thought until the substiuion we were by far the better team, Perez may have made a difference I doubt it he is simply not good enough at this level imo.

BR should have brought on Praet to re-energise the midfield for either Tielemens or Ndidi who were fading badly, I think it is universally agreed removing KDH was an egregious decision BR snatched defeat from the jaws of victory today.

Surely Soumare or Praet would've made more sense in that scenario to freshen it up but keep energy in midfield - except Soumare wasn't even on the bench.

Are we going to be stuck with Rodgers forever? I don't mind us being a midtable club but it's just boring to see him make the same mistakes over and over again. He'll probably blame our squad being stagnant and lacking hunger, which is true, but even so we were comfortable until he made his trademark 70 minute genius tactical change. The players will probably be pissed off with him when he starts blaming them for throwing away points when it's largely his fault.

Also, Ndidi really needs to be moved on or at least benched. He had the touch of a drunk rhino today and constantly disrupted our flow. Stick Dewsbury-hall or Mendy in that spot Brendan.

To be fair, most of the squad looked rusty. Justin made mistakes that disrupted our attacks too. Vardy looked like he's lost half a yard of pace and aggression.

All ****ary aside, Ward was absolutely fine for most of the match - I can't help but think he's a serious downgrade on Kasper though.

Are we going to be stuck with Rodgers forever? I don't mind us being a midtable club but it's just boring to see him make the same mistakes over and over again. He'll probably blame our squad being stagnant and lacking hunger, which is true, but even so we were comfortable until he made his trademark 70 minute genius tactical change. The players will probably be pissed off with him when he starts blaming them for throwing away points when it's largely his fault.

Also, Ndidi really needs to be moved on or at least benched. He had the touch of a drunk rhino today and constantly disrupted our flow. Stick Dewsbury-hall or Mendy in that spot Brendan.

To be fair, most of the squad looked rusty. Justin made mistakes that disrupted our attacks too. Vardy looked like he's lost half a yard of pace and aggression.

All ****ary aside, Ward was absolutely fine for most of the match - I can't help but think he's a serious downgrade on Kasper though.
Agree with all that.

NDidi was just not fit. Shouldn't have played the full 90 mins.

Surely Soumare or Praet would've made more sense in that scenario to freshen it up but keep energy in midfield - except Soumare wasn't even on the bench.
Praet. Why in the name of all that is good and holy would you not bring Praet on?

I’ll forgive a lot and I’ve gone back and forth on Rodgers personally but I genuinely think he bombed the game on purpose viewing it as a win win. Three points or a point made. Unacceptable.

A bit harsh on Daka he has had a good pre season (better than Nacho) the sub was the right call but not at the expense of KDH it should have been Madders or Vardy. I actually thought until the substiuion we were by far the better team, Perez may have made a difference I doubt it he is simply not good enough at this level imo.

BR should have brought on Praet to re-energise the midfield for either Tielemens or Ndidi who were fading badly, I think it is universally agreed removing KDH was an egregious decision BR snatched defeat from the jaws of victory today.
You think bringing on a second striker at that point was the right call? It was ****ing dumb. It made no tactical sense whatsoever. Maddison off for Praet or Amartey off for Perez would have made much, much more sense. Bringing on an ineffective striker for any, let alone your best midfielder when trying to see out a game is the decision of a ****.

And I'm an expert.

Praet. Why in the name of all that is good and holy would you not bring Praet on?

I’ll forgive a lot and I’ve gone back and forth on Rodgers personally but I genuinely think he bombed the game on purpose viewing it as a win win. Three points or a point made. Unacceptable.
I’m with you on every single bit of this. And it’s pushed me back into the “out” camp within one match of the season.

Yet to catch up with the thread but I'll tell you one thing for absolute certainty. BR let that game go to shit on purpose. Every player, every fan and every insect knew what was required in that second half and BR knew well enough too. He deliberately made a point of not making changes to make a point to the owners.

Dangerous game that pal.

I’m with you on every single bit of this. And it’s pushed me back into the “out” camp within one match of the season.
Which is nuts because the first hour showed what a good team we can be. Not the finished article but even playing a second choice system we looked comfortable and on course to win.

Three things that repeatedly let us down are injuries, mental fragility and BR’s ego. All three played a part today with Brenda adding the coup de grâce because let’s face it, he’s a bit of a ****.

Yet to catch up with the thread but I'll tell you one thing for absolute certainty. BR let that game go to shit on purpose. Every player, every fan and every insect knew what was required in that second half and BR knew well enough too. He deliberately made a point of not making changes to make a point to the owners.

Dangerous game that pal.
Absolutely. It is going to be a big balls competition between him and the clubs hierarchies. He said he didn't want to go to war with the club; he's almost certainly just fired the first shot.

You think bringing on a second striker at that point was the right call? It was ****ing dumb. It made no tactical sense whatsoever. Maddison off for Praet or Amartey off for Perez would have made much, much more sense. Bringing on an ineffective striker for any, let alone your best midfielder when trying to see out a game is the decision of a ****.

And I'm an expert.
Brentford went from being deep to pushing further up the pitch to win the game, bringing on Daka (and his pace) made sense however, the error was making our midfield weaker in the process by removing KDH, it should have been like for like.

I agree Praet would have made a real difference today and should have replaced Ndidi or Tielemens as they faded badly, JJ should have gone over to Amartey position and Amartey should have been hooked for anyone really.

If BR was trying to make a point to the board then it was a crass decision and if he keeps it up he will be gone imo.

Which is nuts because the first hour showed what a good team we can be. Not the finished article but even playing a second choice system we looked comfortable and on course to win.

Three things that repeatedly let us down are injuries, mental fragility and BR’s ego. All three played a part today with Brenda adding the coup de grâce because let’s face it, he’s a bit of a ****.
Plenty of quality footballers. Including on the bench. Plenty of managers would love to have a squad like ours. Shame our actual one doesn’t. He should probably **** off and play Championship Manager then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669