Post Match Leicester 2 Brentford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should've started two strikers.

But to take off one of the midfielders for a striker when 2-0 up is just bizarre.

The only logic could've been that he thought Brentford would step up more and give us more chances to stretch them with the pace of Daka and Vardy - but he didn't need to change that, that suggests we planned to drop deeper. No need. Just keep possession at 2-0!

Absolutely bizarre tactics.

I'm not in the Rodgers Out camp, but he can't be making shit decisions like that.
Inexplicable substitution. Unfathomable not using all available subs on the warmest day of the season. Words fail me.

If anything has made up Tielemans‘ and Fofana’s mind to get the **** out of here as soon as possible, it was that complete shitshow in the second half

Bet they’re on the ****ing phone right now

Might be gone by the Arsenal game

Maddison did nothing but whinge most of the game and especially in the second half.
Hard to understand why he was left on instead of KDH.
He was good in the first half tbf. I wasn't sure what his actual position was supposed to be or whether he was given a free-ish kind of role, as he was a bit all over the place. Tidy enough on the ball though for the most part.

And another ****ing thing. His blunt refusal to give any young players a sniff is getting on my tits too.

Hirst and Wright in particular.

****ing done my head in today, he has.

And another ****ing thing. His blunt refusal to give any young players a sniff is getting on my tits too.

I do feel like we’ve always been on a similar ‘journey’ with regards to BR…. Bet you’d happily sack him yourself today right? I know I would.

If anything has made up Tielemans‘ and Fofana’s mind to get the **** out of here as soon as possible, it was that complete shitshow in the second half

Bet they’re on the ****ing phone right now

Might be gone by the Arsenal game
It's crazy though as for the first 60 mins, it made you think anyone would be mad to want to move on from here.

And then the final half hour happens.

Not sure about Hirst, I've never been impressed by what I have saw and we have options up front.

Wright though is baffling. He's had great loan spells, didn't look out of place when he featured in pre-season, and we are woefully short of wide attacking right now.

I do feel like we’ve always been on a similar ‘journey’ with regards to BR…. Bet you’d happily sack him yourself today right? I know I would.
He usually does JUST enough to stop me losing it completely. That I feel he’s basically playing games with the club today has put me over the edge.

All the talk about working with what he's got is complete bollocks. He won't and never intended to. He'll continue to pick the usual suspects week after week while giving it the whole, "Well I'd change it if I could, but they won't get me any players". And then he'll complain about tiredness and fatigue but also mention that there's nothing he can do because he has no other players to pick. And the most annoying this is that people will buy all his BS and go on about the great job he's doing.

'2-0 is a dangerous scoreline'​

FT: Leicester 2-2 Brentford

8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to BBC Sport: "Little frustrating we didn't take the three points.
"I thought we were outstanding for 60 minutes of the game. Some of our football was outstanding but just a loss of concentration from a simple thing of a throwing. All of a suddenly it leads to the goal and at 2-1 it can change the momentum of the game.
"Their second was a good goal but from our perspective we can do better. Overall the players gave everything. They are disappointed not to take the three points.
"The performance level for a long period of the game was very good and the two goals came out of nowhere. That is the Premier League, 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. We will learn from it.
"I can only concentrate on the guys in the building and here. For me it hasn't been a problem, obviously there has been lots of noise around it. The team is very cohesive and worked very well but we are disappointed with the goals."

'2-0 is a dangerous scoreline'​

FT: Leicester 2-2 Brentford

8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to BBC Sport: "Little frustrating we didn't take the three points.
"I thought we were outstanding for 60 minutes of the game. Some of our football was outstanding but just a loss of concentration from a simple thing of a throwing. All of a suddenly it leads to the goal and at 2-1 it can change the momentum of the game.
"Their second was a good goal but from our perspective we can do better. Overall the players gave everything. They are disappointed not to take the three points.
"The performance level for a long period of the game was very good and the two goals came out of nowhere. That is the Premier League, 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. We will learn from it.
"I can only concentrate on the guys in the building and here. For me it hasn't been a problem, obviously there has been lots of noise around it. The team is very cohesive and worked very well but we are disappointed with the goals."
What he meant to say is that he can only concentrate on the guys in the building that he willing to play, which doesn't include a bunch of the first-team squad, most of which he signed, and none of the current young players at the club.

All the talk about working with what he's got is complete bollocks. He won't and never intended to. He'll continue to pick the usual suspects week after week while giving it the whole, "Well I'd change it if I could, but they won't get me any players". And then he'll complain about tiredness and fatigue but also mention that there's nothing he can do because he has no other players to pick. And the most annoying this is that people will buy all his BS and go on about the great job he's doing.
I hope the journo he tries that narrative on calls him out. I think he may have had more than any other Leicester manager in terms of resources. The trouble is we did buy the players he wanted. They just weren’t good enough.

“2-0 is a dangerous scoreline”

What an utterly ****ing stupid string of words that is
Yes, well if it is, why didn't your team go all out for a 3rd goal? Basically because you made a stupid substitution by taking off KDH and an even worse decision of not making any further substitutions. On my 25 minute walk back to my car, all I heard was how ridiculous the tactics were. No one could explain it. We can't all be wrong and he's right.

“2-0 is a dangerous scoreline”

What an utterly ****ing stupid string of words that is
How long is actually left on his contract.

Edit: Google is a thing: -

"On 6 December 2019, Rodgers signed a contract extension keeping him at the club until 2025. At the point of signing the deal, his team had recorded 7 wins in a row and sat second in the table after 15 Premier League games".

How long is actually left on his contract.

Edit: Google is a thing: -

"On 6 December 2019, Rodgers signed a contract extension keeping him at the club until 2025. At the point of signing the deal, his team had recorded 7 wins in a row and sat second in the table after 15 Premier League games".
Just under £30m to get rid of him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566