Post Match Leicester 2 Brighton 2 EFL Cup R4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No VAR, no victory for Brighton.

Lovely that Maupay missed too.

Wank performance from us though.

He does have a knack for penalties, Wardy.

Crap performance, but two goals from our wingers is good.

We’ve got half a chance at this cup.

We'll beat Chelsea in the final!

Didn’t play well, hardly surprising with 10 changes and then 5 subs but we got through which is all that really matters

It says something about the quality of the game when you'd rather it went to penalties than watch another 30 minutes of that crap.
Still, credit to the pen takers and Wardy for the last save.

We were appalling in the second half. I still can’t get my head around the internal dialogue Rodgers must have had. ”Our second string are not up to this. I know, I’ll put Mendy on. A guy so shit he can’t even make our second eleven and who hasn’t played a first team game in a gazillion years. He‘ll change it”

Anyway, we’re through. That’ll do.

Barnes flattered to decieve some nice play then misses a sitter, he fails to look up before crossing the ball resulting in it just being played vaguely into the middle of the box.

Defensively we are totally shit and needing to score at least 3 goals a game is a massive worry, we got out of jail tonight but a win is a win so **** it.

Thought we looked ok for the first 30. Size difference in players city v brighton clear to see.

Thought Vestergaard had a better game than Cags on the whole.

Made it hard for ourselves by switching off.
Made Cucurella look excellent either because he is, or we didn’t want to mark or tackle him.

Flashes of good stuff from Madders. Might be getting towards his old self.

I feel I should say something to mark what is, for me, a pretty important milestone.

After 45 years as a fan & spending the last 20 or so bemoaning the fact that it's become normal for teams to not give a shit about certain competitions, I've finally got there.

I watched City in a shootout & genuinely didn't give a **** if we won or not. No emotional engagement at all.

Considering how much this competition has meant to us as a club over the years thats very sad. But the conference league thing has killed it for me. It's time to bin this worthless crapheap of a competition & let it join the Fairs Cup, the Anglo-Italian & the Intertoto in the dustbin of history. The final nail in the coffin of the Football League that, when I was a kid was the centre of power in football.

Just **** off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570