Post Match Leicester 2 Brighton 2 EFL Cup R4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterpoint: I actually like the football league cup as a competition. It allows us to see fringe players a bit more and provides some decent moments.

It is the 4th choice, and I think that’s fine

I feel I should say something to mark what is, for me, a pretty important milestone.

After 45 years as a fan & spending the last 20 or so bemoaning the fact that it's become normal for teams to not give a shit about certain competitions, I've finally got there.

I watched City in a shootout & genuinely didn't give a **** if we won or not. No emotional engagement at all.

Considering how much this competition has meant to us as a club over the years thats very sad. But the conference league thing has killed it for me. It's time to bin this worthless crapheap of a competition & let it join the Fairs Cup, the Anglo-Italian & the Intertoto in the dustbin of history. The final nail in the coffin of the Football League that, when I was a kid was the centre of power in football.

Just **** off now.

The conference thing definitely makes it worse. You're punished for winning a cup ffs.

Draw live on Soccer AM on Saturday morning

That is just how far down the shitter this competition has gone
Why do I think we’ve been in a competition that was drawn by some absurd gimmick on Soccer AM? 2008-9 Paint Pot, playing cards or some such shit?

Barnes flattered to decieve some nice play then misses a sitter, he fails to look up before crossing the ball resulting in it just being played vaguely into the middle of the box
Our best player on the night according to Sky.

Why do I think we’ve been in a competition that was drawn by some absurd gimmick on Soccer AM? 2008-9 Paint Pot, playing cards or some such shit?

Aye definitely the paint pot. Fa cup was during the one show...

I was bored so I decided to watch some of our individual players a bit more closely.

Soyuncu was our best player. Gawd knows how many we'd have conceded without him. Vestergaard and Bertrand - oh dear.

Our front three were okay in patches. None of them took the game on though.

The total mess was our middle four. All home grown (ish) and all shite. Thomas is not improving and he really needs to. Dewsbury-Hall is so disappointing after what we were led to believe following his season in the Championship. Choudhury is useless unless he's lunging around. His positional sense is non existent. Daley-Campbell is a league one/two player at best.

I thought Mendy was much better than the two starters when he came on, even though he was rusty. We should register him ASAP and send D-H on loan again.

The others that came on did feck all.

Brighton outplayed us throughout really. Their shape and composure impressed me. They just overplayed at the back and handed us two goals.

Shit performance, good outcome.

He doesn't look interested to me. He's just coasting. Very reminiscent of Chilwell's last 6 months here. Too complacent.

All the back 5 pony except Thomas.
Dewsbury Hall, Lookman, Daka really lively and good.
Choudhury OK but limited.
Mendy and Soumare absolutely shocking when they came on! Maddison looked good again.

I thought Barnes and Daka did well. Soyuncu had a good game. Soumare also good when he came on. Hamza was mostly shit. Don't know what's happened to Thomas as he's looked a bit naff this season.

Vestegaard didn't look too bad first half and was in danger of putting in a good show. Second half he duly shat it up the wall. The second equaliser was his fault. He's good with the ball at his feet but when it comes to having to do any sort of defending he's like a field of cows on laxatives as Mark Goldbridge would say.. "absolutely shit". Get rid.

Anyone got a link to the highlights? Can't find them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566