Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the longest spell out of the top division that Leicester have spent in my time following the club. As the years roll by i believe there is a frustration that as gradually built up. Since the thai's came to the club, we have enjoyed a budget that in general only parachute payed relegated teams can compete with. Alongside this being the 2nd consecutive season where we have been the bookmakers favs for promotion, it all seems to be adding to unprecedented levels of impatience from the fans. Anything less than a flying start this season was always going to lead to a volatile atmosphere engulfing the club.

After a wee bit of reflection this is exactly the conclusion I came to. There isn't another club in this league that would be having this conversation after the start we've had. Any manager that takes the reins at City is under immediate and constant pressure...any run of bad results could lead to the chop. The entire club is a pressure cooker and nobody around the place ever looks to be enjoying themselves...Even Nugent looks miserable.

The fans are frustrated (for good reason) of years of mediocrity and are showing signs of desperation to get out. The owners are scrambling for a return on investment, the manager is constantly worried about job security and the players are consistently unsettled.

It's like the entire club is in quicksand and the more we try and thrash our way out of it, the worse it gets.

On the surface it does sound bizarre yes, but you can't quash the idea on the basis of a few cameos here and there. Pearson sees the lad every day in training.

He is a striker by trade and he isn't even good or experienced enough to play there, the fact we would even contemplate him being main back-up to Konch in a secondary position that isn't his natural place is crazy, I stand by it.

He is a striker by trade and he isn't even good or experienced enough to play there, the fact we would even contemplate him being main back-up to Konch in a secondary position that isn't his natural place is crazy, I stand by it.
How about having the less experienced Liam Moore as cover at centre back? Equally crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669