Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your entitled to your opinion Lako, but I don't share it at all, perhaps we will be a better position to judge after more than just 6 games, say 20, and we will have a better idea of the squads strengths and weaknesses.

So you think our defence is in good shape and definately upto the job? Despite performances showing the opposite?

Do you think that NP has strengthened the defence in pre-season?

Just an off-topic point - but I noticed that the declared crowd was over 18,000

That can't be right, surely - looked much, much lower than that :102:

Just an off-topic point - but I noticed that the declared crowd was over 18,000

That can't be right, surely - looked much, much lower than that :102:

I believe they take the ST's as all in attendance and add the ticket sales to that figure I would have said nearer 15000

Hmm, I suppose they could argue that 18,000 paid to attend, by virtue of having bought a ST, or a matchday ticket

Looked more like about 13/14k to me - the atmosphere created sounded like there were about 4,000

Last edited:
Don't forget we had both Zak Whitbread, and SSL out through injury both central defenders, Moore was thrown in at the deep end and has coped pretty well. SSL came on at right back after de Laet was injured in the warm up for the Blackpool match, he lasted an hour and he looked knackered when he came off, he clearly wasn't ready. Zak Whitbread is being brought back to fitness slowly, so hopefully no injury breakdowns. We have plenty of cover at the back, injuries are always an issue, but not necessarily a good reason for bringing in yet another central defender. The only one I want cover for is Konchesky, he hasn't played well so far this season, and a reminder that there is someone else wanting his place, and he may just buck his ideas up a bit.

I refuse to panic until after we beat Watford 4-1

Don't forget we had both Zak Whitbread, and SSL out through injury both central defenders, Moore was thrown in at the deep end and has coped pretty well. SSL came on at right back after de Laet was injured in the warm up for the Blackpool match, he lasted an hour and he looked knackered when he came off, he clearly wasn't ready. Zak Whitbread is being brought back to fitness slowly, so hopefully no injury breakdowns. We have plenty of cover at the back, injuries are always an issue, but not necessarily a good reason for bringing in yet another central defender. The only one I want cover for is Konchesky, he hasn't played well so far this season, and a reminder that there is someone else wanting his place, and he may just buck his ideas up a bit.

I can understand an area of the team such as defence can become stretched through injuries in mid season, especially around Christmas when fixtures get congested. It shouldn't happen at the beginning of the season and it's unforgiveable.

People might point to Man Utd having the same problem but it doesn't change the fact that it's poor preparation. Utd have had that problem over the last few seasons and haven't remedied it and it's cost them points and arguably titles. It's even worse though when you've fallen out with and shipped out most of the defence in the transfer window and failed to replace them adequately.

I refuse to panic until after we beat Watford 4-1

Or we played Plymouth on a Tuesday night.

It's even worse though when you've fallen out with and shipped out most of the defence in the transfer window and failed to replace them adequately.

Just had a look at the league table.

Mills and Peltier's respective clubs are ranked 14th and 15th, Leicester positioned 10th.

Goals Conceded: Leicester 7, Bolton 10, Leeds 11.

We ain't half missing those defenders. Sol ain't doing too bad with 5 goals conceded in 5 games but he's at Turkey's 4th biggest club.

Mills and Peltier's respective clubs are ranked 14th and 15th, Leicester positioned 10th.

We ain't half missing those defenders. Sol ain't doing too bad with 5 goals conceded in 5 games but he's at Turkey's 4th biggest club.

While agree with the sentiment that we got rid of some crap players.. this doesn't mean we have a good defence now that those players have gone :icon_lol:

St Ledger is shite, Konchesky is shite, Moore seems half decent but inexperienced, De Laet.. still not sure what to make of him.. and Morgan is clearly the only defender we have that I have any faith in what so ever..

Would be great to see us bring in an experienced CB on loan and ****ing replace Konchesky. I almost don't care who with now.. let's just stick Logan out there.. atleast he can't be much worse.

I believe they take the ST's as all in attendance and add the ticket sales to that figure

One of the stewards in my area said they don't do that and the figure represents actual bodies through the gates.

The current form of the players we allowed to leave has absolutely zero relevance to the argument, the fact is we have not brought in enough defenders to cope with the injuries that will undoubtadly happen.

I expected a few of those players to leave but I also expected us to possibly bring in cover that can actually play games of football.

The fact we have no cover for Konchesky (or an actual 1st choice replacement based on current form) is totally mind blowing.

I didn't say that. For the past two games, only Morgan in the back four can say he's defend well. Just the presumption that Peltier and Mills are missed is madness.

I don't think St Ledger has been any worse than Moore either. It doesn't matter how young he is, that isn't reflected in the result so he shouldn't escape judgement.

The current form of the players we allowed to leave has absolutely zero relevance to the argument, the fact is we have not brought in enough defenders to cope with the injuries that will undoubtadly happen.

Again, I didn't even try and make a case for that. Just counter argued Greg's point about missing those departed players. Peltier and Mills were no use to us.

The departure of Kennedy was baffling; Pearson's man who played ok in his appearances last season, doesn't even feature in pre-season and is ignored whilst we have no defenders on the bench.

Pearson is making the sins of the scapegoating manager. If someone disobeys, the player is left in the cold and made an example of. It just leads to race of which personnel will go first the manager or the players he wants rid of.

That said I just don't think it makes financial or commonsense to get rid of a manager in the approaching FFP climate. But it's that very climate and imposing of rules which has led to the lack of replacements and their potential impact on the wage bill. It's also that reasoning I suspect we went for De Laet whose inexperienced in his young 20s and needs game time rather than Peltier stumbling on a contract renewal. Far more resell venue in De Laet than there was Peltier.

Last edited:
I don't think St Ledger has been any worse than Moore either. It doesn't matter how young he is, that isn't reflected in the result so he shouldn't escape judgement.

SSL was terrible on last night's goal IMO, he needs a run of games badly. Confidence took a hit during the Euros, had no pre-season to rebuild it.

I fully support the promotion of Moore. We had could have a signed a short-term loan replacement but the reward would have been very, very little. Given that the Wolves strikeforce was the first of real quality he faced it was no surprise to see him struggle.

SSL was terrible on last night's goal IMO, he needs a run of games badly. Confidence took a hit during the Euros, had no pre-season to rebuild it.

I fully support the promotion of Moore. We had could have a signed a short-term loan replacement but the reward would have been very, very little. Given that the Wolves strikeforce was the first of real quality he faced it was no surprise to see him struggle.

I think this is one of my problems with certain elements of our support. Players don't have a dip in form or a bad patch, they are just shit, or ****ing useless. They aren't then given chance to get back ok form. I'm not a fan of Waghorn, but against Wolves and Burnley he looked OK, at least as good as Nugent has, but he's still hounded as useless.

I think this is one of my problems with certain elements of our support. Players don't have a dip in form or a bad patch, they are just shit, or ****ing useless. They aren't then given chance to get back ok form. I'm not a fan of Waghorn, but against Wolves and Burnley he looked OK, at least as good as Nugent has, but he's still hounded as useless.

That's just 'elements of our support' disagreeing with you. I think Waghorn has been shit and/or ****ing useless ever since he signed on permanently for £3m. Waghorn has showed no real ability for a long time. Nugent was very good last season IMO. Yes he hasn't been great this season.. but who has been so far?

For me the key issue isn't even the forwards anyway. We need to sort ourselves out defensively as a priority and that doesn't just mean the back four but defending from the front and particularly in midfield working to close down the ball better and track off the ball runs.

Remember when we beat QPR 2-1 away from home a few seasons back under Pearson? That was probably the proudest I have felt being a Leicester fan for a long time. Probably why I'd like to see Danns bought in because he is one player who will definately work for us when out of posession. We need to get back to that sort of organisation and work ethic because what we are seeing at the moment is a long way from it whether we win or lose. As some one has already said, the odd decent result doesn't paper over the cracks.

Last edited:
I didn't say that. For the past two games, only Morgan in the back four can say he's defend well. Just the presumption that Peltier and Mills are missed is madness.

I haven't said that though, I've said we're poorly prepared defensively for the beginning of a season. A couple of injuries and it's all panic stations. We've got rid of Bamba, Mills, Peltier and Kennedy and then there's also Tunchev and Pantsil that have also gone, although Pantsil was never ever going to get a game. We've replaced Peltier with a player who looks like he will be on and off the treatment table this season, and we've replaced 1 centre back. That's it, unless you consider Pearson's son, who even the club admits won't be playing this season.

This is the longest spell out of the top division that Leicester have spent in my time following the club. As the years roll by i believe there is a frustration that as gradually built up. Since the thai's came to the club, we have enjoyed a budget that in general only parachute payed relegated teams can compete with. Alongside this being the 2nd consecutive season where we have been the bookmakers favs for promotion, it all seems to be adding to unprecedented levels of impatience from the fans. Anything less than a flying start this season was always going to lead to a volatile atmosphere engulfing the club.
I'm not sure where we are going this season. I would however question whether there are enough players that really hate to lose in our team, and also whether we are even capable of being a team of winners, and a team that others fear at this level. At the minute i dont see it.
I was really hoping that we could look forward to one of those seasons, where we would be one of those teams that looked nailed on from the start. As it stands nearly 1 year since NP returned, i still see a team that looks fragile, inconsistant as ever, and despite a good budget well short of real quality. I believe these next 2 or 3 games could decide NP fate. Surely after this length of time the fans have every right to expect to see some improvement. Imo its time for NP and 'his' team to walk the walk and show the paying public that they really are serious contenders. Another season like last is not acceptable in my eyes, and even if we dont do it this time, we should at least be in a position to be extremely confident next time, having just missed out this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669