Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dismal game of football but we made it through.

What do people think of Drinkwater?

I was impressed with his work rate and with how much ground he covered. Always wanting the ball and showing feet. That's not to say he did anything spectacular with it or that my confidence in him complete BUT the lad is 22 and with a few improvements who knows?

I've been a fan of Drinkwater ever since he joined. His passing accuracy can be a bit lacking at times, but if that wasn't the case he wouldn't be playing for a midtable Championship side. He is always looking to make things happen and is confident on the ball. He is one of our better players for playing with his head up and looking for options. He'll be a good player.

Just to clarify before the vultures start desend, I think we are totally wank. I have always been a Pearson supporter but I have been questioning quite a few aspects of his management since my god awful day out in Blackburn.

His dealings in the transfer market in terms of defenders has been totally bewildering Imo, we are so lacking in quality in every aspect of defence. Konchesky has absolutely nobody pushing him for his position, it's a shocking oversight on behalf of the management.

The central area has been bolstered by the single signing of a player devoid of any type of fitness and who has so far proved useless to us.

RDL is so mind boglingly poor at defending that I have to question the supposedly brilliant defensive mind of Pearson. Overall a bit of a mess there.

The central midfield is as expected, mind numbingly average, we have failed for so many years to purchase a creative or solid midfielder, all of ours fall into a 'meh' kind of catagory, in fact I'm not too sure of their strengths or true roles. What role is James playing? what did NP see that was so compelling he purchased him?

The movement in the market in terms of strikers is very strange. It seems we have signed a lad with no football league experience and rather than give him time to adapt through the odd substitute appearance we have just thrown him in and watched him struggle, seems like a terrible way to integrate the lad. The short of it is that we have a player with proven Championship / Premier League experience rotting away in a sad old state of affairs whilst we pi9n all of our hope on said non leage striker.

Im slighlty bewildered by these happenings, it all seems very disjointed and half arsed.

I can only hope that they all come good and we start to gel and pick up more regular points.

Just seen the goals, thought Nugents was taken well, he didn't have much time to set himself up for a volley, thought Vardys was a cracker, it may have taken a deflection which I didn't see on the re-run either way he did well to get the shot on target, from the position he was in. Lets hope there's lots more to come from the pair of them.

I too am confused by the use of our strikers. I actually think Vardy has been okay so far, given the step up he has had to make. Hopefully a bit more time will see him scoring more goals, but of a return of one in three is no disaster considering his background. Nugent played reasonably well last night but by and large has disappointed me since the back end of last season. I have seen enough of Beckford to believe that he is capable of scoring goals at this level. His performance off the bench the other week wasn't good, but it looked to me to be the performance of a player lacking confidence, not of one lacking effort. Similar can be said of Waghorn's showing last night, only it didn't look to me as though there was any confidence issue (no evidence of snatching at shots, forcing the ball, etc), just a lack of ability one. And I've no idea at all why we've signed Futacs.

What's wrong with sticking around and hoping that Leicester City become a better team? This last decade or so has arguably been the worst run in the history of the club. We have the resources and the potential to be better than we are now. I know this because, and I'm sure you are well aware, we have been in the past.

If I'm watching us play midtable second tier football then I will have a moan about it because it is right at the lower end of what our expectations should be. Historically we are a promotion chasing second tier/relegation battling top tier club. I'd be happy enough with either of those realities. But I am not happy with where we have been over the last ten years (with one exception, in 2009/10) because we have done nothing but underachieve.

I agree with your assessment of Pearson's job security; that he doesn't have much. Two defeats on the trot would do for him. Let's hope they don't come.

Did you know Forest won the European Cup once?

The movement in the market in terms of strikers is very strange. It seems we have signed a lad with no football league experience and rather than give him time to adapt through the odd substitute appearance we have just thrown him in and watched him struggle, seems like a terrible way to integrate the lad. The short of it is that we have a player with proven Championship / Premier League experience rotting away in a sad old state of affairs whilst we pi9n all of our hope on said non leage striker.

Personally I've been impressed by Vardy in most of the games I've seen him play. Mind you I thought he was poor against Wolves and didn't see the game last night.

Did you know Forest won the European Cup once?

And we finished second in the league in 1929. And challenged for the title in the 1960s. And have reached multiple FA Cup finals since World War II. You will note that I have not at any point stated that those past achievements form the basis of my expectations of how well the club should be doing now. They, like Forest's European Cup wins, are outside of what we should expect as normal for our club at the upper end, just as our performances over the last decade are at the lower end.

If I'd said I expect us to be challenging for league titles and FA Cup wins you'd have a point. But I didn't, so you don't.

Just seen the goals, thought Nugents was taken well, he didn't have much time to set himself up for a volley, thought Vardys was a cracker, it may have taken a deflection which I didn't see on the re-run either way he did well to get the shot on target, from the position he was in. Lets hope there's lots more to come from the pair of them.

It took a massive deflection - was going nowhere near the goal until it did. Fair play for the effort, tho', and they all count

Bloody hell, Lako you are in a mess I think a lie down in a darkened room for a couple of weeks might help. RDL, which I assume is Rory de Leat, is known as an attack minded fullback, if you want someone who never crosses the halfway line, then he is the wrong guy, he clearly wasn't purchased for that kind of defensive role.Morgan has been a fantastic buy, Moore for a 19 year old has done well, yes a few mistakes but surely thats about playing for the first time at this level. Konchesky I would have some sympathy with your views, we certainly need someone to push him for his place. As for midfield, I think they ,have done well, yes they are young but they are learning and I don't think they are as easy to get off the ball as your making out. As for the forwards Marshall, inspired signing, as is Knocheart, Vardy certainly rough around the edges, but has a fantastic attitude the skill factor can be honed on the training ground. We have strength in depth, Beckford , Schulpp, Danns et cetera. Therefore I wouldn't share your pessimistic standpoint.

And I've no idea at all why we've signed Futacs.

A big forward who can hold the ball up and get to headers in the Steve Howard mould?

Anyway, not seen enough of him to judge yet.

It took a massive deflection - was going nowhere near the goal until it did. Fair play for the effort, tho', and they all count

surly that will end up going down as an own goal then

Bloody hell, Lako you are in a mess I think a lie down in a darkened room for a couple of weeks might help. RDL, which I assume is Rory de Leat, is known as an attack minded fullback, if you want someone who never crosses the halfway line, then he is the wrong guy, he clearly wasn't purchased for that kind of defensive role.Morgan has been a fantastic buy, Moore for a 19 year old has done well, yes a few mistakes but surely thats about playing for the first time at this level. Konchesky I would have some sympathy with your views, we certainly need someone to push him for his place. As for midfield, I think they ,have done well, yes they are young but they are learning and I don't think they are as easy to get off the ball as your making out. As for the forwards Marshall, inspired signing, as is Knocheart, Vardy certainly rough around the edges, but has a fantastic attitude the skill factor can be honed on the training ground. We have strength in depth, Beckford , Schulpp, Danns et cetera. Therefore I wouldn't share your pessimistic standpoint.

You can dress it up however you like, the fact is the defence is a total shambles, just look at the goals we have conceded, that alone proves the issue.

Our full backs get torn to shreds every single game, I cannot believe how easy it is for the oppositions wide men to beat them both.

I always sided with Konchesky because I always thought he was doing the job of two players last season, however I think he is proving how terrible he can be this season, he is beaten numerous times in every single game without fail.

We are very thin on the ground at the back, as the result of NP selling 4 defenders and replacing them with 1, 1 that cannot even manage a game of football because of his horrendous record with injuries.

Bad preperation and bad procurement imo.

A big forward who can hold the ball up and get to headers in the Steve Howard mould?

Anyway, not seen enough of him to judge yet.

Aye, I get the logic behind it, and I've no idea whether he is any good or not. I meant more in terms of him not being used. Early days though.

Nice win. I always think the games where you win from behind make the 3 points that much sweeter.
They also tend to point to a resilience within the team.

That said, a 2-0 sweat free three in a row away win is the dogs.

Your entitled to your opinion Lako, but I don't share it at all, perhaps we will be a better position to judge after more than just 6 games, say 20, and we will have a better idea of the squads strengths and weaknesses.

As nice as it is to have won three home games in a row, I don't see how that will help Pearson to keep his job if the away form remains poor. Remember, Eriksson was sacked having won more league games than he lost last season.

Clearly, I agree that our away form needs to improve, but I think it will given Pearson's reasonable away form with us in his previous stint and given the performances I've seen away from home so far this season.

Are you also aware that we lost to Burton at home in the league cup?

Yes, and I put about as much weight on it as I do on our victory over Torquay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669