Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of my problems with certain elements of our support. Players don't have a dip in form or a bad patch, they are just shit, or ****ing useless. They aren't then given chance to get back ok form. I'm not a fan of Waghorn, but against Wolves and Burnley he looked OK, at least as good as Nugent has, but he's still hounded as useless.

Fans have always scapegoated and always will; our supporters certainly aren't unique in that respect. Waghorn was alright against Wolves, but last night his performance was appalling, worse than that of Beckford against Blackpool. He misplaced, gave away or fell over the ball more often than he did things right. He was in some encouraging positions, I'll give him that much, but that sounds rather like the Dyer defence. It's no good being there if you can't kick the bloody ball.

If Waghorn started banging in goals right, left and centre he would soon get the fans back on side. The same goes for any of our players. Football fans are fickle and if the players can't cope with that they're in the wrong game. It's the job of the manager to give players a chance (or otherwise) and to build relationships with them sufficient that he can have as big an influence as possible on things like their confidence, not the job of the fans.

You can dress it up however you like, the fact is the defence is a total shambles, just look at the goals we have conceded, that alone proves the issue.

Our full backs get torn to shreds every single game, I cannot believe how easy it is for the oppositions wide men to beat them both.

I always sided with Konchesky because I always thought he was doing the job of two players last season, however I think he is proving how terrible he can be this season, he is beaten numerous times in every single game without fail.

We are very thin on the ground at the back, as the result of NP selling 4 defenders and replacing them with 1, 1 that cannot even manage a game of football because of his horrendous record with injuries.

Bad preperation and bad procurement imo.

We have let in 7 goals in 6 League games. At home we have let in 1 goal in 3. We have let in less goals than Blackburn who are top. We are the only team to have kept a clean sheet against Blackpool who have scored fifteen goals against the other five teams they have played. I doubt if Ian Holloway thinks our defence is a shambles since his team would be top if they had been able to score against us.

Any defence looks bad when they let in a goal. My concern is at the other end. Despite the two goals from strikers last night no striker has impressed me so far this season.

We have let in 7 goals in 6 League games. At home we have let in 1 goal in 3. We have let in less goals than Blackburn who are top. We are the only team to have kept a clean sheet against Blackpool who have scored fifteen goals against the other five teams they have played. I doubt if Ian Holloway thinks our defence is a shambles since his team would be top if they had been able to score against us.

Any defence looks bad when they let in a goal. My concern is at the other end. Despite the two goals from strikers last night no striker has impressed me so far this season.
Fair point, we seem to have been giving away silly goals attributable for the most part to individual errors thus far. If they can be reduced ( after all, all teams do concede goals, that's the nature of football ) we could have quite a tight defence for the majority of the season. I agree with you, none of the strikers has impressed too much this season, but who knows, one or more could hit some form soon. If they did, the mood around the place would change markedly ( probably too much in the way of hey, we are going to walk the league ), some of our support seem prone to wild mood swings. I wonder if mass medication might help.

Fewer goals.

Looks like I was wrong...it didn't stop them

Interesting that the owners get labelled with being 'trigger happy' but some fans are already calling for NPs head. IANGWOC

The fact we have no cover for Konchesky (or an actual 1st choice replacement based on current form) is totally mind blowing.

What I find even more mind blowing is the fact that Pearson has said he is happy with the squad he has and sees no need to bring in anyone else!

Indeed. But saying something like "we are always looking for ways to improve the squad" would be harmless enough, and could also act as a bit of extra motivation unless our current squad is full of mental weaklings.

Last edited:
Indeed. But saying something like "we are always looking for ways to improve the squad" would be harmless enough, and could also act as a bit of extra motivation unless our current squad is full of mental weaklings.
I don't give a stuff what the manager says, most of it, especially from the more media savvy ones than NP, is absolute guff. Look at the crap Redknapp came out with, journos loved him, but it was all meaningless cobblers.

He's not going to publicly say that they are rubbish is he.

No he's not but you would have though that even he would have recognised that we aren't exactly over blessed with cover for Konch and would therefore recognise the need to do something about it sooner rather than later.

No he's not but you would have though that even he would have recognised that we aren't exactly over blessed with cover for Konch and would therefore recognise the need to do something about it sooner rather than later.

How do you know he isn't doing something about it? What NP won't do is bring somebody in who isn't up to the job.

How do you know he isn't doing something about it? What NP won't do is bring somebody in who isn't up to the job.

He has also stated that he thinks Schlupp is adequate cover at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669