Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
technically we did, on Perez, the problem is who do you get, Zaha would be perfect but they'd what for him what we'd want for Maddison so it's not going to happen, I'd like someone like Shaqiri after he recovers from his injury at Liverpool
I watched zaha very closely all game on Saturday. Thought he was slow, and not aggressive enough. Ok once he had the ball but didn't work hard enough to get it. Not for me.

Splendid words from BR, and much needed. Our wide attackers being given warning that their stats need to improve or he'll have to replace them.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/do-more--brendan-rodgers-3448743
Only 3 players in the PL have more assists than Barnes so far this season. He has the same amount as Mahrez, Salah, Firmino, Robertson and Anderson. It may be very difficult to find someone who could have done better in this area for the cash we have available.

Yeah but they include absurd stats like the 'assist' for Tielemans which is a nonsense. A better measure is this: combined xG (expected goals) and xA (expected assists) per 90mins this season:

Gray - 0.58
Albrighton - 0.52
Barnes - 0.31
Perez - 0.18
Maddison - 0.40

For me, we want to be having players getting close to 1.0 per 90 mins. By means of comparison, here are some selected similar position players from the two sides above us:

Mahrez - 1.10
De Bruyne - 1.19
B Silva - 1.03
D Silva - 0.82
Sterling - 1.13
Firminio - 0.83
Salah - 0.82
Mane - 0.67

Only 3 players in the PL have more assists than Barnes so far this season. He has the same amount as Mahrez, Salah, Firmino, Robertson and Anderson. It may be very difficult to find someone who could have done better in this area for the cash we have available.

you mean, absolutely ****ing loads? We are a very rich club indeed. If people want to keep believing this, great, but all of our major investments are already paid for by Messrs Maguire and Mahrez.
Would anyone be surprised to see us spend 60m?

Yeah but they include absurd stats like the 'assist' for Tielemans which is a nonsense. A better measure is this: combined xG (expected goals) and xA (expected assists) per 90mins this season:

Gray - 0.58
Albrighton - 0.52
Barnes - 0.31
Perez - 0.18
Maddison - 0.40

For me, we want to be having players getting close to 1.0 per 90 mins. By means of comparison, here are some selected similar position players from the two sides above us:

Mahrez - 1.10
De Bruyne - 1.19
B Silva - 1.03
D Silva - 0.82
Sterling - 1.13
Firminio - 0.83
Salah - 0.82
Mane - 0.67
What the entire **** :icon lol::icon lol::icon lol:

Gray - 0.58
Albrighton - 0.52
Barnes - 0.31
Perez - 0.18
Maddison - 0.40

Mahrez - 1.10
De Bruyne - 1.19
B Silva - 1.03
D Silva - 0.82
Sterling - 1.13
Firminio - 0.83
Salah - 0.82
Mane - 0.67
****ing hell. Theoretical stats are now better than actual stats. Can someone ban him if he uses xG again.... Please....?

you mean, absolutely ****ing loads? We are a very rich club indeed. If people want to keep believing this, great, but all of our major investments are already paid for by Messrs Maguire and Mahrez.
My point was more that, other than players in the PL who we could never, ever attract to our club, Barnes has more or as many assists as anyone else.

Well I prefer looking at xT - expected transfer fees rather than actual transfer fees paid

It’s a much better reflection of where we are

My point was more that, other than players in the PL who we could never, ever attract to our club, Barnes has more or as many assists as anyone else.

But we've already clarified that they given him the second for Saturday when he clearly didn't assist it in anyway.

You clinging on to this assist stat is almost as boring as BN although his xG & xA post makes more sense imo.

Barnes has been disappointing overall imo and if we want to make the top 4, we need to see a hell of a lot more from him and Perez.

Good prospect but will be best as an impact player for us for now whilst being an excellent back-up/one for the future.

But we've already clarified that they given him the second for Saturday when he clearly didn't assist it in anyway.

You clinging on to this assist stat is almost as boring as BN although his xG & xA post makes more sense imo.

Barnes has been disappointing overall imo and if we want to make the top 4, we need to see a hell of a lot more from him and Perez.

Good prospect but will be best as an impact player for us for now whilst being an excellent back-up/one for the future.
No. 1, you haven't clarified anything to me at all. If you really want me to go into all manner of ways a small touch, however insignificant it may seem, can effect a ball whether it is meant or not then I can but we'd both be bored out of our skull and I'm not sure you'd understand the physics. No. 2, I'm not 'clinging on' to anything, I am using facts. Simple, truthful, concrete, uncomplicated, easy to understand, quantifiable facts. Not tenuous, theoretical, opinionated nonsense based on guess work and heresay. No. 3, your opinion of Barnes is for you to construct and that's fine. I have no idea why you think I should either concur or take this as evidence that the statistics are wrong. You spent a year trying to convince me and others that your opinion about Puel being a decent manager was correct; we all know how that worked out for you. No. 4, I don't know why you're so cross! I think you need to relax a little sunshine.

my thoughts as well, that cross was the equivalent of a 40 yard pot shot, you think "go on then do it, that's not going to cause a problem"
That's exactly what I thought when Kompany got the ball 30 yards out towards the end of the away game at Man. City last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566