Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the equaliser and the disallowed goal feel like a dagger through the heart to their disgusting gammon fans and that diseased bollock in a suit Dyche.

I think we need to accept that until we get Evans back full time, we're going to be weaker defensively than we're used to. It's crap, but it is what it is. If Fofana had got injured earlier in the window, we might have had more time to get a better replacement, but that's how it is.

Absolute shit show from Bertrand and Soumare, who should have been hauled off much earlier. Vestergaard was a nightmare in the first but better in the second. Soyuncu did okay. Castagne made a massive difference when he came on as did both Nacho and Maddison, the latter being very neat and tidy on the ball and very calm.

Tielemans was so much better and Ndidi looked better as well. I thought Vardy was good too. Lookman was our best player throughout and looked threatening every time he got the ball.

However, that's not a point I really want to celebrate. I mean, it's better than nothing but we need to put teams like that away much more easily. Defensively, we are a shambles.

Ffs I agree with you again. Except Soumare, watching it here at the ground he looked solid enough
Absolute shit show from Bertrand and Soumare, who should have been hauled off much earlier. Vestergaard was a nightmare in the first but better in the second. Soyuncu did okay. Castagne made a massive difference when he came on as did both Nacho and Maddison, the latter being very neat and tidy on the ball and very calm.

Tielemans was so much better and Ndidi looked better as well. I thought Vardy was good too. Lookman was our best player throughout and looked threatening every time he got the ball.

However, that's not a point I really want to celebrate. I mean, it's better than nothing but we need to put teams like that away much more easily. Defensively. We are a shambles.

However, that's not a point I really want to celebrate. I mean, it's better than nothing but we need to put teams like that away much more easily. Defensively. We are a shambles.
Agree with that. I too feel weird that I’m pleased we managed a solid half hour and got a deserved equaliser against such a remarkably shit team but that’s just where we are at the minute.

Funny how after all that we equalised and still managed to cram in five minutes of comedy passing and defending. That free kick that Tielemans aimed at Vestergaard was comedy gold.

I know you and I agree that Perez is bad but not as shit as some like to make out but Lookman did more today than Perez has done in dozens of appearances.

Ffs I agree with you again. Except Soumare, watching it here at the ground he looked solid enough

Yeah, he’s largely right. Soumare was fine though. He’s going to take some time to settle too.

I also thought Vestergaard was a liability throughout. Got absolutely mugged on their disallowed goal.

I think Burnley are dreadful. Going down. Doesn’t bode well for us.

I couldn't get there today as the wife is working so I am only going by what I saw on the stream. I just thought he looked so sloppy and he gave away far too many fouls in daft places. He looked to go backwards every time. He didn't look any better to me than Mendy and he certainly isn't good enough. He's new to it all so he gets the benefit of the doubt for a while but we were much, much better when he was hauled off.

I
Yeah, he’s largely right. Soumare was fine though. He’s going to take some time to settle too.

I also thought Vestergaard was a liability throughout. Got absolutely mugged on their disallowed goal.
I think playing Soumare is a way of countering the lack of pace in defence. If Evans comes back, I'd expect Soumare to drop for Maddison etc

Agree with that. I too feel weird that I’m pleased we managed a solid half hour and got a deserved equaliser against such a remarkably shit team but that’s just where we are at the minute.

Funny how after all that we equalised and still managed to cram in five minutes of comedy passing and defending. That free kick that Tielemans aimed at Vestergaard was comedy gold.

I know you and I agree that Perez is bad but not as shit as some like to make out but Lookman did more today than Perez has done in dozens of appearances.
Can't argue with any of that. I've always said that Perez is a good squad player but Lookman is the man to start. He was excellent.

I couldn't get there today as the wife is working so I am only going by what I saw on the stream. I just thought he looked so sloppy and he gave away far too many fouls in daft places. He looked to go backwards every time. He didn't look any better to me than Mendy and he certainly isn't good enough. He's new to it all so he gets the benefit of the doubt for a while but we were much, much better when he was hauled off.
I think he suffered because Maddison wasn't there. Every time he had the ball, he seemed to look in the pocket, nobody was there, so had to go elsewhere.

I

I think playing Soumare is a way of countering the lack of pace in defence. If Evans comes back, I'd expect Soumare to drop for Maddison etc
Probably but that is negated by him giving away free kicks in needless positions and giving the ball away time after time.

I think he suffered because Maddison wasn't there. Every time he had the ball, he seemed to look in the pocket, nobody was there, so had to go elsewhere.
This could well be the issue.

Time will tell us I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861