Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You win games with defensive solidity, but we were very poor today. Too easy to knock a ball in behind us in the 1st half, too ponderous when playing across the back. Vestergaard and Cags has tough afternoons, Pereira very poor. I am not sure 433 suits us, with the 4231 giving us more going forward. Lookman excellent, as was Vardy, running in behind. I thought Barnes didn’t offer a consistent threat, Iheanacho and Maddison were OK. As for Burnley, they came for the point and got it - I hate to see time-wasting, but all sides do it.

What a fecking shite afternoon that was.

Arrive at the turnstile, put my card in, goes green, push onto the turnstile and the dozey twat of a steward pushes the turnstile back on me. I'm then locked out. The steward apologises and says he knows what he did but says nothing he can do. I kick off. I then kick off with boss steward. Nothing. End up in a long queue at the ticket office, kick off with them too and miss the kick off.

Then I have to watch that shitshow. Schmeichel was fecking awful. No presence and no composure. He's the captain but plays like a frightened kid sometimes. Useless.

The defence is an unmitigated disaster area. Bertrand looked excellent in preseason and then he got Covid. Since when he's looked like Konchesky if he was still playing now. Legs gone, heads gone, hearts gone.

Vestergaard is a mess. Ricardo has also gone to shit. He was flying at the start of the season but since going off at Norwich he's been the shit Ricardo again. What on earth happens to these players?

Soyuncu was fine. The midfield was fine.

Barnes was garbage. Teachers pet so seems to get away with whatever but he was wasteful and immature. Lookman the best player we had by a mile. So of course shit for brains takes him off. Afterwards, BR said it was because he was asking for a pouch of energy drink which BR interpreted as meaning he was close to death.

Oh, the waste of Iheanacho once again. Oh, the shambolic shape of the team. There is just no plan b. If what we want to do doesn't work, we keep on doing it. The manager is letting the players and fans down right now. Utterly inexplicable decision making. Much like the gormless twat at turnstile 20.

I'd just like to make the point again, Kavannah is the worst ref in the league. And whoever was the fourth official adding 2 minutes first half then 4 second is a coward.

I refuse to acknowledge that he exists. I've made too many posts about him. I won't get drawn in any more. It's not good for my heart.

He made 22 forward passes in the game.
I thought Soumare looked solid and needs more game time he looks like he will be a good player for the club. Barnes was not at the races today hopefully he gets better the more the season progresses.

Arrive at the turnstile, put my card in, goes green, push onto the turnstile and the dozey twat of a steward pushes the turnstile back on me. I'm then locked out. The steward apologises and says he knows what he did but says nothing he can do. I kick off. I then kick off with boss steward. Nothing. End up in a long queue at the ticket office, kick off with them too and miss the kick off.
Fan club of the year again this season no doubt

Vestergard, Bertrand, Ricardo, Soumare, Barnes

Absolutely ****ing hopeless. Totally, dreadfully awful every one of them

When Castagne came on, he and Lookman looked incredibly dangerous down the left hand side. Really really good. Even better when he finally brought Nacho on ascLookman pushed right out onto the touch line. We looked exciting to watch

Unfortunately ****wit took off Lookman (cos he asked for an energy gel FFS) and it all went to shit. What a ludicrous decision.

Thank the Lord for the Nacho/Vardy partnership which always looks threatening and potentially sensational. Sadly something we hardly ever get to see because Rodgers is a ****ing idiot.

We made a shithouse like Vydra look like Pele. We made a godawful Burnley look like Brazil.

We are ****ing shite

What a fecking shite afternoon that was.

Then I have to watch that shitshow. Schmeichel was fecking awful. No presence and no composure. He's the captain but plays like a frightened kid sometimes. Useless.

The defence is an unmitigated disaster area. Bertrand looked excellent in preseason and then he got Covid. Since when he's looked like Konchesky if he was still playing now. Legs gone, heads gone, hearts gone.

Vestergaard is a mess. Ricardo has also gone to shit. He was flying at the start of the season but since going off at Norwich he's been the shit Ricardo again. What on earth happens to these players?

Soyuncu was fine. The midfield was fine.

Barnes was garbage. Teachers pet so seems to get away with whatever but he was wasteful and immature. Lookman the best player we had by a mile. So of course shit for brains takes him off. Afterwards, BR said it was because he was asking for a pouch of energy drink which BR interpreted as meaning he was close to death.

Oh, the waste of Iheanacho once again. Oh, the shambolic shape of the team. There is just no plan b. If what we want to do doesn't work, we keep on doing it. The manager is letting the players and fans down right now. Utterly inexplicable decision making. Much like the gormless twat at turnstile 20.
Did he confiscate your flask?

Haven't seen a second of this game but just from seeing the score I can imagine how it all went.

Kasper Schmeichel......... ****ing hell

Was it a lot of this but closer to our goal? Less cheering too obvs....

To many players had poor games with a special mention to Schmeichel and Barnes, unless Lookman was not match fit taking him off and leaving Barnes on was bizarre.
The game itself was shit and nothing really positive to take from it, we seriously need to shake ourselves out of this rut as I can't see anything other than defeats in the next 2 games.

Whilst walking to the ground my Dad asked if I wanted to go to watch Napoli v Leicester in December, after the game I asked if he still wanted to go he said "oh yes Naples is lovely we just won't go and watch the football"

To many players had poor games with a special mention to Schmeichel and Barnes, unless Lookman was not match fit taking him off and leaving Barnes on was bizarre.
The game itself was shit and nothing really positive to take from it, we seriously need to shake ourselves out of this rut as I can't see anything other than defeats in the next 2 games.

Whilst walking to the ground my Dad asked if I wanted to go to watch Napoli v Leicester in December, after the game I asked if he still wanted to go he said "oh yes Naples is lovely we just won't go and watch the football"
Naples is a shit hole

That would have been ok, Fitz - it was actually two or three passes backwards like that followed by simply giving it to the opposition

Castagne and Lookman together down the right were fantastic. They looked like a real partnership.

Did you see them? Looked someone dumped a butcher’s dustbin onto each seat and slung a few Primark T-shirt’s and baseball caps on top.
Those are actually the upmarket Burnley fans. The ones that can afford to travel.

It amused me greatly when, at a music festival in Morecambe years ago I was told that the rest of Lancashire calls Burnley folk "Dingles" after the scumbag family on Emmerdale. I still find it funny.

Was at the game. Kavenagh (? Spelling ) is obviously card happy but some very odd decisions. 14? Cards in 3 games. Taking Lookman off was one of the strangest Brenda decisions ever. Is he injured? Vardy has his goal scoring boots back on. Pierera off at HT another mystery but he went 3 at the back and more attacking so I guess right. Tielemans looked on top. The most annoying part for me? We win a corner at 1-2 down and Maddison walks, no strolls, to pick it up. I was ****ing furious at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757