Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** me. I left the pub yesterday as Sky announced Burnley's third goal. On the way back to the boat I got a notification from BBC Sport, telling me that the final score was 2-2. Almost immediately afterwards another notification corrected that and told me the final score was 3-2.
I had a restless night.
Today I find that the third goal was disallowed and that we got a point.
I'm still not happy.
We were happy leaving the stadium as were most of the animated crowd. It felt like a win in the circumstances.

Just watched the MOTD highlights. In the second half the first highlight was the Castagne penalty shout which never was in a million years, and then the second was Vardy’s 85th minute goal.

They must have forgotten about all those dangerous balls we put into the box, and all those amazing blocks they made.

Just watched the MOTD highlights. In the second half the first highlight was the Castagne penalty shout which never was in a million years, and then the second was Vardy’s 85th minute goal.

They must have forgotten about all those dangerous balls we put into the box, and all those amazing blocks they made.
Yes, MotD are well known for showing every attempt, especially towards the end of the program. You're making yourself look a bit of a tit, but keep going.

Yes, MotD are well known for showing every attempt, especially towards the end of the program. You're making yourself look a bit of a tit, but keep going.
Nothing of note happened in that second half until we scored.

We were completely devoid of ideas until Iheanacho came on.

I’m glad you lot are satisfied with our creativity against Burnley at home. I for sure am not.

That was my first game of the season. It was certainly entertaining… but our Defence is a shambles. Going to be a tough season if we can’t sort that.

Seems a bit odd that our plan for strengthening our defence was to sign 50% of Southampton’s water tight offering :icon lol:

Nothing of note happened in that second half until we scored.

We were completely devoid of ideas until Iheanacho came on.

I’m glad you lot are satisfied with our creativity against Burnley at home. I for sure am not.
You've hidden your displeasure well.

We are massively underachieving.

Questions are and should bd asked after some of our approaches to games this season.

BR isn't being paid tgd same as Holloway or Adams.

He is and should be judged with much higher expectations and at the minute he's making plenty of bewildering decisions and showing a lack of Learning.

He's not above us BTW.

I thought we would have an easy start to the season WW, Norwich, Brighton, Burnley - got to get 12 points right there - and perhaps nick a point from Man City and WHU. Thankfully I'm not a betting man.
And to make matters worse, we have now slumped below Arsenal in the table. Disappointed.

It will be all ok. We will be nowhere all season and get into the Top Four on the last weekend.

Our defensive errors and issues are going to cripple our season before we can even get going.

I genuinely think it's our defence costing us so much at the moment. I know we haven't been creating loads - although we did a lot more against Burnley - but IMO having a solid defence also helps with that. I noticed on Saturday how little our full backs were getting involved in our attacking play compared to normal, and wondered if that's because they're having to help more defensively?

I really hope Evans isn't finished yet and is ready to get back in the starting line-up soon. That would make a huge difference. And the sooner we get JJ back the better too.

More available defenders would also give us the option of the back 5 again, which would then let us put 2 up front and get Nacho in.

My first game of the season in the flesh and went through the full gamut of emotions, even more so in the last minute.

Defensively we were shocking, all over the place, every time Burnley lumped the ball forward we didn't know how to deal with 2 fairly average forwards.

Midfield was probbaly our strongest area, not great but ok. Tielemans was the standout player on the pitch IMO but I thought Soumare did ok. Always available, looking to play in tight areas and trying to pass forwards mostly. He seemed to be involved in most of the good things we did.

Up front was hit and miss, good finishing from Vardy, apart from the easy chance obviously. Lookman looked good but did make a mess of at least one of our breaks that looked threatening. Barnes always available and running direct but not quite working for him at the moment.

Half way through the second half I thought we would actually go on to win, we were causing problems down both sides, without a quality final pass. Maddison replacing Lookman seemed to throw us off our stride, apart from the goal obviously, and seemed to take away our width.

Overall left feeling a point was about right, could have lost, could have won.

We've been shit at home for 18 months now. I wonder what the next excuse for this will be? We've had no fans, crap pitch and injuries already.

We've been shit at home for 18 months now. I wonder what the next excuse for this will be? We've had no fans, crap pitch and injuries already.
Wasn't the new pitch supposed to promote a fast paced passing game? I've not seen much of that so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363