Post Match Leicester 2 Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't able to watch most of this but from what I saw: going all out against a low block doesn't work when you have two brainless clodhoppers in defence. I don't think Vestergaard is a complete disaster, but he's not much of an upgrade on Amartey. You'd think someone so big wouldn't let every shithouse forward tear through him like a wet tissue.

I don't think Vestegaard is fully fit yet, still seems off the pace.

I just felt he looked clumsy and gave too many daft, unnecessary free kicks away. He looked like a beefed up Mendy to me. I'm hopeful he will come good and he showed a few lovely touches today but so far, I haven't seen anything to suggest he is an improvement on what we already hhad. Time will tell.
Interesting. I thought he was strong in the tackle and passed the ball really well. Of the Yaya Toure mould.

He filled me with optimism that he’ll be a key player for us

I don't think Vestegaard is fully fit yet, still seems off the pace.
His passing was woeful and put us into some dangerous situations. But yes I agree he doesn’t look fully fit yet

His passing was woeful and put us into some dangerous situations. But yes I agree he doesn’t look fully fit yet
I disagree, I think his passing was, on the whole, pretty good. There were a couple of exceptional pings across the park to add to a pretty solid ball playing defender performance.

Considering he’s barely played with this time and has been thrown in to a makeshift defence, Vestergaard has done very well in my opinion, and surprised me as I was skeptical with the signing. Didn’t see how he got his booking as the stream was down.

Interesting. I thought he was strong in the tackle and passed the ball really well. Of the Yaya Toure mould.

He filled me with optimism that he’ll be a key player for us
I agree with this, Soumare played okay today and looked much more physical. In terms of the fouls he gave away, I thought Kavanagh was shockingly inconsistent with the ‘letting the game flow’ mentality we have seen so far this season. Some of the refs decisions were very poor, two or three from Soumare tackles.

Whilst walking to the ground my Dad asked if I wanted to go to watch Napoli v Leicester in December, after the game I asked if he still wanted to go he said "oh yes Naples is lovely we just won't go and watch the football"
Can recommend a trip to nearby Vesuvius and Pompeii -
The volcano was more explosive than Vardy and Pompeii's residents are still more lively than our defence.

I disagree, I think his passing was, on the whole, pretty good. There were a couple of exceptional pings across the park to add to a pretty solid ball playing defender performance.

Considering he’s barely played with this time and has been thrown in to a makeshift defence, Vestergaard has done very well in my opinion, and surprised me as I was skeptical with the signing. Didn’t see how he got his booking as the stream was down.
I agree. His passing was much better than Kasper's! The early booking affected the rest of his game. It was a fairly innocuous challenge and penalised by a poor and inconsistent referee.

Well, that was shite.

Defensively awful, and creating nothing, whilst playing slow, pedestrian, boring football. Puel-ball if you will, and it has been going on far longer than this season.

How is it possible to have a squad with Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy etc…and be one of the least threatening teams in the league? It’s bordering on criminal.

Ridiculous formations, bizarre starting line ups, and shambolic substitutions. Iheanacho and Vardy play well together, and we’ve barely seen it this season.

I remember Rodgers coming out and saying that the players have no excuse now that we have the new state of the art training ground. Well, the same applies to him. He’s the first to give himself praise when we’re doing well. He now needs to be self critical and wake the **** up.
If you thought the performance yesterday was "creating nothing", it really just highlights the fact you aren't prepared to see any positives.

10 shots
12 blocked shots
8 corners
26 crosses
60+% possession

If you thought the performance yesterday was "creating nothing", it really just highlights the fact you aren't prepared to see any positives.

10 shots
12 blocked shots
8 corners
26 crosses
60+% possession
I don’t need stats to see that apart from the two goals, we didn’t test their goalkeeper.

Their defenders made some class last ditch blocks, to be fair to them. Two of them seemed to deny what were certain goals.

Vardy also missed that absolute sitter of a header in the first half.

I don’t need stats to see that apart from the two goals, we didn’t test their goalkeeper.
He came out and caught multiple dangerous crosses.

Their defence was superbly marshalled and made numerous last ditch tackles and blocks.

Vardy missed a sitter.

Not all chances are solely counted by the opposition goalkeeper making saves.

Oooh wow.

We rarely looked like scoring for the majority of the game.
We had more than 20 chances, if you don’t think we looked dangerous in attack then you are probably in a minority of 1.

Coukd our attacking play be improved? Yes, of course, Barnes is very hot and cold and disappears for large parts of games, and Perreira was poor, but overall I believe that was our best attacking display of the season thus far.

Vardy was ****ing immense as was Lookman.

Defence is our main issue at the moment as we can’t carry the ball forward effectively without Fofana, this isn’t Brendans fault but is a situation thrust upon him due to injuries which we have tried to plug with what I would term as “emergency” signings.

We will improve and be in the mix at the top.

**** me. I left the pub yesterday as Sky announced Burnley's third goal. On the way back to the boat I got a notification from BBC Sport, telling me that the final score was 2-2. Almost immediately afterwards another notification corrected that and told me the final score was 3-2.
I had a restless night.
Today I find that the third goal was disallowed and that we got a point.
I'm still not happy.

**** me. I left the pub yesterday as Sky announced Burnley's third goal. On the way back to the boat I got a notification from BBC Sport, telling me that the final score was 2-2. Almost immediately afterwards another notification corrected that and told me the final score was 3-2.
I had a restless night.
Today I find that the third goal was disallowed and that we got a point.
I'm still not happy.
Wait till you find out the result of the Brighton game last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472